Author Topic: Ers'Ors Manor, 5 BR + nursery  (Read 8297 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Ers'Ors Manor, 5 BR + nursery
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:21:59 AM »
First of I want to thank everyone who helped me out with advice while I struggled to finish this one off. I have now taken and uploaded all the pictures and welcome you to a guided tour of the house. I will post 2x10 pics since I think 10 is not enough to show it off properly (I will also link to the gallery. The download file will be attached to the first post.

Lot: 64x64
Built for: 29S Falls Ave in Moonlight Falls but can go anywhere (will probably not look as good though since it's landscaping is made for Moonlight Falls).
Costs Furnished: §448,818 when placed on 29S Falls Ave Moonlight Falls
Cost Unfurnished: §195,058

EP's: Supernatural, Pets, Late Night, World Adventures, Seasons, Generations, Showtime, University Life, Ambitions
SP's: 70's, 80's & 90's, High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Town Life, Master Suite, Outdoor Living

Only free store content (a painting or two)

Warning: This house had lots and lots of stuff in it, not to mention the garden i packed with bushes, plants, trees and rocks. I would not recommend playing this without the "enable object hiding" checked. And if you know your computer is not so powerful be careful.

Also, this lot contains spawners (2 spring flowers, 1 butterfly, 1 koi fish, 1 turtle) if you have to rotate the lot during placement they could multiply. Remember to delete excess spawners or you'll be bugged down.

The house has been thoroughly checked and all objects seem to be working and minimal pathing issues have been found.

View from the street.

Tree house, fire pit and fairy castle garden.

BBQ area with outdoor seating and view of vegetable garden.

Pool with bar, loungers and hot tub area.

Layout of the ground floor.

Layout of the second floor.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Ers'Ors Manor, 5 BR + nursery
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »
Downstairs family room with play area and office.

Orangery and library.

Master bedroom.

Kids room.

Thank you for viewing this abbreviated tour. The full tour can be seen in the Gallery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
Fantastic work! It's brilliant. I love the colours :)

And I didn't know about the Enable Objects Hiding thingy! That's awesome! Thanks!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
Awesome work ! I'm so happy that I got to tour the inside of your house . Love all the rooms , my favorite is the teen room , it looks fantastic . Thanks for showing us this marvelous work of yours .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
Fantastic work! It's brilliant. I love the colours :)

And I didn't know about the Enable Objects Hiding thingy! That's awesome! Thanks!

Thanks!

The colors was one of the ways I kept the rooms separated in my mind when decorating. When you have a house as big as this it's impossible to keep it all straight, so I had to come up with some little tricks. Also, I think most EA houses has too little or too dark coloring. I wanted to add a lot of color without it hurting your eyes to much.

Enable objects hiding is one of the things that made my ID playable towards the end. It just helps the game run more smoothly when you have a lot that is stacked with stuff. The downside is that objects on non-active floors (such as the outdoor shutters) won't be visible. So, when I was taking the outdoor shots I had to enable it - leading to my game crashing 2 times...I guess my computer isn't strong enough to handle the house either.

I did have a family of five (toddler, child, teen, and 2 adults) living there as I was testing it though, so it is possible to use it with more than one sim at a time.

Awesome work ! I'm so happy that I got to tour the inside of your house . Love all the rooms , my favorite is the teen room , it looks fantastic . Thanks for showing us this marvelous work of yours .  :)

Thank you!

The upstairs floor plan was originally going to have 5 bedrooms and the original teen room was where the kid beds now are. But I never could get the hallway and bathrooms in any order when I was trying to place the walls so I finally gave up that idea and just created two big rooms. The colors and the rose over the bed are part of the earlier design and something that I think I'll use in the future. It's amazingly versatile once you realize you can recolor it to fit with the wallpaper.

I'm just so proud of it that I wanted to show it off.

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
I love this house!! The room for dress up with the throne and crowns is such a cute touch!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »
I love this house!! The room for dress up with the throne and crowns is such a cute touch!

Thank you!

Ever since I came up with that I've been using it in many of my builds. The only thing that's not so great with it is that that particular chair is an armchair and won't let the kids do the preside over royal court interaction. If they could, that would be everything my sim kids ever did.  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »
Words cannot describe how AWESOME this house looks.  :o Installing this as soon as I can. (Pets and Seasons aren't working on my computer, and with a spectacular build like this, I'd want the full experience)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »
Words cannot describe how AWESOME this house looks.  :o Installing this as soon as I can. (Pets and Seasons aren't working on my computer, and with a spectacular build like this, I'd want the full experience)

You do need the "full" experience. Especially since a lot of furnitue is from those two EP's, not to mention it being placed in Moonlight Falls.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »
Thanks!

The colors was one of the ways I kept the rooms separated in my mind when decorating. When you have a house as big as this it's impossible to keep it all straight, so I had to come up with some little tricks. Also, I think most EA houses has too little or too dark coloring. I wanted to add a lot of color without it hurting your eyes to much.

Enable objects hiding is one of the things that made my ID playable towards the end. It just helps the game run more smoothly when you have a lot that is stacked with stuff. The downside is that objects on non-active floors (such as the outdoor shutters) won't be visible. So, when I was taking the outdoor shots I had to enable it - leading to my game crashing 2 times...I guess my computer isn't strong enough to handle the house either.

I did have a family of five (toddler, child, teen, and 2 adults) living there as I was testing it though, so it is possible to use it with more than one sim at a time.

Thank you!

The upstairs floor plan was originally going to have 5 bedrooms and the original teen room was where the kid beds now are. But I never could get the hallway and bathrooms in any order when I was trying to place the walls so I finally gave up that idea and just created two big rooms. The colors and the rose over the bed are part of the earlier design and something that I think I'll use in the future. It's amazingly versatile once you realize you can recolor it to fit with the wallpaper.

I'm just so proud of it that I wanted to show it off.

I've done a few very large mansion style houses, so I know exactly what you mean about it being hard to keep track! AND.... I ALWAYS have problems with lag when building/playing large houses. So that cheat is going to be VERY useful :D
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
I've done a few very large mansion style houses, so I know exactly what you mean about it being hard to keep track! AND.... I ALWAYS have problems with lag when building/playing large houses. So that cheat is going to be VERY useful :D

I find it very useful. But the game still lags in build mode, especially when you are using the style tool. It's not a magic fix it (just didn't want you to get your hopes up too much).

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
This is amazing. Absolutely breathtaking. I can't imagine how much time and effort went into a project like this. If I had the EPs needed I would absolutely be downloading this.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 02:11:59 AM »
@saltpastillen:

We have a limit of 10 images for Swap Shop entries.  Between your two first posts, you have 20 images.  Would you please make the changes to bring it down to 10?  The rest will have to be viewed using your link to the Gallery.

It really is a stunning house.  I love the decor and use of color in the interior.  A masterpiece!

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 04:41:40 AM »
This is amazing. Absolutely breathtaking. I can't imagine how much time and effort went into a project like this. If I had the EPs needed I would absolutely be downloading this.

Thank you Raia!

I have been working on this house for a long, long time. Almost 7 months since I started as soon as I got Supernatural. I haven't worked on it all the time, but just getting the layout of the interior in a good order took almost forever, since I built this one more from the inside out than the outside in. I tried multiple ways to do the ground floor before I found something I wanted. Then I decided I wanted it on a foundation, so I had to redo it all again. I also changed lot sizes twice (it was on a 40x40 lit to start with).
The whole project was almost too big to see through because I tired of it from time to time, hence the long wait. But now I'm super happy I actually finished it - and I love the way it all came together!

@saltpastillen:

We have a limit of 10 images for Swap Shop entries.  Between your two first posts, you have 20 images.  Would you please make the changes to bring it down to 10?  The rest will have to be viewed using your link to the Gallery.

It really is a stunning house.  I love the decor and use of color in the interior.  A masterpiece!

I've culled it down to 10 pictures over the two posts. I don't know why I didn't just go with 10 to begin with, I guess my exuberance for finally finishing the house made me lose my head. Thanks for setting me straight Pam.

And thank you for your kind compliments. The interior design is something I'm very proud of.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 01:46:55 PM »
This is such an amazing house! It's perfect for the family I am currently playing and they are thouroghly enjoying their new home! I wish I could build something as spectacular as that!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

anything