Author Topic: Asking for advice  (Read 1830 times)

Offline khalleron

• Nooboo
Asking for advice
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »
I've got some adventures in France that are totally borked -

When I finished the chain that began with On Patrol, I got to the room where the remains are supposed to be, but there were no remains in the hole, so I can't return them to the cemetery. What's more, now every member of that family keeps getting asked to return the remains, but no one has them so they can't return them.

So I tried sending another family to France to see if they could complete it, but now they can't even complete the On Patrol part - they've spent two days and nights in the museum, they viewed every item multiple times, they've been up and down every staircase, but they never get to report in.

Plus, no matter how many times I check the Adventure board or how many tasks I do, no one ever gets to explore the Nectary tomb.

I really want to complete all the adventures and explore all the tombs, but I'm tearing my hair out now.

I'm thinking about copying the entire world to another saved game and seeing if the adventures will reset and be completeable, but I wonder if doing that will bork it entirely. Has anyone done this? I don't want to just move the household because they have a lot of relationships and I also don't want to lose some other households (my hobbits!) I've created but are inactive.

Any advice?

Offline nomad

• Nooboo
Re: Asking for advice
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
I've got some adventures in France that are totally borked -

When I finished the chain that began with On Patrol, I got to the room where the remains are supposed to be, but there were no remains in the hole, so I can't return them to the cemetery. What's more, now every member of that family keeps getting asked to return the remains, but no one has them so they can't return them.

The only thing I can think of for this one is that you can access that room without completing the first couple of parts of that adventure, (visit Asian section, report in, visit Egyptian section, report in) in which case the remains will not be there.

I'm thinking about copying the entire world to another saved game and seeing if the adventures will reset and be completeable, but I wonder if doing that will bork it entirely. Has anyone done this? I don't want to just move the household because they have a lot of relationships and I also don't want to lose some other households (my hobbits!) I've created but are inactive.

Any advice?

I'm not sure how you would copy the world to another saved game as such. I would check if this adventure works in a new game and if it does then you could use the Nraas Porter to transfer your families to a new game, maintaining relationships: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter+FAQ

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline khalleron

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10:37 PM »
You can use Nraas Traveller to copy a world to a new game and play it, I was wondering if anyone had tried it.

I've used it to add custom vacation worlds, but I haven't tried moving my main world to a new game.

Offline khalleron

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
I found a less drastic solution - I deleted the France world files (after backing everything up, of course) so the game would have to recreate it. When next I visited it, they got the remains quest, but this time the remains appeared in the museum tomb, so I was able to finish the quest.

Now let's see if I can ever clear the Nectary tomb (but at least the museum one's solved).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 03:47:17 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, khalleron.

I just want to let you know that I'm moving this thread over to the World Adventures board.  Your issue is specifically about World Adventures gameplay.  The Technical Help board where you originally put it is for problems with game mechanics and computer issues.  Also, please make the subjects of threads as specific as possible.  "Asking for advice" doesn't really let readers know what kind of help you need.  A better subject would be "Having a problem with adventures".  You can change the subject by clicking on "Edit" on the first post, then saving it after making the change.

If you ever have any questions about the Forum, you're always welcome to contact me directly via private message.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."