Author Topic: Who will be the Founder of my Immortal Dynasty?--The Winner is Announced!!  (Read 28363 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Author's note:  This dynasty is beginning with a loose usage of the College Daze Project posted by MarianT.  The winner of this competition will then be the founder of the immortal dynasty (though without the skills and relationships developed in the competition).  My adjustments to the College Daze rules include only needing to reach honor roll status to age up rather than being on the honor roll for 3 days.  The full budget for the project was simply the starting household budget with no cheats to boost funds.  I am also only allowing the competitors to do skill developing activities between 6AM and 6PM so that they can be developed as social beings throughout the remaining time and I can be more familiar with them before starting into a dynasty.
Pippin:  Greetings and welcome to another exciting episode of College Daze!  I'm Pippin, and I'll be your host for all of this season's ups and downs.
This year's winner will have the honor of being the founder of an immortal dynasty.  That's right, a few weeks of effort in exchange for immortality.  Not too shabby, am I right?
Let's meet the competitors.  This is our household.  Representing the ladies, we have (from left to right)

Camilia Jones bringing in the vegetarian, dramatic, hydrophobic, and ambitious traits.
Camilia:  I'm glad I can work out without needing to use a pool!  I can't wait to hit the gym equipment!
Pippin:  Well, you'll have to.  I haven't finished the introductions yet.
In the green, we have Ellody Cayzine who brings the less than helpful great kisser trait along with disciplined, snob, and born saleswoman.
Ellody:  You're right the great kisser trait won't come in handy.  None of these people are good enough for me.
Pippin:  Did I mention she's a snob?
In the purple, Patrizia Noire, who has the technophobe, photographer's eye, loser, and nurturing traits.
Patrizia:  Are you calling me a loser?
Pippin:  Umm, well, yes.  Moving on.
Finally, we have Janicia Strough sporting her Asian-themed attire along with the neat, party animal, perceptive, and diva traits.  Quite the interesting blend there.
Janicia:  I'm like my favorite food:  the fruit parfait, I have layers.
Pippin:  As do ogres.
And here are our gentlemen

First off, we have Bernard Hogan.  He is a technophobe, frugal, has star quality, and is a loner.  If he wins, the first thing we'll do is lose that hat.
Bernard:  But, I wear a Stetson now.  Stetsons are cool.
Pippin:  Only if you're a Time Lord.
Rovin Skule who has a green thumb, loves the outdoors, is good, and dislikes children.  You do realize you'll have to have children to start a dynasty, right?
Rovin:  Wait...what?  Can't I just grow a plantsim in my garden?
Pippin:  (Sigh) And our final contestant is Jamal Jawarholal.  Another hydrophobic contestant who also has the neurotic, snob, and evil traits.
Jamal:  (Evil laugh and wringing hands in sadistic glee)
Pippin:  Ummm, okay.
Our house parent, by which I mean support sim, is Jamison Parker.

Ellody:  Oh, he's cute!
Pippin:  And he's out of your age range.  Settle down, young lady.

The contestants got off to a quick start developing skills (and Camilia developing her falling down technique on the treadmill).

Both hands on and book first approaches were used with Jamal, Rovin, and Ellody hitting the library during that first day.
The following day, it was off to school.

After all, it's a bit harder to make honor roll from home.  Especially since Jamison works in education, but with a logic skill of 2, he won't be tutoring anyone anytime soon.
Jamison:  I heard that!
Pippin:  Camilia had extra skill development time by having a wish to skip school, though it may hurt her chances to make honor roll any time soon.
Allowing time to elapse
Pippin:  Almost a week into the challenge, we have some early leaders.

Despite the glorious stick figure, Patrizia is only at level 3 of painting:  her only skill.
Meanwhile, Camilia has gained 4 levels of athletic and 2 of cooking, though she has only a C average (see kids?  Don't skip school!)
Janicia is posting a B average to go with a level 4 in sculpting while Bernard and his Stetson have equaled her B average and a level 4 in guitar.  He is currently learning piano as well.
However, it is Jamal who seems to be the early favorite as he has a B average, level 4 in handiness, and a level 2 in logic.
Jamal:  What can I say?  I'm just an evil genius.
Janicia:  And our personal plumber.
Jamal:  Hey!
Patrizia:  Ellody!  Stop making eyes at Mr.  Parker!

Stay tuned, dear readers, more to come soon!

Offline Niana

• Occult
Cute! Some of these Sims will make for very interesting founders... and love the Shrek reference up there!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Crystal

You've referenced Lord of the Rings, Shrek and Dr Who, you've won me over!  ;D

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Agreed, Crystal, agreed. (I didn't pick up the LOTR ref. but I didn't read those.)
"Lets be friends!"
"Best Friends."
I love the insane ones, and the evil ones, and the genius ones. So, you know who I'm rooting for now.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
I noticed the Lord of the Rings and Shrek references but the Doctor Who reference made me clap my hands and squeal. In the university library. So, points for that, I guess. I'm not rooting for anyone yet, we'll see what else they do. I have to say though, I am actually impressed by that stick figure. I've never seen one smiling before.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
I so agree, when I saw the reference I nearly squealed as well!
The stick figure is quite impressive.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
I was wondering if my references would be lost on people.  I feel so understood!!  Thanks, gang.  I have a gang now.  That's new  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Pippin:  Rejoining our household, it becomes clear that Ellody is still rather intrigued by Mr. Parker.

Ellody:  Oh, Mr. Parker, you must be the smartest man I've ever met!  Thanks for teaching me how those child-proof lids work!
Pippin:  It seems Mr. Parker is feeling some chemistry with this young lady.  (And cue the Police song "Don't Stand So Close to Me")

Meanwhile, someone else decided to give Mr. Parker a different type of attention.

Janicia, what are you up to?
Janicia:  I'm practicing art is all.

Mr. Parker:  JANICIA!!!!!

Janica:  But...but an artist needs to work on proper color blending techniques!
Pippin:  Janicia's prank on Mr. Parker is probably why she got blamed later when Jamal pulled this prank on Camilia.

Camilia:  JANICIA!!!!
Pippin:  Speaking of Jamal, he has found a different way to spend his non-skill building time.

His new lady friend is Benni Hennessey.  Hopefully, she won't distract him from the competition.

Too late.  He's already choosing to have pillow fights rather than joining the study group with Janicia and Patrizia.
Patrizia:  Wait, what year was the Battle of Demons Run?
Janicia:  That would be when a good man goes to war.
Pippin:  Ellody has continued to develop her writing skill and has just finished her second science fiction novel.

Ellody:  Well, Mr. Parker needs a wife who can support him given how poorly teachers are paid.
Pippin:  Again, he's out of your age range, young lady.
Rovin, our green thumb contestant who loves the outdoors, surprised no one by being the first to run outside to see the pretty lights in the night sky.

Of course, a pretty view may not be a fair trade off for alien abduction.
Rovin:  Wait, what's happening?!?!?

Pippin:  Don't worry, Rovin.  They may probe you, but we already have a full house, so you won't get pregnant.
Rovin:  PREGNANT?!?!?  But I dislike children!!!!

Bernard:  Mmmmmm, I love this ice cream almost as much as I love Elvis!
Pippin:  Keep up like that and you'll become fat Vegas Elvis.
Bernard:  (Glares and goes to get his ridiculous Stetson)

Pippin:  Are you recovered from your probing now, Rovin?
Rovin:  It's okay.  I have my attack bunny slippers on now, so I'll be safe.

Ellody:  Thanks again for helping me with my homework, Mr. Parker.  You're so smart and handsome.
Pippin:  Okay, I'll admit, your strategy is fairly sound.  More fitting for Jamal's evil trait, but manipulation is a legitimate strategy.
Ellody:  I have more feminine wiles than Marilyn Manson.
Pippin:  I think you mean Marilyn Monroe?
Ellody:  Whichever.
Advancing time
Pippin:  However, despite Mr. Parker's assistance, Ellody was not among the first to age up.  Rather, it was the following trio:
Patrizia

Janicia

and Jamal (despite skipping school when he was having a mood swing)

So here are our first three young adult contestants

Yikes!  Let's get them to a dresser and fix those outfits...
Patrizia:  Hey!  I look stylish!
Jancia:  No, the disembodied voice is right.
Jamal:  (Laughs sadistically and wrings hands)
Next time, we'll have their extreme makeovers.  Stay tuned!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I want that homework!

I'm sure Ellody does have more feminine wiles than Marilyn Manson. In fact, I am almost positive.

I love Jamal's well-developed character and brilliant dialogue ;)

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
In the immortal words of Dr. Sheldon cooper, "Sarcasm?"

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
Oh! A gang! We have a gang!
I really like Jamal, I think he is going to win. But no matter the winner, I'll be reading the Dynasty!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Mini-spoiler before I do my next update:
-One more teen has aged up.
-Tomorrow (in Simtime) is a holiday and there is strong chance we'll lose one or two contestants to aging up before they make the honor roll
-And, of course, since there was an aging up, there will be at least FOUR make-overs posted!
-Who knows, Jamal may actually get a decent amount of dialogue!

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
Ooooh! A spoiler!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Pippin:  As promised, here are the makeovers for our newly aged-up young adult trio.
First off, the eclectic artist look being sported by Patrizia.

Fellow artist Janicia decided she wanted to keep her Asian-themed attire, but went with a pattern rather than the solid dark red.

And finally, the resident evil known as Jamal simply altered the color and texture of his age-up attire.

Are you enjoying scanning the night sky and enjoying the celestial beauty?
Jamal:  (Snickers) the neighbors are about to woohoo (laughs maniacally).
Pippin: (Sighs) The day after this group become young adults, another household member made the honor roll.  It was Ellody's turn to become a young adult.

Mr. Parker seems a bit too enthusiastic about this one...

and after adjusting her wardrobe, she was rather confident he had good reason to be enthusiastic.
Ellody:  You can stop warning me to stay away from the older man now, Pippin.
Pippin:  Well, I suppose you're right.  At least the boosts to your charisma skill will help with that communications major you've declared as does finishing your third novel as the communications major must max writing, charisma, and photography.

Speaking of majors, it probably comes as no surprise that Janicia and Patrizia are both majoring in the Arts (needing to max painting, sculpting, and photography), though Patrizia, who has mainly focused on her painting skill, is considering taking up Fine Arts (painting, writing, and one instrument) as she keeps drifting towards the piano in her free time.

Jamal, on the other hand, opted to major in physical sciences which means that he has a good head start with his advanced skills in logic and handiness.  However, he's behind on his collecting as 30 different gems and rocks are required to complete this.

How many are you up to now?
Jamal:  This is four and five...so only...(counts on fingers, seems to ponder removing a shoe)...twelve more?
Pippin:  Apparently the logic skill doesn't apply to math.
Jamal:  (Walks away muttering about eggs and throwing and something about llamas)

Fitness fanatic Camilia was certainly becoming buff and trim and had even become the resident fitness trainer, but her mood swings had caused her to skip school twice, and now it was her birthday.  She still hadn't made the honor roll.

Despite some last minute tutoring from Mr. Parker,

she aged up without meeting the honor roll requirement.
Sadly, we say goodbye to one of our contestants.

She certainly had her ups and downs staying in the house

She was the girl who always stood alone and did things on her own terms

As she leaves the house, we know that we're losing a refreshingly unique perspective and personality

You will be missed, Camilia Jones.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
And the first one is gone!

Oops, I mean, awww, Camilia.

Why did she skip school? Just having a mood swing doesn't mean they don't go to school. Did you just fulfil her wishes to do it?

By samoht04