Poll

Vote for your favourite house - you may vote for up to 3 houses.

Memory Lane by Dellena
9 (12.9%)
The Louten House by ladybug53
5 (7.1%)
Winter Special comp House by Neashaleigh
7 (10%)
X-mas X-travaganza by Saltpastillen
6 (8.6%)
Maywood Lodge by Decima
5 (7.1%)
Louten Family Home by Micler
12 (17.1%)
Louten Lodge by hazelnut
8 (11.4%)
Evergreen House by Alex
10 (14.3%)
Festive Louten House by Kochou1331
8 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: January 04, 2013, 11:46:30 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest  (Read 22739 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:24:55 AM »

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already.

What is a Special Contest?:
A Special Contest is a new idea for the Building Contests, previously there has been no prize but boasting privileges. Now there will be a prize, the winners will gain SimPoint prizes. This contest is sponsored by Twinmum who has designed this contest task, additional rules and will be offering the generous prize! The task will not be revealed until the night before the Contest is due to begin. This is being posted early to allow any questions to be asked should there be any.

How will the winner be decided?:
A panel of judges will download each entry and designate points for the criteria of landscaping, interior design and how the build fits overall with the task. Entries will also be subject to a checklist for certain points like can every toilet be used and are there routing problems etc. So be thorough with your entry! Voting will still play a part in deciding the winner as points will be gained from the public vote and add to the totals from the judges.

The Prize:
Twinmum is very generously offering a substantial prize for the winner and also a smaller prize for the runners up. First prize will result in the gifting of items from your wishlist to the value of 1,500 SimPoints. Second place will results in the gifting of items to the value of 500 SimPoints. In the event of a tie for first place each winner will receive items to the value of 1,000 SimPoints and there will be no second place prize. (Twinmum will allow you to choose the items, or if you wish to share the prize with another member.). Points will not be shared with anyone other than Twinmum and the Judges. Lilygirl and myself will not know in case we wish to enter the contest.

What is the task?:
The task will appear in the second post on the 30th of November. It will be in the same format as previous Contests, the task is developed by Twinmum and the specifications are her choice. I assure you that the task will be suitably festive for the time of year!

Where to ask questions?:
Depending on the question you may wish to ask in this thread where we will do our best to answer. If you feel you would rather keep it private as you don't want anyone else using your idea then do PM Twinmum, Lilygirl and Myself. It is best we all receive the PM so that a response can be made quickly.

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Saturday, 1 December, 2012   
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Friday, 28 December, 2012

Last Update:
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:04:40 AM »

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already.

Your Task:
Meet the Loutens. Andy, his wife Claire, their kids Jake and Zoe and Claire’s dad Albert. They have just bought a block of land in Sunset Valley and are about to build their new family home. Part of the attraction of Sunset Valley, was the fact that the neighbours all love to decorate their houses (inside and out)for the holidays, be it Christmas, Halloween, even something like Valentine’s Day. With Christmas fast approaching, Andy and Claire see this as the perfect opportunity to be accepted into the neighbourhood.
Your task is to build the Louten’s new house and decorate it in time for Christmas. You will also need to address the traits and possible needs of each family member. Keep in mind also that all their decorations will need to be stored after Christmas, so a storage area of some sort would probably come in handy for all the decorations they might acquire through the year.

• Andy Louten: Adult male – Family orientated, Handy, Green thumb, Athletic, Friendly. LTW- Perfect Garden. Favourites: Colour – Aqua, Food – Peanut Butter and Jelly, Music - Pop
  • Claire Louten: Adult female – Family orientated, Neat, Good, Natural cook, Friendly. LTW- Surrounded by Family. Favourites: Colour – Pink, Food – Stu Surprise, Music - Pop
  • Albert Wheaton: Elder male – Loner, Technophobe, Dislikes children, Grumpy, Frugal. LTW- Swimming in Cash. Favourites: Colour – Red, Food – Fish and Chips, Music - Classical
  • Jake Louten: Male teen – Couch potato, Bookworm, Genius, Computer whiz. Favourites: Colour – Aqua, Food – Hamburger, Music - Indie
  • Zoe Louten: Female child – Loves the outdoors, Athletic, Friendly. Favourites: Colour – Hot Pink, Food – Pancakes, Music - Kids

Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Residential
  • Number of Bed Spaces: Minimum of 5
  • Budget: $90,000 (when placed on 17 Maywood Lane)
  • Lot Size: 30x40.
  • Other Specifications:
    • Christmas/Festive Theme
    • You may only use base game items and free store items (Provide links to all store content used).
    • Screenshots must be taken in Summer if you have Seasons installed.
  • Optional Specifications:
    • Storage area
    • Family room
    • Fireplace for Santa
The family is available below for download if you wish, however downloading them is not essential.

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Saturday, 1 December, 2012     
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Friday, 28 December, 2012

How to post your entry:

Do not post any comments or compliments in this thread until the contest is closed. Please PM either samoht04 and Lilygirl with any questions or concerns.

Last Update:

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »
If there are any questions then do ask! The Contest will be going up tomorrow, if you need any clarifications ask away!  :)

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:04:34 AM »
As this is a different set up than the usual contests, are builders allowed to use store content?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 03:16:08 AM »
As this is a different set up than the usual contests, are builders allowed to use store content?

No, normal Contest Rules still apply unless otherwise stated. There may be a Store prize but you still can't use Store Content (Unless Free!) in the entries.  :)

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 03:42:14 AM »
The task for this is now up, but you may not begin until it has become 12:00am on 1st of December. Enjoy  :D

Just to clarify how winners will be decided.
Each entry will be given a baseline number of points. I will download each entry and run it through a checklist. You can earn bonus points for a few things relating to the task, but be aware that you can also lose points. You may lose points for things like pathing issues, things not working or not listing all the required information as listed here. Actually, a lot of the deducting points are for missing things that would be picked up when you check your house before uploading.
As well as the checklist, a panel of judges will also download and rate the houses on certain criteria that I will give them, giving each house a score. This score will be added to the existing points that each build already has.
The final part of the points system will be a public vote. This will be carried out as it is with other contests. The difference being that entries will be given points according to the number of votes - Any entries with no votes will be given 1 point, the next highest vote recipient/s will receive 2 points etc. These points will be added to the entries previous points and the entry with the most points overall will be declared the winner.

Note that the list of things you can gain or lose points for will not be published. You will need  to think what the family may or may not need by their traits and wishes and looking at their picture - Is Andy listening to Claire's belly?  ;) . Checking your entry before you upload may save you from losing points, don't forget to list all the needed information as outlined in the Swap Shop Instructions and Guidelines

Additional note-
 This is a special event contest. There may or may not be future contests with prizes, but at the moment, this is a one off contest!
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:49 AM »
For the Free Festive Sets follow this link:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
Why do you want the pictures in summer if you have Seasons, so they can all look alike?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
Nothing says Christmas like a decorated house covered in snow! So to keep things fair for people who do not have Seasons, the photos all need to be without snow.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »
Why do you want the pictures in summer if you have Seasons, so they can all look alike?

Just pretend it's Christmas in Australia! :D
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 10:32:56 AM »
Just to clarify, do we have to use only base game content?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »
Just to clarify, do we have to use only base game content?

You may only use Base Game Content and Free Store Items.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
A question about free store intems: can we use registration gifts? Even if they are for some of the expansions? I am guessing not, but I wanted to check to be sure, and I think others could benefit from knowing as well.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
The free items must be available in the store now for anyone to download. Registration items are only available to those who have registered that particular item, so sorry, no registration gifts.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 05:00:55 PM »
The free items must be available in the store now for anyone to download. Registration items are only available to those who have registered that particular item, so sorry, no registration gifts.

I thought so, I just wanted it confirmed so I wouldn't mess up without meaning to. Thanks for the quick reply.

anything