Author Topic: A Genetic Speed-Running Immortal Dynasty - For Science! (No Story - Completed)  (Read 28384 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: A Genetic Speed-Running Immortal Dynasty - For Robotics! (No Story)
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »
This is just a fascinating  look at how some of the game genetics work, five generations and the facial structure has really 'normalized' out.  (though Magna it seems still ahs a nicely stubborn chin)  I look forward to seeing the rest of the immortals, and if any of the old genes express themselves out in any way (aside from those spectacular gazongas!)
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »

What a fun update! You know, if you make masterful floor hygienators, they won't give you the nauseous moodlet. Even better! Haha! But really, that is an insane amount of hygienators on the floor! The rather large stomach with a six pack is certainly odd. Well, that's sims for you. Who knows, maybe the unique facial features will make a surprise reappearance?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 02:36:20 AM »
Too bad the face got boring. At least the bodies are still interesting. That is a lot of hygienators! Wow.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »
She is looking so normal for me. I'm kinda surprised and a little disappointed to see how this thing. I hope that the odd genetic still be there in the next generation. Congratulation for Magna though! That was surely fast! Wow, you're so cool Vinyl! Are you playing at fast speed or something?

Well, good luck. There are still 3 generations left!
Thanks!  I am playing on speed three as much as possible.  The generations are so close together it's going a bit faster than usual.  When one generation finally becomes immortal her daughter is well into the young adult stage and her granddaughter is already a child! 

This is just a fascinating  look at how some of the game genetics work, five generations and the facial structure has really 'normalized' out.  (though Magna it seems still ahs a nicely stubborn chin)  I look forward to seeing the rest of the immortals, and if any of the old genes express themselves out in any way (aside from those spectacular gazongas!)
I was hoping to see more recessive genes already (particularly the eyes and hair, which I've heard can come from grandparents).  Tera's wildly green eyes or rainbow hair would've been such a great surprise!

What a fun update! You know, if you make masterful floor hygienators, they won't give you the nauseous moodlet. Even better! Haha! But really, that is an insane amount of hygienators on the floor! The rather large stomach with a six pack is certainly odd. Well, that's sims for you. Who knows, maybe the unique facial features will make a surprise reappearance?
Well, I could make more hygienators now that Magna's finally finished the skill challenge that unlocks them... ;)  Have you never set both the muscle definition and weight sliders to the max before?  It produces the most ripped six pack beer belly imaginable.  It's so strange yet charming.  Sometimes it's fun to give it to men, especially those in athletic-ish careers (like the criminal track).   

Too bad the face got boring. At least the bodies are still interesting. That is a lot of hygienators! Wow.
The hygienators keep them happy and me entertained.  When they walk on them it produces a vapour trail, and with alternating scents it's like a mini rainbow of colours!  Anything to make the waiting parts more interesting; usually there's an unfortunate eleven day gap between one generation having completed the requirements and the next generation getting out of the teen stage to finally start them.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
For Molecular Gastronomy!

While the family greatly enjoys the changes to Boxgienator Manor, unfortunately the same can't be said about the staff.

The maids have it bad, but the butlers probably suffer the worst!

Not only do they have to deal with minty fresh nausea, but their duties include tending to the regular buttfires flaring up on the lawn.

This was not in the job description

Still, the hygienators are pretty, even if the staff don't take kindly to them.

It's a bit more vivid in game.  Viva la rainbow sparkles!

Oh, and I suppose we should meet Mysta Fying properly.  She's the cross-eyed nauseous toddler.

I'm starting to run low on hair that shows the ears and doesn't involve loading the hats section into memory.  She didn't keep this style.

She's also a celebrated five star chef with supermax cooking.  Due to her skill challenges counters and a stove were placed and kept on the lot for the first time.  Fortunately the immortals didn't try to starve each other to death, but they did pull out many trays of food despite the thousands of veggi rolls already in the fridge.  Last I checked they are still eating those leftover veggi rolls!  Too bad none of them rolled them as their favourite meal.

Muscle definition is still holding strong and the ample Fying charms remain unchanged

Mysta managed to mystify me with her inability to trade cooking tips.  She's friends with natural cooks but they can only talk about cooking and enthuse about cuisine no matter how sociable they're feeling.  She even got the Trade Cooking Tips opportunity, which worked when she did it officially, but she instantly forgot how to trade tips the moment it was completed.  (Un)luckily for the dynasty most of the immortals have foreign food as their favourite meal.  For most of her active management I had her watching the cooking channel in hopes of her learning something helpful, but nobody craves her frog legs, cheese plate, or crepes.

95% of Mysta's home time - and I used to complain about how boring writers were to watch!

When the other immortals are watched, they're usually being pretty dull themselves.  No matter what objects I toss on the lawn their three favourite activities are rocking in a rocking chair, standing around talking to each other, and thinking negatively about poor Morta whenever she glows (mainly just Tera and Magna).  I've taken to having Morta quit her job then re-join in an effort to minimize the damage to her relationships and also get her out of the house more!

This happens so very frequently.  At least they like each other's company (except for poor magical Morta).

The only gal in the family who never fails to entertain is the original.  Tera's taken up a new bug, and it is fantastic!  She runs everywhere.  But it's not the usual boring running bug - oh, no, our girl's gone above and beyond to make it her own.  Behold!

This is how she goes to check the mail.  Or shift the laundry.  Or take a nap.   ;D

She's in permanent panic run and I have no idea why.  It's held steady through a few loads, so my hopes are high it never goes away.  If only I could get the rest of the immortals to trade up their usual walk for the arm-waving mouth-gaping excitement Tera displays!

Heir Six Requirements

Portrait T/C/T/YA/A/E:  Y/Y/Y/Y/Y/Y
Lifetime Wish:  Culinary Librarian
Level 10 Career:  Culinary
Supermax skill:  Cooking
Fully Owned Building:  Little Corsican Bistro
Fully Upgraded Property:  Wright Reading Room
Three Unique LTRs:  Born to Cook, Moodlet Manager, Super Nanny
Six Best Friends:  Caleb Morrow, Miles Bartholomew, Benjamin Baez, Christopher Olson, Aron Shoemaker, Demarcus Blount
Six Black Ops:  Overtime Hours
A Life Giving Recipe
Catering Time!
One, Two, Tri-Tip Steaks
Learn A Recipe
Perfection From The Pan

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
This is such fun. I love your chapter titles. Tera's run looks like the streak animation from University. One of my Sims did it with clothes on, too. (I'd rather not imagine how any of the Fyings would look if they streaked unclothed.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 07:38:06 AM »
The only gal in the family who never fails to entertain is the original.  Tera's taken up a new bug, and it is fantastic!  She runs everywhere.  But it's not the usual boring running bug - oh, no, our girl's gone above and beyond to make it her own.  Behold!

Vinyl, you crack me up every time!  Thanks so much for sharing this!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
The title itself always interesting as the content :3

Vinyl is really good at this things :D
I notice that the face is looking normal somewhat, but the body... yes, that body...
Two more!! Way to go, Vinyl!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
This is such fun. I love your chapter titles. Tera's run looks like the streak animation from University. One of my Sims did it with clothes on, too. (I'd rather not imagine how any of the Fyings would look if they streaked unclothed.)
You know, she might have the streak run.  I had one of the immortal streak for shenanigan's sake, and it might've been her.  It's possible she never stopped running like that afterwards.

Vinyl, you crack me up every time!  Thanks so much for sharing this!
Aw, thanks!  Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

The title itself always interesting as the content :3

Vinyl is really good at this things :D
I notice that the face is looking normal somewhat, but the body... yes, that body...
Two more!! Way to go, Vinyl!
Thanks!  The bodies are something else.  I can't wait to dig into the sliders after it's all finished and track the relative position of them!

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
For Kinesiology!
AKA Better, Stronger, Faster

What would a genetic experiment be without a little active improvement?  Generation seven was the last chance for a some physical manipulation.  Meet Clara Fying, the bionic immortal!

Even the face/body skin mismatch issue is gone.  Clara's totally normal.

Body sliders appear to be holding steady

It was a toss up between having the athlete last or second last.  This way there was a remote chance the eighth heir could've gotten a boost to the muscle size slider (Clara spent her entire pregnancy on the weight machine).  She had an incredibly uneventful path to immortality.  First it was many hours with the weight machine, then many hours on the treadmill.  The athletic career took care of itself with minimal intervention on my part.  It's a fantastic career for ops and dynasty type challenges - almost every day is a work day all the way through the career path.  No five day weekends in this job!

Why so surprised?  This should be old hat by now!

The usual happenings continued at Boxgienator Manor.  Recognize the buttfire paparazzi?  She is indeed the same one the maid put out in Mysta's time.  In fact she hung around the house so often she eventually died of old age on the front lawn!

Even Grim knows not to leave the house without his pretty parasol!

Not wanting to deal with snow and dormant plants, the seasons options are set to endless 28-day summer.  That's why limbo paparazzi keep catching fire on the lawn.  Other than one suntan the immortals have pretty much been ignoring the lovely weather and its effects.  They don't go outside much even though they all have Loves The Heat as a trait. 

Tera's version of teaching a toddler to walk

Seven generations in the game file was holding up really well.  Loading and saving times weren't really any longer than usual, and the game play was smooth and lag free.  Boxgienator Manor and it's randomly dressed inhabitants might not be stylish, but the low-memory approach to immortal management was certainly paying off!

Heir Seven Requirements

Lifetime Wish:  Superstar Athlete
Level 10 Career:  Athletic
Supermax skill:  Athletic
Fully Owned Building:  Llama Memorial Stadium
Fully Upgraded Property:  Riverview Gymnasium
Three Unique LTRs:  Festival Frequenter, All Weather Champion, The Hustler
Six Best Friends:  Conor Hoyt, Nichol Alderman, Kimberely Newcomb, Shameka Burris, Ti-Ning House, Elvin Nicholson
Six Black Ops:  Adonis In The Making
Flex And Bend
Push It!
Register The Roster
Jog Everywhere
Bounce The Crowd

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
Re: A Genetic Speed-Running Immortal Dynasty - For Kinesiology! (No Story)
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
For Genetic Pathology!

There's a reason I mentioned how smooth the game was with generation seven.  Things started to change with generation eight.  The paparazzi weren't coming around anymore, which was odd but not worrying.  Then the slowdown started at night.  Finally things started getting choppy and laggy after 1 a.m. until 3 a.m.  It was heading towards Shang Simla bad.

And then the game helpfully pointed me towards the problem.  An opportunity required speaking with a proprietor at the karaoke place.  This is what I found.

Between the ones upstairs and outside there were 40(!!!) proprietors on the lot!

No wonder things were getting slow!  I still don't know why the game felt the need to keep spawning more proprietors for Mick's venue.  After a couple more nights of lagging the game finally cycled the excess proprietors out of town and the limbo paparazzi started hanging out on the lawn once more. 

All of this meant Glora Fying, the final immortal, could do her tasks in lag-free peace.

Glora is almost Tera's exact opposite, isn't she?  Definitely not what I expected for generation eight!

Glora broke the mold a little by taking childhood ops and starting her supermax skills before adulthood.  Her teen years were spent hunched over a keyboard, chronicling the adventures and misadventures of the dynasty in literary form.  She specialized in children's books and finished off her royalty skill challenge with a masterpiece on genetic inheritance.  She's the first writer I played where coming up with book titles never got boring.

The plan to bulk up her muscles clearly didn't come to fruition.  Definition and charms remain unchanged.

For a career she turned to medicine.  Logic was a free skill and she quickly mastered it.  I've never had a doctor get so many emergencies.  I swear between one work day and the next she had to visit the hospital twice for emergencies!  At least her job kept her busy and out of trouble.

Morta glows, Magna boos, and Tera 'walks' on the way to Glora's graduation

It was strange being able to have Glora join the medical career as soon as she became a young adult.  She was the first one to not be pregnant at her highschool graduation.  Quickly enough she rose through the medical ranks and achieved her lifetime wish of being a world renowned surgeon.  Then it was simply a matter of the waiting game, interrupted with the occasional ambrosia feast for the immortals.  Her entire adult life was a blur of speed three and cancelled date requests.

I think I celebrated even more than the immortals did when Glora had her elder birthday!  The game is responsible for Morta's green hair - she changed jobs to reset her mystic aura and suddenly had it.  I was too scared the game would break if I tried to change the bugged colour, so she kept it for the rest of the dynasty.

On week 41, day 3 Glora enjoyed the sweet taste of immortality.  The Fying dynasty helped confirm some theories I've had about the games genetic system, and I'll share their numbers along with pictures of the spouses in a follow up post.  For now, a final look at Boxgienator Manor and our first trip to the underground museum.

In the garden is Petra's isolation cell, built when I was contemplating ways to prevent her maxing charisma.  She never did hit level ten.  She had a full level nine bar at the end, only needing a couple more friends to instantly max the skill.  The empty hut in the lawn was Mysta's kitchen.  The counters and stove were removed after she completed her skill challenges.  In the back corner are the body sculptor and Tera's science experiment - they were safely fenced off and never touched.  There's also four little bedrooms built in the back, which were rarely used.  The household usually fought over the rocking chairs instead.

Near the end I dropped a juice keg on the lawn in yet another attempt to improve Morta's popularity.  The jock plague spread as quickly as the nerd one did.  It still wasn't enough to keep Morta's relationships up with Tera and Magna (at this point I believe genius and eccentric sims simply dislike mystics - even if they're also supernatural fans!).  For most of Glora's time I had to listen to constant repetitions of 'Grbits, Grbits, Go Grbits!!'  I strongly advise any immortal dynasty players with university installed to keep the nerd and jock social influences out of the household at all costs.  They're more trouble than they're worth.  :P

The museum paintings.  Final value - 152,965

Laurel Grisby was the initial dynasty painter, followed eventually by Horra.  I had been hoping for a low score for museum value, but realized partway through Horra's painting skill challenges her paintings wouldn't be worth the minimum because of the challenge rewards.  If insanity ever claimed me and I were to do it over again, I'd make painting a free skill and have immortals and spouses take turns reaching level seven to paint cheap portraits. 

Diplomas, service awards, prom photos, and graduation ribbons

Despite trying to minimize memory usage I couldn't help keeping a few momentos throughout the dynasty.  The highschool diplomas of all of the spouses, immortals, and helpers found space on the walls of the museum.  The new service anniversary awards also hung around, with the watches and golden llamas placed amongst the rocks and bugs in Tera's science room.  It's a sweet bit of nostalgia to look at.  Even speed running without a story the immortals managed to have interesting personalities, get into trouble, have adventures, and be entertaining.  I'll always have a soft spot for the Fyings.   :)

Heir Eight Requirements

Lifetime Wish:  World Renowned Surgeon
Level 10 Career:  Medical
Supermax skill:  Writing
Fully Owned Building:  Plumbob Pictures Backlot
Fully Upgraded Property:  Waylon's Haunt
Three Unique LTRs:  Acclaimed Author, Complimentary Entertainment, Discount Diner
Six Best Friends:  Tera Fying, Morta Fying, Mysta Fying, Petra Fying, Clara Fying, Magna Fying
Six Black Ops:  Ballet Recital
The Gossip Column
A Fishy Science Project
After School Reward Ceremony
A Little Give And Take
Equipment Needs

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Wow! That was high-speed.  Congratulations on eight... unique immortals (and did Morta ever find where she'd left her teeth?)

Offline Niana

• Occult
Congrats, Vinyl!! That was a really interesting look into the genetics, and a seriously speedy (both real-time and Simtime) dynasty!!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Bravo, Vinyl!  Well done, and extremely entertaining!  I'll always have a soft spot for Terra.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
For Scientific Methodology!  Part 1

The dynasty spouses never figured much into the updates, but their genetic components can't be discounted.  Tracing their lineage back after the dynasty was over I found they were all family free (except for Walter Grisby, townie).  That means they don't bring any ancestral genes with them, unless the game has some kind of default grandparent placeholder info hidden in the programming.

Here's each generation's mugshots and body slider numbers.  I didn't track eye colour (some of those lighter colours can be hard to tell apart) but the hair colour is easy to follow.

Generation One - Tera Fying and Walter Grisby

SliderTeraWalter
Weight10050
Muscle10025
Definition1000
Chest100--

Generation Two - Horra and Gilbert Fying

SliderHorraGilbert
Weight5035
Muscle2580
Definition1000
Chest100--

Generation Three - Morta and Willie Fying

SliderMortaWillie
Weight5085
Muscle2550
Definition1000
Chest100--

Generation Four - Petra and Demond Fying

SliderPetraDemond
Weight8060
Muscle4085
Definition950
Chest100--

Petra's black hair appears to be the standard mutation black I've experienced with other families.  As you can see, nobody above her had this colour.

She also was the first to have slightly less than full muscle definition.