Author Topic: Golden touch & Midas Touch  (Read 8238 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Golden touch & Midas Touch
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:38:08 AM »
What are the Golden Touch and the Midas Touch? Are they the same thing or are there distinct differences? I've only recently bought Supernatural and I haven't found anything obvious to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Golden touch & Midas Touch
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:04:55 AM »
Midas Touch is an elixir you can either make or buy from the elixir consignment store if it's available - it gives your sim an interaction with certain objects (there's a thread floating around here about which ones) for 6 sim hours where all objects touched will be worth roughly twice what they normally are.  I believe you can also temporarily turn sims into gold but I haven't done that yet seeing as I'm a softy. ::) No one can die from using the elixir. For maximum profit, I suggest getting as many Ambiguity Itself statues (the one with the hole in it towards the end of the decor-->statues section) as you can afford as well as transform in 6 sim hours (it's a rather short interaction).

I believe the Golden Touch is from the Philosopher's Stone which I haven't played with yet - I do know that's the one where if it backfires while you're trying to turn something to gold, your sim could die. I personally wouldn't try it without a deathflower or a sim with the unlucky trait, unless it were a casual game and the sim has lived a very, very, very long life. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Golden touch & Midas Touch
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:36:40 AM »
Thanks Smartburn. I'll try it out in game in a minute.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

anything