Author Topic: Crashing since Pets?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Witchydesign

• Nooboo
Crashing since Pets?
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:29:12 PM »
Is anyone else still having issues with crashing since pets? I had no issues before pets, and now i can barely get a sim past building the house. Saving has become a every 5 minute event (if i remember). Also i cant get get into certain tombs in anymore since pets. Yes i know, uninstall... Im considering it. Im mainly wondering if anyone else had or is still having this problem as well?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Crashing since Pets?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 01:52:21 PM »
Pets hasn't caused crashing in my game.  A few months back I was having trouble with game crashes which I think may have been related to glitchy store content.  I did a factory reset on my game which fixed the problem, so perhaps you could try that if you haven't already.  Is your game patched up to date?  Do you have any mods that might be conflicting with Pets or possibly outdated?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Angélique

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »
Is anyone else still having issues with crashing since pets? I had no issues before pets, and now i can barely get a sim past building the house. Saving has become a every 5 minute event (if i remember). Also i cant get get into certain tombs in anymore since pets. Yes i know, uninstall... Im considering it. Im mainly wondering if anyone else had or is still having this problem as well?

You could take a look at this thread. Some of the things that are suggested there may be of help to you.

I actually tried realromsters advice about disabling indexing a couple of months ago, and I haven't had any more crashes since then. I didn't have all that many crashes before that either, so I'm not sure yet if it's just a coincidence, or if that measure really has had the desired effect. Only time will tell, I guess. 

Offline Witchydesign

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 11:50:35 PM »
Its all up to date, no mods, dont think i even have any store content that didnt come from an upgrade. Ill be checking that link thank you :-)

Offline Witchydesign

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:23:53 PM »
Ok so I finally tried to get the crash log analyzer. I still don't have it because every time I go on that site I get half a dozen spywear or unwanted programs installing onto my computer. So I spent about an hour hunting them all down and getting rid of everything, I don't know what to do now since I cant get that program... I guess Ill deal with it for now..

anything