Author Topic: Resort staff problems  (Read 29884 times)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Resort staff problems
« on: July 14, 2013, 05:02:02 AM »
I have a five star resort.  240 beds.

However, although I am paying each day for 3 level 3 maintenance staff, no-one ever turns up.  My sim spends all day cleaning up rubbish piles and repairing broken plumbing.  I have about a 16 bins spread around the resort, but they don't seem to help.  Rubbish can appear right next to a bin.

I have made all plumbing self cleaning.  However, half of all repaired objects continue to leak and I have to replace them, and replace the self-cleaning.  I suppose, in time, I will get the better of this as she has the "all repaired objects will become unbreakable" super max reward.

Guests are complaining that my 3 bars are not fully staffed, but, I have all three shifts covered on all 3 bars.

I tried doing a resetsim * in the hope that my maintenance staff would turn up afterwards, they have not.

Is anyone else having similar problems?  Has anyone any ideas how to solve this?  (I did a factory reset a few days ago, and this has not helped either.)

I have no mods, and no cc except for 3 official shop items which I am not using in my resort.  I have Ambitions, WA, Pets, ST and PI.

The leaky plumbing seems to be sinks and the all-in-one bathroom.  Toilets (fingers crossed) do not seem to be affected.

I have just been granted the Island lot, but, am reluctant to start a second resort while the first seems to be bugged.

Oh, I have tried taking broken items to the sim's home for repair, but, the leaking is happening there too!
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Tummy Tuck

• Nooboo
Re: Resort staff problems
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:27:11 AM »
It's a well known bug that seems to happen when you play Hobart's Hide Away. Unfortunately once you have this problem any resort you play in that world will be bugged too. Only way I could solve it was to start a new game and not play Hobart's.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 06:20:08 AM »
And exactly, what is the purpose of placing public bathrooms in the resort? They add nothing, no cash and no quality star and also noone demands them in the reviews so why to place them?

The only bathrooms you need are the ones in the VIP rooms... anbd this if you really want to add VIP rooms to the resort.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »
Aenito,

I have actually seen more than one guest wet themselves in the lobby when I tried playing without facilities!
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:32:16 AM »
Wai, it appears there's a thread on the official forums about this issue gathering data for their support techs (hopefully so they can figure out why it happens and how to fix it).  It's here if you want to check it out or add your own info to it.

I've had front desk staff stop showing up for work before, but it was easily fixed by hiring a new employee.  I think I may have had the cleaning staff go missing on my experimental mega resort (64x64 lot with 12 eco towers and the amenities in the basement) but luckily the reviews kept saying everything was super clean.  I don't think there was anything for them to clean in the first place, other than restocking the buffets.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Thank you Vinyl

I have answered their questionnaire.

Someone in that forum suggests that deleting everything on the lot and flattening it seems to prevent this issue.  I deleted everything, but did not go so far as to flatten the lot.  I am going to give it a try using my save prior to getting Hogarth's Hideaway.
 Lao-Tse

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »
The problem with flattening Hogarth's Hideaway is that you lose the beach.

Aenito,

I have actually seen more than one guest wet themselves in the lobby when I tried playing without facilities!

Well, I don't play the role of chief executive or management staff. I am the dirty rich capitalist having fun in the family yacht that each morning read the blog reviews and call the general manager to keep business and money rolling. Some of the resorts I only know they are placed in an island someone somehow discovered  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tummy Tuck

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 10:17:11 PM »
Thank you Vinyl

I have answered their questionnaire.

Someone in that forum suggests that deleting everything on the lot and flattening it seems to prevent this issue.  I deleted everything, but did not go so far as to flatten the lot.  I am going to give it a try using my save prior to getting Hogarth's Hideaway.

Give it a try. But no, that doesn't prevent the issue. It will happen again as soon as you build a pool or hot tub.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »
Thank you Tummy Tuck.

I have sold the resort back to the town!  Job done :)  I will play without a resort for a while.  Funny, all the trash and leaky plumbing have gone now!  I bought it back, just to see if that might have fixed the problem.  It hadn't so, I sold it back again and you'll never guess, it's whistle stop clean again.  What a surprise.

I think I'll explore all the caves, just for the experience, then start a new game in SV, or I might move this sim back there, set up a resort there and forget about PI.
 Lao-Tse

Offline Tummy Tuck

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
Thank you Tummy Tuck.

I have sold the resort back to the town!  Job done :)  I will play without a resort for a while.  Funny, all the trash and leaky plumbing have gone now!  I bought it back, just to see if that might have fixed the problem.  It hadn't so, I sold it back again and you'll never guess, it's whistle stop clean again.  What a surprise.

I think I'll explore all the caves, just for the experience, then start a new game in SV, or I might move this sim back there, set up a resort there and forget about PI.

I've had plenty of luck with other resorts in IP as long as I don't touch Hobart's. It's bugged.

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
I just started having this issue as well.  Not sure if it's related to Hobart's Hideaway for me (although it's possible).  I successfully played Hobart's Hideaway as well as three other resorts with no problems for several sim weeks, then suddenly all maintenance staff disappeared.  I've tried several things since then, and the only thing that seems to help is diversifying the maintenance staff (rather than having them all be the highest quality).  I've seen one maintenance worker since I did that, which is better than nothing, but it's still a major problem.

Offline Tummy Tuck

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »
I just started having this issue as well.  Not sure if it's related to Hobart's Hideaway for me (although it's possible).  I successfully played Hobart's Hideaway as well as three other resorts with no problems for several sim weeks, then suddenly all maintenance staff disappeared.  I've tried several things since then, and the only thing that seems to help is diversifying the maintenance staff (rather than having them all be the highest quality).  I've seen one maintenance worker since I did that, which is better than nothing, but it's still a major problem.

So do you have a pool at Hobart's? That's the one common thing I've noticed when having trouble at Hobart's. The maintenance people seem to disappear after building something that creates a basement layer.

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 03:59:01 PM »
No pool, but I do have a hot tub, so maybe that's it.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
So do you have a pool at Hobart's? That's the one common thing I've noticed when having trouble at Hobart's. The maintenance people seem to disappear after building something that creates a basement layer.

I don't think that's it.  My Hobart's has a pool and a hot tub AND a basement level with further amenities in it including a bar and gym.  My staff goofs off a bit but they don't disappear.  I've set them all at highest quality and three of them and set the schedule for 24/7 so they simply don't leave.  Late at night they wander into the tower but are back out in time to refresh the buffet.  Every once in awhile there is trash and something broken, less now that it is 5 star, but it always eventually gets taken care of.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline lizanne

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
I may have found a fix to this.

My resort staff went missing (one high quality maintenance, one service desk, one bar tender, one food stand worker), that night my sim stayed in the resort tower and in the morning when he came out he got stuck behind it.

The resort tower was placed one square from the edge of the lot, so I went into build mode and moved it in 3 more squares, went out into live mode and the next thing all my staff rush out and get to work.

This was in a new game playing the Hobart's Hideaway resort, I've played this resort before in a different save and not had this problem, but this time I may have moved the resort tower closer to the edge to create more space.

Hope this helps!

anything