Author Topic: Turn zombies off?  (Read 32467 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Turn zombies off?
« on: September 17, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
Can you turn zombies off? I don't want supernatural a in every game. I've turned off witches, werewolves etc but is there a way to stop zombies please?

Many thanks, happy Sim'ing

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Turn zombies off?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:52:44 PM »
The only way I know of to "turn off" zombies is to turn off the lunar cycle and permanently set it to a phase that isn't the full moon. For example, mine is always set to Waxing Gibbous. This shouldn't affect the rest of your supernaturals if you decide you want to use them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
Thank you. If you change settings in options does this make the change to every game? I wanted to play supernatural separately, in its own game. If that makes sense.

Offline violaine

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:28 AM »
you can backup your sims mydocument folder for each config (there is a thread on this somewhere else)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:31:38 AM »
Thank you. If you change settings in options does this make the change to every game? I wanted to play supernatural separately, in its own game. If that makes sense.

Yes, it changes it in every game.  It's a global setting.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:19:03 PM »
Thank you, I'll just have to turn it on to play my supernatural game and off again when playing the others if it becomes an issue.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
I've never tried this, but according to Joria, there is a way to turn off zombies using testing cheats:

Using testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on the mail box.  You get an option to control supernaturals.  Then you get an option to add or remove supernaturals.  Zombies are on the list but paparazzi are not and neither are celebs.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wander

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 02:25:32 AM »
MissyHissy at "morethanjustpixels" has a mod to control zombies spawning at full Moon and also explains how to use "testingcheatsenabled true" to remove existing zombies.  Her mod is also available at modthesims.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:51 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'll try the cheat first then

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »
I've never tried this, but according to Joria, there is a way to turn off zombies using testing cheats:

Yes, the option is there. Thank goodness! This just made gardening in Supernatural far less frustrating.  I get to keep moon phases, too - which, playing a werewolf/fairy couple, I want.

I'll edit this to say whether the mailbox control prevents zombie spawns, next time my game gives me a full moon.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 03:09:17 AM »
I also have my lunar cycle set on waxing gibbous since I find the zombies quite annoying and I still get the "energized by moonlight" moodlet for my fairies in the evening, so that's nice. But maybe the cheat is even better so supernaturals could enjoy all the benefits of the full moon. But I guess you have to type it in every time you play?

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 04:57:15 PM »
It was going to be an edit, but I'll make it a reply.

For whatever reason, even after removing zombies via mailbox population controls, some did still spawn on my lot at Full Moon. So a static lunar cycle is the better solution to zombies.

"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe