Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 93155 times)

Alsier

The Sims Medieval
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »
Saw this over on [link removed - Pam] I'm not fully decided on this yet.  At first I was really excited (I like the medieval items and clothing available for sims 3), but I don't know how it will work as a stand alone game.  I did enjoy sims castaway on the wii though, and had wished it was on the PC instead of the wii, so if it's anything like that I may end up getting it whenever it does come out.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: The Sims: Medieval
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »
Your link did not work for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
Me neither.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
I did enjoy sims castaway on the wii though, and had wished it was on the PC instead of the wii, so if it's anything like that I may end up getting it whenever it does come out.

There was a sims castaway for PC.  I didn't like it much.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Alsier

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
Your link did not work for me.

Weird, it works for me when I click it above.   If it's still not working, you could try just going to the sims resource and looking at their news box, the article is currently on the top for the 29th.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »
The link worked for me, but I am not sure about that yet.  I did purchase Sim Life Stories, but it had some bugs and I could not continue.  Medieval sounds pretty good.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »
I can't really picture a medieval setting without combat...so don't think it would be all that great as a Sims game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:55:31 PM »
Sorry, we don't allow links to that site.  It's a known third party custom content site, which is against the Forum Rules.  I don't know exactly what the content is supposed to be for this thread, but that site makes it questionable to me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Archer0

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
New official site up for Sims Medieval - http://www.thesimsmedieval.com/

Official EA announcement today: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=495805

bshag

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
Yeah, sorry Alsier but just read the lowdown on JudHudson's simprograms.  Seems as though a guy over at TSR plagurized the article and screenshots from a PC mag in the UK...basically lied through his teeth.  Personally I think the guy should be prosecuted...that's real illegal. >:(

On topic, ;D I was looking at the LEGAL EA news release and the screenshots look really good.  It just might be worth looking into. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »
Yeah, sorry Alsier but just read the lowdown on JudHudson's simprograms.  Seems as though a guy over at TSR plagurized the article and screenshots from a PC mag in the UK...basically lied through his teeth.  Personally I think the guy should be prosecuted...that's real illegal. >:(

On topic, ;D I was looking at the LEGAL EA news release and the screenshots look really good.  It just might be worth looking into. :)

And you can find this where?  Is this medieval thing for real?  I mean, (crosses fingers and prays hard), are they really planning on doing a medieval Sims?  My kid and I are jumping up and down and squealing at the thought.  Just IMAGINE the fan fiction you can create with that!  We've been punting with the few puny things currently available but none of it has really met our needs.  We are real renfaire folk here.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
Weird that they have a box cover for 'Medieval' for January, but no cover for 'Late Night' which is October. That's what Grant said in the Twitter interview, didn't he?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

bshag

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »
Here's the link, if I can do this right. :P  The article is about halfway down the page...
http://www.simprograms.com/

Seems as though it's a stand alone game, NOT an ep.  I can't see having a thriving, modern metropolis with dancing, clubs, vampires, etc. then tack on a medieval ep. :D  Just wouldn't fit somehow.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »
Here's the link, if I can do this right. :P  The article is about halfway down the page...
http://www.simprograms.com/

Seems as though it's a stand alone game, NOT an ep.  I can't see having a thriving, modern metropolis with dancing, clubs, vampires, etc. then tack on a medieval ep. :D  Just wouldn't fit somehow.

Hellooo!  Rennies would totally disagree with that concept!  We all live in the real world which is a more or less thriving,  modern world, yet get together to do renaissance re-enactments for fun and profit.  It's grown up dress up play and lots of fun.  I guess it's a way to encourage learning about history for some and for others it's just a chance to play and be a kid in a socially acceptable way.  Whether it's an EP or a stand alone, I want it!

Thanks so much for the link!  Almost forgot to say that.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 01:07:07 AM »
I looked at the links provided by Archer and it looks genuine.  It's a stand alone game separate from Sims 3.  Expected release is Spring 2011 according to the news release.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."