Author Topic: All of a sudden my sim has a son??  (Read 4822 times)

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
All of a sudden my sim has a son??
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:51:58 PM »
I was just playing 'along' and lo and behold an elementary school little boy appeared. Can EA do that? My Sim is a young adult who doesn't want children or a husband yet. What do I do?

Also, I invented a simbot and had the options to keep it or release it and I chose to release it. Now it's listed in my 'friends' as my daughter?? What's the deal with EA and kids?   LOL

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: All of a sudden my sim has a son??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »
Did you use the Time Machine? Getting kids from the Time Machine can happen.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
Simbots are always listed as a son or daughter. Did your sim woohoo or try for baby using the time machine? I've had new children appear that way out of the blue. One was an elder.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »
Well the random child showing up as your Sim's child is an older glitch that I feel a lot of us thought was fixed.
Whenever my Sim would travel there was always a minor chance that they would get an illegitimate child (almost literally illegitimate!). Even my teen sim accidentally wound up with a child.
The two things I have concerning that glitch though was:
1. I haven't seen it in maybe a year... or two.
2. I haven't actually played World Adventures hard core in maybe a year, or two. ;) If you get what I'm saying.
There's a good chance it's a similar glitch.

Edit to say: it could be the Time Machine as well. Makes more sense now.

However the Simbot thing was meant to happen that way. Seeing as your sim CREATED the Simbot it is assumed your sim would take to it as it's child. Unfortunately it's stuck that way. My boyfriend found that one out the hard way as he didn't want his Sims to have any children either. After making a Simbot he claimed he felt it was awkward and now he felt his Sim had a strange responsibility.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
Thanx everyone and yep, I used the time machine right before he showed up, so I guess you all are right, it was the time machine.
Simbot--didn't know that either , so many thanx