Author Topic: Rules: The Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Project  (Read 7324 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Rules: The Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Project
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
Approved by Pam and Metro

The Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Project

Choose any pre-made unmarried, non-pregnant Sim. This Sim is allowed to be living with other people and you may do whatever you want with the other members of the household.

The challenge is for each generation of Sims to marry a specific spouse. Here are the spouse ‘categories’:

Old - marry one of the original townies (includes homeless townies & ghosts)
New - marry a townie who wasn’t an original townie.
Borrowed - marry someone who is already married (you must break them up)
Blue – Two options for this. Either you have this as a wildcard where anyone counts, or you could go for the harder option of marrying someone who has any of the following traits: Grumpy, Loner, Over-Emotional or Loves the Cold (Seasons)

You can go in any order for every set of 4 generations. So, within 4 generations, each of those categories needs to be used and not repeated. So, if you founder married someone ‘New’, generation 3 couldn’t marry someone ‘New’ too – they’d have to have a spouse from any of the other 3 categories.

Your married couple may have children at any age that is acceptable (YA/Adult for females, YA/Adult/Elder for males). If you want same-sex couples, a baby daddy/mommy must be brought into the house. They must either leave the house the day the baby is born or they must stay in the house for the rest of their lives.

Any of the children born in the household to the couple may be the next heir. Children not selected as the heir can do whatever they want; marry whoever they want, etc. Adopted children, time-travel children, alien babies, Imaginary Friends, etc may not be chosen to be the heir but are welcome in the household and are free to do whatever they want (except being the heir).

Once Generation 4 has married their spouse, you can choose to stop or to carry on and see how many more generations you can get.

General Rules:

1) If you have Supernatural/Late Night, vampires, werewolves and fairies must be turned off at the beginning of the game. Witches are allowed.

2) Genies, Mummies and Simbots are also banned as members of your household. Aliens and PlantSims are fine.

3) Cheats, except when your Sim is stuck, building cheats (such as ‘moveobjects on/off’) or for screenshots (e.g ‘Hideheadlineeffects on/off), are banned.

4) A ‘new’ spouse can be one of the unborn babies in the town (such as Claire Ursine’s unborn baby)

5) You cannot split a couple up to get an ‘Old’ Sim. That would count as a ‘Borrowed’ Sim. However, you can break up girlfriends/boyfriends to get an ‘old’ Sim.

6) You have to move house once your Sim has married their spouse. You can choose to move into the spouse’s house or you can move the spouse temporarily into the current family home and then choose a house from the ‘Move’ section of the phone/computer. You can also choose to move towns at this time. You cannot move in the middle of a generation. You may skip towns as often or as little as you’d like but town hopping is only allowed at the end/beginning of a generation.

7)  Your Sim can choose to have a job or not.

8 ) Sims don’t have to fulfil their lifetime wish.

Optional Rules

1)   All traits are random.
2)   There must be a family pet for each generation.
3)   Max at least one skill.
4)   Set a minimum number of children for each generation (e.g no less than 3 children every generation).

Remember, it's fine to tweak and change the rules a little to suit your personal playing style.  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: The Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Project
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
Finally! A project even I can do! Do move towns every 4 generations, ala 4x4?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 04:44:39 PM »
Finally! A project even I can do! Do move towns every 4 generations, ala 4x4?

You can skip towns any time you like but it has to be at the time your Sim gets married.  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
I don't have pets, so I won't be doing this one. Probably just as well. I have so many I want to try.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »
I don't have pets, so I won't be doing this one. Probably just as well. I have so many I want to try.

I'm not Snuffles, but I'm not seeing anything in the rules that requires Pets. All I see is the optional addition of a family pet each generation, but that's optional.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05:27 AM »
Okay, thanks. Maybe I'll try it. I'm in generation 9 of my 4x4, so it'll be a while before I'm ready to start another multigenerational challenge, but this one looks simper which would be nice.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 02:07:01 AM »
Audren's right. You can even complete this with base game.  ;)
** My Stories **

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 08:23:05 AM »
This Project seems awesome! It may be the next thing that I do after I finish up with my Asylum Challenge and other various challenges.

Though did you know that in rule 1 if you have Late Night but not Supernatural you can still turn off the Vampires via the settings menu. At least, I'm pretty sure you can do that. The option to do this came in an update.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 09:49:57 AM »
I really like the look of this project, Snuffles :) ! It seems well-structured without being too challenging or drawn-out to play. I'm not sure if I have the time to attempt it right now but I just can't help but wonder about potential spouse combinations. Would I be able to somehow make every spouse an original townie or at least a Sim with unique genes (e.g. WA world Sim, townie offspring etc.)? Is it possible to move in other townies so they can create their own families? Hmmm...

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »
I think I can do this one too. But I'm bummed I can't have fairies.. Whenever you change the options, is there a way where it won't effect your other worlds. I always have to remember to switch back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
This Project seems awesome! It may be the next thing that I do after I finish up with my Asylum Challenge and other various challenges.

Though did you know that in rule 1 if you have Late Night but not Supernatural you can still turn off the Vampires via the settings menu. At least, I'm pretty sure you can do that. The option to do this came in an update.  :)

Oh cool, I didn't know that. I'll update that in a minute.  :)

I really like the look of this project, Snuffles :) ! It seems well-structured without being too challenging or drawn-out to play. I'm not sure if I have the time to attempt it right now but I just can't help but wonder about potential spouse combinations. Would I be able to somehow make every spouse an original townie or at least a Sim with unique genes (e.g. WA world Sim, townie offspring etc.)? Is it possible to move in other townies so they can create their own families? Hmmm...

Thinking about it, I'm sure you could. The old, borrowed and blue Sims could all be original townies and the new could be a baby born to original Sims.

I think I can do this one too. But I'm bummed I can't have fairies.. Whenever you change the options, is there a way where it won't effect your other worlds. I always have to remember to switch back and forth.

It's okay to tweak the rules a little if you'd like. The only reason I put it in was because of the extremely long ages of fairies. So if a townie turns into a fairy, they'll still be around for later generations making the 'old' and 'borrowed' categories much easier.

I'm not sure about your question. Is it a particular setting that changes when you play other files? So, if you were to turn fairies off in this game, would it mean that fairies were turned off in all your other files? It's been such a long time since I've played the game, I don't really remember which settings change and which don't.
** My Stories **

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »

Oh cool, I didn't know that. I'll update that in a minute.  :)

Thinking about it, I'm sure you could. The old, borrowed and blue Sims could all be original townies and the new could be a baby born to original Sims.

It's okay to tweak the rules a little if you'd like. The only reason I put it in was because of the extremely long ages of fairies. So if a townie turns into a fairy, they'll still be around for later generations making the 'old' and 'borrowed' categories much easier.

I'm not sure about your question. Is it a particular setting that changes when you play other files? So, if you were to turn fairies off in this game, would it mean that fairies were turned off in all your other files? It's been such a long time since I've played the game, I don't really remember which settings change and which don't.

Well I know that when you change the life span length in one file, it changes for all files.  I wasn't sure if it was the same for supernatural settings. And yes, fairies lives are crazy long so I understand why you made that rule.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 01:07:35 PM »

Well I know that when you change the life span length in one file, it changes for all files.  I wasn't sure if it was the same for supernatural settings. And yes, fairies lives are crazy long so I understand why you made that rule.

I think supernatural settings can be set differently for each individual file. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
** My Stories **

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
Supernatural settings apply globally...sort of. You can get around it by making a factory reset folder and using different settings for each folder.

As for getting unique-looking spouses, you could just use the Edit in CAS cheat when all else fails.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
The Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Project
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »
Snufflesxx, when you say "any pre-made unmarried non-pregnant sim" does that include sims living in the towns already, or do you have to choose a one from CAS?

For example, if I grow Holly Alto up to a young adult and move her out of her parents house in Sunset Valley, can she be my first sim? Thanks!