Author Topic: Annoying Glitch With Burglars For Pets For PS3  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
Annoying Glitch With Burglars For Pets For PS3
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
This has happened to me twice.  Both times I had fences completely around my yard and made a small walkway up to my house with a fence on either side so that the only way to get into my house is through the front door.  I was tired of dogs digging holes in my yard. :P  Anyway, I get the usual music for a burglar being on my lot and the burglar walks right through the fence, I mean right through and ends up going past the alarms and gets into my house.  The second time I had a door from my backyard to enter the house and the burglar completely walked through the boarder fence and ends up walking right into the yard and enters through the backyard door that has no alarm.  I didn't put one near there because of the fence.

Does anyone else experience this?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Annoying Glitch With Burglars For Pets For PS3.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
Burglars don't care about fences and locks. Doesn't even slow them down. I put alarms at all doors on the outside so the alarm goes off before they even get in.
Did the alarm sound? I read somewhere that they can go bad, but I've never had that happen even in 12 generation families.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
I didn't have an alarm at the back door because I had my yard surrounded by a fence and the fence usually works.   The burglar attempted to steal my shower and I called the police and the burglar was arrested before they could get away with anything else.  Sometimes I have had cases where the alarms don't work but I'm wondering if that happens when something is blocking it, like a fence or something.  I try to put my alarms in places where nothing is blocking it.  Sometimes a glitch occurs too where the burglar is standing outside my house after an attempted robbery and the alarm is going off and the police say "sorry the burglar got away" and he's still there but the police leave and the alarm is still going off because the burglar is there.  It's annoying, because the alarm is on and my sim's won't sleep until it's off.  Sometimes I call the police again and it scares off the burglar.

It's weird in my fence situation.  The burglar will be walking up to my house and go up to the fence and suddenly be pushed through the fence.  BTW, I don't usually use gates that give easy access to the house so I'm definitely not complaining that the burglar went into my house and I had a gate, giving easy access. :P

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »
That happens all the time with the police saying the burglar got  away when he's standing right there. Have one of your sims try shooing him or asking him to leave or if you have one with the brave trait fight him yourself.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »
That happens all the time with the police saying the burglar got  away when he's standing right there. Have one of your sims try shooing him or asking him to leave or if you have one with the brave trait fight him yourself.

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

anything