Author Topic: The Ultimate Dynasty!  (Read 34488 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Ultimate Dynasty!
« on: March 26, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »

The Ultimate Dynasty

Start with one Sim and complete several challenges in order to bring in the next generation. To make it into the Hall of Fame, players will have to do this over and over for 16 generations as they all live in the same house.   Is it impossible or just ... THE ULTIMATE DYNASTY!

Game Setup & Restrictions:

- Players must remain patched up to the latest patch of Sims 3, Origin, Steam and RIFT at all times.
- Starting town for all dynasty founders is Sims 1 Pleasant Valley.  All gameplay must occur in Sims 3.
- Create 1 Elder Sim with the traits Hates the Outdoors, Grumpy, Absent-Minded, Lawful Good, Hero Complex.  LTW must be Surrounded by Family.
- Game Options: Lifespan – Mayfly; Aging – On; Story Progression – On; Freewill – Never Does What Their Told; Lunar Cycle – Full Moon; Populations Controls – All; Memories – Placed in Scrapbook; Season Length – Player's Choice; Season – Winter; Weather – Torrential Downpours
- The Edit Town screen is off limits except for the following two reasons:
   ♦ Players must remove the Grocery Store, Bookstore, Library and Gym.
   ♦ No Lots or Sims may be added.  If the game auto populates items from an expansion, remove them.
- Choose an empty lot to live on.  Once you've chosen your lot, the family may never move.
- All Households must start with only one hundred simoleans. 
- Opening the cheat panel is forbidden beyond setting your household starting income.
- All life states and life stages are banned.
- All premium content, elixirs, potions, occults, beds, fruits, fish, jobs, birthday cakes and lifetime rewards are banned.
- No Sim can join the household until at least one requirement has been finished and the next generation cannot be born until all requirements are finished.

Git'R'Done (The Requirements):

Each generation needs to complete the following requirements as elders.  None of the requirements can be started before their Elder birthday.   Like all other dynasties before it, this one will also have the standard boring things that have to be done.

Unique People - Elders must meet fifteen new people they've never seen before and become their best friends forever without the use of social networking apps, potions, elixirs or the charisma skill.   These fifteen people are not allowed to ever become a part of another generations relationship panel ever.  Each person should have a picture taken and placed within the scrapbook.   

Unique Grindstones - Elders must reach level 3 in a part time job as well as level 10 in both a self-employed career as well as a rabbit-hole career.  The skill used for the self-employment career cannot be a skill learned prior to the elder birthday.   All three jobs must remain unique to that elder for the remainder of the challenge.  Final letters of promotion should be placed within the scrapbook. 

Unique Lifetime Wish - Each Elder must complete two unique lifetime wishes that are not directly related to any careers.  The overly popular Swimming in Cash is banned for this challenge.  If you choose to do Gold Digger, the spouse needs to be someone never met prior to becoming an old windbag.  No special kisses, no love spells, no genies are allowed to help in this endeavor.  Just pucker up, you wrinkled bum and go for gold.

Unique Happiness Rewards -  Elders must buy one unique reward for every 10,000 LTHP they gain throughout their lifetimes.  You don't have to buy it the moment you gain 10,000 but say you complete your two lifetime wishes for a total of 70,000 LTHP - you need to buy 7 rewards. 

Unique SuperMaxes - Each Elder is required to learn, max and supermax four different skills.   These skills may not be skills that the elder received points in prior to their elder birthday.   Using toddler and child interactions that will give skill points later in life counts as getting skill points prior to elder birthday.   Skill certificates should be opened, the frame destroyed and placed within the scrapbook.

Unique Hogwash for the Part of the House no one ever visits - In addition to a portrait of every life stage for all 16 generations including founder, each Elder needs to collect one example of each of the following collections for a room that no one will ever visit:  Beetle, Butterfly, Seed, Gem, Rock, Plant, Fish, Painting, Sculpture, Sketch, Invention, Stolen Item, Festival Junk, DNA sample of a Dead Vampire, Pickaxe, Books only written in the dark with a stylus and wax, Belly button lint from the Thunder King and a toe nail clipping from Crucia.   Place each of these items in individual baggies to wait until your ultimate failure or success.

A real BlackOp - Each generation must sneak into the Alto household wearing nothing but black clothes and facepaint on the fourth night of a week ending in 7.  The task to be completed must be to steal a lock of teenage Holly Alto's hair.  The hair is to be bagged and placed in the scrapbook, mark it with a B.

Hall of Fame Qualifications:

In order to qualify for Hall of Fame, players must do a series of things to show the team that you really want to be in the Ultimate Hall of Fame.  The Ultimate Hall of Fame is not for the lily-livered and spineless.  It's for those that have to cheat their way into making it happen.  We all know the first step to cheating is to suck up.   For those willing to try here's how to get it done:

Appeasing the Man - Successfully infiltrate Metro's home in the middle of the night and do his entire family's dirty laundry while they sleep. No burglar alarm system to concern yourself with, the key will be negotiating the basement steps strewn with My Little Ponies without breaking your leg and waking everyone up. If someone wakes up due to your clumsiness...it's a fail. Bonus points if you jump out from the basement door into the kitchen when you're done and surprise Claire (7 yrs old) with "Who's ready for breakfast?!" Of course loss of body control may be an issue and then it's back to doing laundry for you.

There is an option for those that actually want to try the challenge.  When they fail, there is always the option to show your work and beg for an early completion from Rica.  This is how it works.

Scrapbooking for Shorty - All items that have been previously bagged but not placed into a scrapbook must do so immediately.  All scrapbook pages are required to have calligraphy, sparkles, ribbon and hand scalloped edges.  Memories, mementos and requirements must be separated and marked according to the rules of the challenge.  Only one or two items per scrapbook page at the most.  Once your crafty masterpiece is finished with the minute details you actually managed to finish, you can send the whole thing in a box to Rica via post.  The scrapbook will then be scored, handled, critiqued and possibly damaged to determin a random score that may or may not be good enough for the HOF.

Of course no challenge would be complete without yet another thing to get in your way of completion.  Although I can't imagine it's the easiest choice really. 

Wall of Blame - We've tried Hall of Fames before. And we have one thing to say about them. Meh. It's time you accept the fact that you will fail this challenge. But, let the personal responsibility end there. Blame someone. Blame your boss, your spouse, the total lack of planning and creativity on part of the challenge team…just put the blame on someone else and we'll make a nice memorial honoring all those at fault.

But wait there's more!   We can't let you get away with just pointing a finger in someone's direction.   There's something you'll have to do first before you get the fail way out. 

I can do better! -  Let's face it...this challenge is the ultimate fail. So the requirement to make it into the Wall of Blame is to actually improve upon the ruleset—rewrite the whole thing and demand Metro's salary or just go kinder/simpler and change one sentence…anything that results in improvement. The catch being that you need to submit this to the challenge team before we post the rules we're writing right now for the first time.

Scoring:

Scoring will be a combination of real scoring factors such as calculus, trigonometry, astrology & new math as well as undetermined bonuses and penalties yet to be decided by staff based on your performance as a Sims player.  Wait, are we still playing Sims at this point?   Who knows!

Have fun everyone
!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: Coming Soon...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
I don't understand but am wildly intrigued!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Posted by Rica, but with an image from the Man Dynasty.

Do I dare wonder if Artie and Recipe will go head to head in a race challenge to see who is truly The Man?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
Posted by Rica, but with an image from the Man Dynasty.

Do I dare wonder if Artie and Recipe will go head to head in a race challenge to see who is truly The Man?

To throw your thinking for a loop, look to see where this is posted.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »
Ahhh, brain asplosion!

;D

I can't wait for it.

Anna33

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
What could this be? :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »
*Tiptoes quietly behind Recipe...and...*

AHHHHHHHHH....BOOGA....BOOGA!!!!

Recipe: OMG...wha...huh?!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 08:53:54 PM »
AH! It's a challenge to see who can be Recipe! And...Recipe wins. Thank you everyone, have a safe trip home ;)

By samoht04

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »
Well I'm officially intrigued. Can't wait to see what your all up to. 

Offline rahmbr

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
Looks like it could be a thieving challenge maybe... definitely intriguing.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 01:31:59 AM »
Definitely got my interest piqued. I'm still a little miffed about how Crazy ended the Dynasty, so maybe he will get a chance to make it up to me!  ;D
*Tiptoes quietly behind Recipe...and...*

AHHHHHHHHH....BOOGA....BOOGA!!!!

Recipe: OMG...wha...huh?!
Oh my goodness Metro, don't you know better than to scare a poor old man like that??

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 03:40:20 AM »
oh exciting! i've been hanging out waiting to see what the next challenge will be... why must you tease me like this?

Louise56

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 07:04:42 AM »
I can't wait to see what this is all about! ;D

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 07:09:45 AM »
I figure it's going to be the next challenge. Coming soon... I wonder if it will involve movies?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 08:52:22 AM »
Sits in sulky corner cause she hasn't got a clue what is going on.  ???

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.