Author Topic: Gardening Career tips  (Read 15877 times)

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
Gardening Career tips
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
In my current dynasty my founder is only at level 7 of the gardening career and few days into her adult life. I have been using all the info in the guide and other information found in the forum, but I am wondering if anyone has any specific tips or tricks to help me speed along her promotions? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Gardening Career tips
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »
It depends what expansion packs you have.

If you have WA get yourself a holiday home and garden there.  (unfortunately, the garden bug makes this impossible for an established sim)

Buy the gardening station and the (premium store content, currently only available with the whole greenhouse set).  You get several perfect harvests per day if you want them.

Sell your produce through the consignment store, it's significantly more valuable.

Grow only life-fruit (by far the most valuable produce) and garlic to use as fertalizer.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:52:29 PM »
From reading some dynasties, they try to plant money trees as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that if you sell the money bag, it goes to the gardening career. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »
The money bags only count if you drag them to the sell box in your inventory but they do count towards the career.  I have maxed it several times doing it this way.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »
Doesn't stuff that you feed to the omni plant count? Feed it expensive items and you could max it in no time.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »
Thanks for all the help everyone! It was much appreciated!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »
I was wondering, if I have produce grown and harvested by one sim, and then give it to another gardener sim to sell, will it go towards the second sim's career earnings?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
I was wondering, if I have produce grown and harvested by one sim, and then give it to another gardener sim to sell, will it go towards the second sim's career earnings?
I'm not sure, but others say they've maxed garening like that. Pam did in in her Decadyasty.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

tartousiano

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »
if you have showtime expansion : make your spouse be a singer acrobat or magician for a 3 or 4 days only(cuz you ll need him to paint your portrait .sculpting etc). and when he \she can perform on the stage. make your gardener or any child attend the show . so you can throw fruits vegetables meat cheese etc on him \ her. you ll find them in his\her inventory and most of them are ~~perfect~~ .try it again if you got a normal one. it will help you to complete your gardening LTW and your career  in a  few days .

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »
if you have showtime expansion make your spouse be a singer acrobat etc for a 3 or 4 days only and when he \she can perform on the stage make your gardener or any child attend the show . and you can throw fruits vegetables meet cheese etc on him \ her. you ll find them in his\her inventory and most of them are ~~perfect~~ .try it again if you got normal . it will help you to complete your gardening LTW and career  in a  few days

Welcome to our Forum, tartousiano.

I'd like to ask you to use correct grammar and punctuation.  Your posts aren't making as much sense without them.  Thank you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline rklesc

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »

I do this all the time. I usually hold off my single Sim from finding a mate until I have reached level 10 in three to four different skills, one of which is generally gardening. Once I have a fully developed garden, the "significant other" then harvests and receives credit in their career. Unfortunately, they still have to plant at least one of each plant in order to get the challenge though. But if they simply plant, then it is recorded. The plant can then be uprooted and replaced with another. You do not need to bring the plant to full maturity. I discovered this just a few days ago. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 01:03:54 AM »

In addition to rklesc's answer, I'd like to add that if you have two gardeners at the same time, they will both get credit for the sales no matter which one planted, tended, harvested, or sold it.  It just automatically goes towards both Sims' sales, at least when it's sold at the Consignment Shop.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline rklesc

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 03:27:15 AM »
In addition to rklesc's answer, I'd like to add that if you have two gardeners at the same time, they will both get credit for the sales no matter which one planted, tended, harvested, or sold it.  It just automatically goes towards both Sims' sales, at least when it's sold at the Consignment Shop.

Yeppers... I failed to mention that. It was a nice bit of serendipity when I discovered that one.

tartousiano

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:38 AM »
thanks pam for your kindness. and am sorry for my bad english 8).

Offline rklesc

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 06:26:25 AM »
thanks pam for your kindness. and am sorry for my bad english 8).

I am certain that your English is far superior to my fable attempt at your native language. Your use of English is just fine... no worries.

anything