Author Topic: ADVENTURE: "Knowledge of the Past" glitch  (Read 5489 times)

Offline roseterina

• Nooboo
ADVENTURE: "Knowledge of the Past" glitch
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »
I'm having a serious problem with the "Knowledge of the Past" adventure chain. It's the LONG one that starts you off in China, continues in France (where you have to find a certain Keystone in the Chateau du Landgraab), and then has you finish it off in China.

Here is what has happened: I started the chain, and got the opportunity that said to travel to France. Did that, finished up Chateau du Landgraab, and got the opportunity "Why...That's the Keystone!" and said to go to China. So I sent my sim home, and headed back to China. That's when I got the error message that said "you cannot finish the chain because the target sim is unavailable." Darn. So I googled, and got very little info about how to fix it. I can't go back to the beginning, because my sim has already done it. So I did what someone online somewhere (lol) said to do, which is to delete the opportunity, evict the target sim (yes, she was still there, but my game thought she was unavailable), and then find the opportunity again. Did that, and it told me to "Go to China." Well, I'm in China.  :o So I sent her back home, and went back to China. Same error message. Every time I delete the opportunity, I get a new target sim, and it always tells me to "Go to China," even though I'm already there. So frustrating lol. Any help with this would be appreciated.

On a side note, I am a bit of a cc junkie, and I use CC magic, plus a lot of mods. I run quite a few from nraas. I have Overwatch, Master Controller (btw, would that be able to help me in any way? Just though of that lol), Saver, and a few others. Thanks in advance for any input!

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: ADVENTURE: "Knowledge of the Past" glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 08:14:02 AM »
I'm having a serious problem with the "Knowledge of the Past" adventure chain. It's the LONG one that starts you off in China, continues in France (where you have to find a certain Keystone in the Chateau du Landgraab), and then has you finish it off in China.

Here is what has happened: I started the chain, and got the opportunity that said to travel to France. Did that, finished up Chateau du Landgraab, and got the opportunity "Why...That's the Keystone!" and said to go to China. So I sent my sim home, and headed back to China. That's when I got the error message that said "you cannot finish the chain because the target sim is unavailable." Darn. So I googled, and got very little info about how to fix it. I can't go back to the beginning, because my sim has already done it. So I did what someone online somewhere (lol) said to do, which is to delete the opportunity, evict the target sim (yes, she was still there, but my game thought she was unavailable), and then find the opportunity again. Did that, and it told me to "Go to China." Well, I'm in China.  :o So I sent her back home, and went back to China. Same error message. Every time I delete the opportunity, I get a new target sim, and it always tells me to "Go to China," even though I'm already there. So frustrating lol. Any help with this would be appreciated.

On a side note, I am a bit of a cc junkie, and I use CC magic, plus a lot of mods. I run quite a few from nraas. I have Overwatch, Master Controller (btw, would that be able to help me in any way? Just though of that lol), Saver, and a few others. Thanks in advance for any input!

Welcome to the forum roseterina.

Before you deleted the opportunity at the very beginning as someone suggested, were you able to save that file to another area on your computer? It is always recommended you save a copy of your file just in case something goes wrong.

Another issue may be the mods you have and all the CC. It can cause a lot of trouble for your Sims files. Make sure all mods are up to date. You may want to turn them off to test if that might be causing the problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:04:40 AM »
It's maybe because of the mods. But, the "target sim is unavailable" comes even to me, although I have never had any mods or CC. Usually, it means the target sim has died when I wasn't abroad, and sometimes the game lets me pick the opp again from the board. Sometimes, it takes a few more tries to get it, sometimes it's able to be picked by another sim and rarely it's not pickable at all.

To sum it up: weird and seriously in need of investigating.

Offline mindystewart

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
I am having a very similar problem but in Monte Vista. There are several buildings that are glitching out. Anytime I have an opportunity show up for one of these buildings I accept it and it says the target is no longer available. Including the grocery store and the restaurant so I can't plant special items until I can figure this out. Can buildings be reset?? Do I need to uninstall and re-install monte vista?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
Have you tried bulldozing and replacing the buildings with a copy from the library?

anything