Author Topic: Liquid Job Booster - does it work?  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
Liquid Job Booster - does it work?
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »
The Liquid Job Booster elixir is supposed to increase the rate at which your Sim's job performance increases - some websites claim the increase is 25%.

When I've tried it (and used the "work hard" work tone with a Sim that does not have the workaholic trait), the job performance meter seemed to increase at a much slower rate than when the same Sim does not use the elixir.

I'd like to know what others' experiences with this elixir have been.  Has it worked for you?

Thank you.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Liquid Job Booster - does it work?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:26 AM »
It almost doomed two dynasties of mine because I believed it would work. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:11:15 AM »
I haven't been able to get it to work for a rabbit hole career since I got Seasons.

Chuckles says it works for professions though.   Maybe it's the combination of work hard plus the elixir or maybe it's just rabbit holes having issues. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
I had to change jobs and a lifetime wish for a decadynasty heir because I thought the job elixirs would work.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
It has worked for me, but only for professions. Never rabbit holes.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
There may be a problem since the job booster is a multiplier, the work hard tone and the multitasker may have an additive bonus. I might do some testing later to see what affects it.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »
Where can you get this elixir from? I'm still new to Supernatural so please bear with me.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
You can buy all elixirs from the elixir consignment store. You just have to buy out all the stock if they don't have one, and then they will have new stock. Keep doing that until you get what you want.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 05:26:11 PM »
Like most elixirs that came with supernatural, you can also learn the recipe as part of the alchemy skill.  In fact it's one of the recipes that is done via book. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
Examining the UpdatePerformance method in the code, it appears that if the Sim has the Jobtastic buff from this elixir, the value returned is equal to MaxPerfFlowMaxLevel which seems to be 8, but I can't figure out what that 8 actually means.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
Well after some testing, my workaholic sim who drinks a liquid job booster takes a hit to their job performance no matter what work tone they use, and whether or not they have the multitasker LTR. It works well for professions though. I'll test again shortly without workaholic trait. It also reduces job performance increase for working at home.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »
I know for a fact that it works for self employment too. Or at least it appeared to. I sold  Life fruit worth 100 a Pop, and it resulted in somewhere in the neighborhood of 125- 150 Simoleons. It saved my Dee Dynasty (Before I lost it) Perenelle drank it and succeeded in pulling astronomical growth.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
Thank you all so much for the thoughtful responses.  My initial attempt to use it rather reminds me of trying to work out at the gym, where the skill bonus is halved instead of doubled.  That was with a rabbit hole, and since then, I've tried it with a self-employed career, and it does seem to be helping.

A little update/additional info in case anyone is interested.

This potion was da bomb for a sim working the Ghost Hunter profession.  He was already at level 4 logic when he first started the career, which was on a Friday during normal work hours, so there were no jobs generated that day.  He took this elixir and went to the library to read logic books, and made rapid advances in the career, maxing it over the weekend without ever having done a single Ghost Hunting job.

anything