Author Topic: Help Us Fight Spam  (Read 50044 times)

Leto85

Re: Help Us Fight Spam
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »
Just saw my first spam today, after almost two years on this forum! It was written in Japanese or some other language. Glad to see the mods spring into action! Bummer, I didn't see Sportsfan's hilarious responses.

Yep, I was to late as the topic was already gone.
New title for Sportsfan: Funny Spam Hunter. But how could you see those responses in the reports? These only goes to the moderator gang.

Sportsfan

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
Just saw my first spam today, after almost two years on this forum! It was written in Japanese or some other language. Glad to see the mods spring into action! Bummer, I didn't see Sportsfan's hilarious responses.

My "hilarious" responses are usually in PMs when I'm linking the spam to a mod. I think one time I almost convinced Schip to buy some of the Ugg boots that one of the spammers was selling. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2012, 12:29:17 AM »
I would like to thank all the forum members and mods for the work they do against spammers. I can honestly say I've never seen any sort of spam here in all the time I've stalked this forum and been a member. Great job guys!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2012, 01:48:20 AM »
I would like to thank all the forum members and mods for the work they do against spammers. I can honestly say I've never seen any sort of spam here in all the time I've stalked this forum and been a member. Great job guys!

Thank you, Dextra.  It's our pleasure to keep this Forum a nice place to be.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline quinti.sims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2013, 05:31:20 PM »
Hi everyone!

I want to announce some changes in the way new members are registered.

• Everyone registering for the forum will now be directed to the Forum Rules and will be required to accept them in order to complete registration.
  • Email addresses are now hidden on profiles except for Moderators to view.  This is to protect the privacy of our members and help prevent spamming of email addresses.
  • Web addresses are no longer allowed on profiles.  We've been having a wave of new registrations that are simply spam with commercial websites shown on the profile.  Again, this is to protect the forum and our members from spam.

Our forum is growing at the pace of a galloping llama!  We currently have moderators on staff who watch over the boards, but if anyone ever sees a questionable, inappropriate, or spam post, please report it right away.  There's a link to "Report to Moderator" on the bottom right of every post.  Don't hesitate to use it if you see something that needs the attention of one of the staff. 

As I write this, we are only 3,000 short of hitting half a million pageviews for the month of June and I'm positive we will hit the mark with no problem.  You folks just blow me away and I can't thank everyone enough for bringing our modest little forum to such a stunning place on the Internet.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!   :-*

Hello pam
Will be on the look out for spam .
You are so nice person thank you
Have a nice day

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:28 AM »
I have this weird problem, around this morning:
I tried to open the Completed dynasty stories in this forum and it says : 'An error found' 'Sherry is banned(something around that line)' 'there is a spam in your profile' and 'this banning have no time limit.

I tried to go to another stories board in this forum, or any pages else in this forum, and it results the same. The error page is still there.

Is that part of a spam?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:18 AM »
I have this weird problem, around this morning:
I tried to open the Completed dynasty stories in this forum and it says : 'An error found' 'Sherry is banned(something around that line)' 'there is a spam in your profile' and 'this banning have no time limit.

I tried to go to another stories board in this forum, or any pages else in this forum, and it results the same. The error page is still there.

Is that part of a spam?

This is odd.  If you were banned, you wouldn't have been able to post.  Try signing out of the Forum and then sign back in.  Also try pressing F5 to refresh everything. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »
This is odd.  If you were banned, you wouldn't have been able to post.  Try signing out of the Forum and then sign back in.  Also try pressing F5 to refresh everything.

I was. banned.

Until I cleared out all the internet caches and cookies and ... every logs I think.
and nooooo the refresh is a NO HELP on this problem.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »
I was. banned.

Until I cleared out all the internet caches and cookies and ... every logs I think.
and nooooo the refresh is a NO HELP on this problem.

Is it still happening?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2013, 06:01:12 AM »
Is it still happening?

nope. Luckily not. As pointed by your post before, I can't post if I can't log in.
But just as precaution for my future use or anyone that might encounter this problem, I just want to know is this kind of a spam? and what might trigger it?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2013, 06:37:40 AM »
It's not spam. It'd be spam if someone was advertising something non-Sims related. For instance, if I were to post a thread saying "hey buy this cheap product imported from Canada", that'd be spam.

As for triggers, Carl would be a better person to ask, but I assume the forum glitched.

Offline SSDSSDSSDSSD

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 4 blog
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
Is it spam if you are a new member trying to get posts so you could actually edit your profile?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
Is it spam if you are a new member trying to get posts so you could actually edit your profile?

Not if you are making additions to a discussion in a rational way :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Thank you for reporting about spam
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:38 PM »
I just wanted to say a big Thank you to all that have been reporting the odd posts aka Spam posts. We very much appreciate those who take the time to help take care of the spam in the forum. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything