Author Topic: *Please send to graveyard* The Almeria Random Town Jump  (Read 22189 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Ariel finds her destiny
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
Once Marta, Goopy and Montoya moved out the house was much quieter. The family left actually had time to talk to each other family member and shared meals were a possibility again.

Life was back on track and they were all very busy.

Everyone except Ariel that is. Sure, she could always check the mail to make time pass - but after the second and third time that day, it kind of started feeling redundant.

She needed something to occupy her mind and time. She and Carlos had been talking about starting a family, but he wanted to wait till they were more settled and had more money to sort out their living situation. She agreed, but this waiting around was getting boring.

Now you might think she was being lazy, living of Carlos and not contributing anything to the household. But take a minute and think about her situation. She was both shy and socially awkward. Getting a job would be hard, and getting a job where she didn't need to work with others was even more difficult. Sure, she could have started working on her painting skill but her talents lay in more intellectual areas. Could you be a free lance algebra master? She wasn't sure, and so she spent her days checking the mail hoping for something that would give her a push in the right direction.

One afternoon while fighting the tedium with zapping on the TV she came across the history channel. Mummies! Tombs! Treasure! This was exciting stuff. Something inside of her clicked and she realized she needed to experience these things, she was going to explore the world looking for lost treasures and liberate them from their dark prisons by giving them new homes with very discerning and wealthy people (that it was illegal wasn't really such a big deal - she was evil after all and drawn to the dark side).

Now all she needed were funds for the tickets...

Oblivious to the epiphany his wife had just had, Carlos was working on his athletic skills with his co-workers. You could almost believe he had the loves the outdoors trait the way he always ran outside once he got to work.

Meanwhile, Ariel had checked the web through her smartphone and learned that picking flowers in the public parks and selling them could generate a lot of revenue (completely tax-free of course). So she went to the festival grounds to make some cash. And smell the flowers.

While trying to smuggle her illegally obtained plant life out of the park without catching the eyes of the eagle eyed workers at the concession stands she spotted Marta (who was still very much pregnant) about to enter an eating contest. I hope she won. Montoya was also there, but Goopy was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he was at Barney's Saloon.

That night Carlos had finally decided what to wish for. And no, to Ariel's disappointment it was neither a large family or money. He simply wished for happiness.

Carlos: Wait! Weren't you a guy before?
Genie: What part of I'm magical don't you understand? I can be whoever and whatever I want to be.
Carlos: Um, how nice. I'd like to be happy please.
Genie: Fine! I'm tired so I'm gonna take a nap now *mutters to self* and change back to being a man - why it bothers people so much I can be both boggles my mind.

With all the excitement around the genie with the presumed sex change and Carlos running around telling everyone how happy, how super duper happy he was now that the wish was granted Ariel didn't get a word in edgewise. Then it was time to go to bed, and before she knew it Ariel and Adora were alone in the house sharing breakfast.

Ariel: I'm planning on an adventurous expedition and could really use your help.
Adora: With what?
Ariel: Well, Carlos told me you traveled a lot when you were younger so you know some tricks that makes it possible to get an extended visa without doing the work...
Adroa: And?
Ariel: And I'd love for you to go with me, while I'm learning the ropes so to speak.
Adora: I do have work...
Ariel: That you don't really like anyway.
Adora: Well, I guess I could take some time off, when are we leaving?
Ariel: In 5 minutes - the taxi is waiting.
Adora: Five minutes! Well, I've not packed anything for exploring so I'll just grab my guitar and we're off.

They went to Champs les Sims and Ariel explored to her hearts content.

She found hidden doors...

...got a blister from her pick axe...

...learnt the dangers of the tombs...

...had a run in with flesh eating bugs...

...found treasure...

...nearly died from exhaustion...

...nearly died again, this time from electricity.

While Ariel was hard at work, risking life and limbs to smuggle ancient artifacts back to Bridgeport, what was Adora doing?

Well, other than playing her guitar and taking one or two trips to the nectary she spent most of her stay in the seedy alley behind the general store watching local magicians try card tricks. She claimed it was almost like home, one of her co-workers was always trying similar things at the office.

As all good things their trip came to an end. And they were welcomed with hugs and kisses back in Bridgeport. Ariel had made good money on the illegal antiquities trade and the future was bright. Almost as bright as the new coat of paint on the house...wait a minute...

The money didn't only pay for new paint. It payed for new everything. Lets check out the new Almeria house!

Done in white and yellow, Carlos' and Ariel's favorite colors the basic structure of the house is the same, it's just placed differently on the lot so that a large pool area could be added. The pool area has a bathroom and outdoor shower as well as a bar and a fire pit. The house also has a covered porch and outdoor seating area.

There is a wild grown flower patch witch brings back memories of Monte Vista.

A view over Bridgeport's skyline from the pool that would make any celebrity proud (both Adora and Carlos are lvl 1 celebrities).

Here's the inside of the house. Adora and Diana share a room. Ariel put a crib in her and Carlos' room. Will he get the hint?

Here ends tonights update in the Almeria saga. Join us next time when they meet someone with a last name that starts with a 'J'.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 18
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
I absolutely love the new house! The exterior is just breathtakingly beautiful.

Yes Carlos...get the hint. We want nooboos. <evil grin>

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
The new house looks amazing! Just shows how great a builder you are!

Can't wait to see the Almerias meeting the Joneses and I hope Carlos gets the hint.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2013, 02:33:18 AM »
Thanks for the compliments on the house. I built it to be easy to add to later (if Carlos takes the hint that is). One of the great things with their old house in Monte Vista was how easy it was to rebuild time and time again. I wish more regular world EA houses were like that.

And Carlos better take the hint. I'm interested to see how the nooboos will look. Carlos and Ariel are very pretty sims.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
Love that house!

Let's hope that Carlos takes the hint.  :)

Hehhehe. Ariel had quite a fun time exploring those tombs.  ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2013, 07:03:01 AM »
Due to a building contest taking up almost all my simming time I've fallen behind on this story. I hope to get it updated in the next few days.

While you wait why don't check out their house, Brightening up Bridgeport which I put in the SwapShop.

SimBlip

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »
I hope you win! You've turned Dean Road into a little paradise.
Lovely updates, Salty! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
I hope you win! You've turned Dean Road into a little paradise.
Lovely updates, Salty! :)

Thank you!

Dean Road is actually where all my sims in Bridgeport end up living eventually. Sure, an apartment is fun, but I always want to build them their own house, and Dean Road is cheap real estate in a great location (do I sound like a Realtor or what?)

I'm glad you are enjoying the story. If you want to see what I was busy building check out the Ers'Ors Manor in the SwapShop. I put it there so you all could see what I was up too.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
This is fun! Take your time with your building contest, but do keep going with this story!

Love your sense of humor ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 04:53:04 PM »
This is fun! Take your time with your building contest, but do keep going with this story!

Love your sense of humor ;D

Thanks Dolls, that means a lot coming from you, the queen of dark comedy.  ;D

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »
You have no idea ;D

I've just started with your finished dynasty (Aurora). Nice!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »
You have no idea ;D

I've just started with your finished dynasty (Aurora). Nice!

Thanks! You have a loooot of catching up to do!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Seduction
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
Back to work with a bang, or rather, a fire. Once more the lobby of a high rise has fires mysteriously appearing in the middle of the floor. It is almost as if there was a witch casting fire spells that backfired...Now, who do we know that lives in Bridgeport...Rav...ops...uhm, I didn't say a thing...

Ariel realized something on her trip abroad - no matter where you go, there is no avoiding people. So she works on her social skills by helping Diana study for finals. Two birds with one stone and all that.

That afternoon she sets her plan in motion. Step 1: magical incense from the country of luuuurve.

Setp 2: a real sausage fest.

This is just to show how great the view of the city skyline is from their porch.

They had a lovely family dinner.

Ariel: I had a great time on my adventure, but now I feel ready to settle down and spend time here with you darling (take the hint, take the hint)
Carlos: That's nice, but I'm kind of swamped at work at the moment so I can't take any time off.
Diana: *covers up laugh with cough*
Ariel: *death glare*

After dinner Ariel launches full on seduction mode.

Ariel: Oh Daddy, let me make you my baby!

*awkward silence*

Carlos: Honey, sometimes you seriously creep me out!

Ariel:I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I meant baby let me make you a dad...I'm sorry we'll just sleep tonight...
Carlos: So that's what the whole thing was about - well come here darling and let's make a nooboo!

And they tried, and tried, and tried, and.....

Next day was Diana's birthday. She became a supernatural skeptic, because she didn't think vampires sucking your blood was very hygienic.

She shares a huge resemblance with her mother.

And wanted a hot pink jumpsuit for those nights she plans to spend out on the town.

She graduated most likely to be a rock star, we'll see about that.

And had a wish to wish for beauty from the genie, so she did. Not that I think she needed it, but now she could feel that her life was complete.

That night Ariel had the same feeling.

Adora and Diana had a mother/daughter outing to the summer festival. They did some skating, something they hadn't done since Diana was a little girl back in Monte Vista.

Diana: Mom isn't that...
Adora: Shus, thats Johnny Jones, the up and coming Yes-Man everyone says will be a mayor some day. Don't look, he's skating this way!

Diana/Adora; Argh! *crash*

Two clumsy sims skating together, it was bound to happen.

Looks like Johnny isn't so steady on his feet himself...

Look who else decides to show up! Marta and Goopy now has triplets in addition to Montoya. They are three girls named Kara, Kristine and Heather. That's Kara being carried by Goopy and Montoya being carried by Marta.

Goopy and Johnny seems to be good friends. Maybe he'll introduce Mr Jones to the rest of the family?

Carlos is as obsessed with working out as always, using the time between calls to trim that body.

And he needs to be in top shape because he has to run up all the stairs in the business building when there was a gas leak. Thankfully no one was hurt, and he made a couple new acquaintances at the same time. Everyone loves a firefighter!

This chapter has come to an end, but we will be back shortly with more from the Almeria family. You get to meet Mrs. Jones in the next chapter. See you soon (I hope).

A better picture of the Bridgeport skyline from the pool this time.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »
I'm assuming the words decided not to cooperate?

~Anna

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2013, 05:47:45 PM »
I'm assuming the words decided not to cooperate?

~Anna

So true! But now it's fixed and they are flowing free again...

anything