Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 328072 times)

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Into the Abyss, Come Back
« Reply #1050 on: August 19, 2016, 05:05:41 AM »
'Cries so despondently she can't think of anything to write'.
It was like one of those moments in a horror film when you're screaming at the characters not to go somewhere.
And then...
Don't kid yourself @LivvieLove, I'm not sure how much an ounce is, but every person with a heart must cry at those screenshots, if not before.
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #1051 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
I cried looking at the screenshots of Majunun remembering Anne at the end of the second chapter.
Farewell, Anne. Alas, poor Majnun.
This chapter was just so hard to write. Mpart and I have a chat messenger we go back and forth on and I was just messaging her the whole time like "I just killed Anne. I'm a monster." In reality, I wrote "Come Back" a long while ago when I was in a slump and I was determined to at least be productive. It was awful. I literally listened to this song on a loop and wrote it. So when I had to come back and write the chapter before ("Into the Abyss") it was painful to have to rechannel all those emotions.
Either way, I really appreciate your feedback on this, it makes me feel better (I know that sounds awful when worded this way) knowing that I was at least able to properly project the emotions I wanted others to feel.

'Cries so despondently she can't think of anything to write'.
It was like one of those moments in a horror film when you're screaming at the characters not to go somewhere.
And then...
Don't kid yourself @LivvieLove, I'm not sure how much an ounce is, but every person with a heart must cry at those screenshots, if not before.

It was so, so hard to write - not that it was challenging at all - just that I struggled to handle how perfectly things were lining up. If only just one thing had been different, Anne might not have died. Getting the screenshots was even harder because I just felt like I couldn't do Majnun and Anne justice. There were just so many little details I wanted to capture in the screenshots leading up to her turning to dust and I'm just relieved that I was able to at least stir some emotion in those who were attached to Anne and Majnun. I know I certainly was and I was freaking out over these chapters for ages before, which is why as we got down to the wire I put off updating as much as I did because I just... didn't want to say goodbye but I also really wanted to say goodbye.
Anyways, thank you dearly for the comment. I know there's not a lot to comment on in these chapters, so I still really appreciate the feedback.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1052 on: August 26, 2016, 11:51:07 PM »
OMG, I disappear for a while and the whole world comes to an end T_T and the worst part is, I've known it was coming for (when did you send me the spoilers I asked for?!?)

I managed to hold onto my tears until the final screenshots. But, Majnun think of His Heart just did me in! Darn you, Livvie, for making me love her as much as he does!

There are so many words running in my head right now (and none of the PG friendly) that, even the thought of the twins, is not making up for the grief!

I think the worst part is knowing that Maj had to be without her for so long. But, I'll still bawl my heart out when he eventually joins her in The Essence... Tears because he'll be gone, but also tears because his Heart will be with him once more... The world was not meant to be without Majanne, and truth be told, I wasn't quite ready for it either... Oh lord, I can't seem to stop crying, you've broken me, Liv.

To try and distract myself, I'm going to comment on what came before:
The new looks - wow and wow again! I would love to see all of them in the story, they're just so yummy! But, that being said, I really don't want a new Sheo. He was perfect just the way he was! Alec on the other hand, looks a lot better than he ever did!

Please tell me that Maj is going to kill Allessandra and that *word redacted* Destiny Labelle?!? And in the most horrible and gruesome manner imaginable! I want to see them laying dead on the floor so I can dance on their corpses!

Alec is a dumbass, but, I'm glad he's getting a second chance!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1053 on: August 27, 2016, 01:26:51 AM »
OMG, I disappear for a while and the whole world comes to an end T_T and the worst part is, I've known it was coming for (when did you send me the spoilers I asked for?!?)

I managed to hold onto my tears until the final screenshots. But, Majnun think of His Heart just did me in! Darn you, Livvie, for making me love her as much as he does!

There are so many words running in my head right now (and none of the PG friendly) that, even the thought of the twins, is not making up for the grief!

I think the worst part is knowing that Maj had to be without her for so long. But, I'll still bawl my heart out when he eventually joins her in The Essence... Tears because he'll be gone, but also tears because his Heart will be with him once more... The world was not meant to be without Majanne, and truth be told, I wasn't quite ready for it either... Oh lord, I can't seem to stop crying, you've broken me, Liv.

To try and distract myself, I'm going to comment on what came before:
The new looks - wow and wow again! I would love to see all of them in the story, they're just so yummy! But, that being said, I really don't want a new Sheo. He was perfect just the way he was! Alec on the other hand, looks a lot better than he ever did!

Please tell me that Maj is going to kill Allessandra and that *word redacted* Destiny Labelle?!? And in the most horrible and gruesome manner imaginable! I want to see them laying dead on the floor so I can dance on their corpses!

Alec is a dumbass, but, I'm glad he's getting a second chance!

Oh man, you have no idea how hard it was to write those chapters. I've needed to take a wee bit of a break from the story to focus on something else for a while.
I'm not sure if I'll write the chapter that shows what happened to Destiny and Alessandra. I'm not sure I could do it justice on the forum. I do want to. I can tell you that in present day both of those two are dead, but to do their deaths the justice they deserve... eh, I can PM you if you'd like to know the details. Otherwise I may just leave it as is.
I can tell you I cried hard when I wrote those chapters though, so I'm very glad to hear I'm not the only one who found it emotional. That was really my goal for this chapter.
Majnun's death will destroy me, but thankfully I've already gotten glimpses of his replacement and they'll be... hopefully interesting and fun.
Anyways, I apologize for any broken-ness. I'm working on the next few chapters and... I'm not sure how much better they'll be. ::)

Now, as for your distraction, Sheogorath will not be replaced in this story because the only difference about him is that his eyes would be white instead of red and at this point he's too recognizable with his red eyes. Alec I'm thinking I will replace, I just don't want to confuse people... thankfully he'll be out of the spotlight soon in favor of my incoming goober twins (part two, to match my original goober twins Kefka and Deliro).
Honestly though it could be several more days before I get around to updating this story as I take a bit of a break from having to say goodbye to Anne.

Majnun and Anne were my experimental generation. I plan to do my entire rewrite in a similar fashion (deep story and character wise) and it has been a fantastic learning experience but it doesn't make saying goodbye any easier. :'(

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1054 on: August 27, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »
PM? Yes please! With pictures, if you have any! I wanna SEE them dead!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Empty Inside
« Reply #1055 on: September 07, 2016, 12:53:37 AM »
STILL ALIVE.
Yes, chapter coming up. Important thing though - THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THE NEW VARIATION OF ALECCAS KEEPER.
From here on out, Aleccas will be in the new body. Same personality. Same husband of Mary. Same father of Eveline. Same stubborn, annoying, flirtatious man - only now he's actually got Majnun genes in him. I apologize for any confusion, but I think this will be for the best. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Here we go!

Empty Inside
Midnight Hollow - 13 Years Later
Magic sparked against Charlotte’s skin as she walked the ghost-town. Trash bins were spilled over and there wasn’t a single person to be seen for miles of this desolate place. It was once a decently thriving town and now not a single soul could be found. Most of the residents who once lived here died in an ‘otherworldly’ catastrophe that befell the town thirteen years ago. One magical explosion that left the entire town a radioactive waste pit. It would take another fifty years for it to be inhabitable again.

The magic in the air would kill anything that lived in it, but Charlotte was, thankfully, already dead. Well, mostly dead, and her sons told her she didn’t look a day older than thirty. Of course, if they ever implied anything worse then they would be dead, too. The further into the center of the explosion Charlotte walked the more she realized this was far more than even she could tolerate.
The two men that walked behind her were eerily silent today. Not a whisper of amusement. Not a snicker or even a giggle. Usually this meant they were doing something stupid or dangerous, but today it was solidarity that kept them quiet, and that was far more disheartening to her. She tipped her head back in their direction and stopped walking. They stopped immediately behind her - her perfectly trained little gentlemen.
When they weren’t causing explosions or giving her a headache, that is.
“Now.” Her voice seemed loud compared to the world around her that was sullen and silent. She could feel the magic come alive in the air around her as one of the boys behind her commanded it. Deliro’s spell could neutralize the dangerous effects of the magic, but he couldn’t hold out forever. “Let’s move quickly.”
The Swallow House was hardly recognizable. Grass was overgrown and smoke still came from the never-ending fires that seemed to start. Charlotte hiked carefully up the walkway, crossing over the rubble piles and the scrap. She moved to step down when her foot twisted incorrectly and she stumbled forward, nearly out of the ever-waning ward her son held up. Just as she was about to leave the sphere, a strong arm came and steadied her effortlessly. In a quick movement she was back on her feet, giving Kefka a gentle smile that dissipated as quickly as it came.

“Where do you think he is?”
Kefka’s eyes scanned the rubble piles before taking in a deep breath. “Under the rubble, over there.” He pointed.
Charlotte nodded. The magic in the air had interfered with her own senses, but thankfully Kefka was a different breed entirely. He was born a Magical Source but now… things were different now. That’s why they were here. Charlotte let her gaze travel to Deliro and a very slight feeling of worry struck her as he struggled to remain standing. They were running out of time. Deliro couldn’t hold up off the onslaught of magic all on his own for much longer. Deliro groaned and Kefka put an arm around him to steady him.
“Kefoo.” Deliro groaned. “This is worse than that time you tried to make pancakes with that questionable flour.”
“Tuff, tuff, Liro. It can’t be worse than when you accidentally set fire to that oxygen tank.” Kefka grinned at him, trying to joke to keep him awake.

Deliro laughed a breathy, delirious laugh. “Mama!” He laughed still, but his voice was pained. “TWENTY.”
Twenty minutes. It was likely an overestimate on his part. Deliro always overestimated himself. Today would be no different and Charlotte would not lose her son to this task.
She just had to find that blasted God of Insanity in this chaos. She knew he was here. This was the center of chaos in the world currently. She squinted her eyes as she neared a pile of rubble and that was when she saw a leg sticking out.
She stomped across the room and yanked on it, yet it didn’t give. Normally she would’ve asked Kefka to step in and pull him out, but Kefka was too busy supporting his brother - his brother who was slowly dying so she could come to see the fool she once married and beat him to death.
She had maintained her calm until now, but now all of her anger came out. She groaned as she finally yanked the body of her once-husband from the rubble. His face seemed lifeless as he stared blankly forward. Charlotte knew better though, and she kicked his chest hard. “Wake up.” She scowled.
No response.
She kicked him harder. “WAKE UP YOU BLOODY FOOL. WAKE UP RIGHT NOW OR I’LL SUCK ALL OF THE BLOOD OUT OF YOU AND THEN BEAT YOU WITH WHATEVER WEAPONS I CAN FIND. ESSENCE SO HELP ME IF DELIRO GOES DOWN BECAUSE OF THIS.”
There was no response. Charlotte bent down and shook Majnun then.
“WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP!” Her hand came down and collided hard with Majnun’s cheek.
Yet there was still no response.

Charlotte’s rage was boiling. She shoved Majnun down hard and screamed as she stood. Her voice dropped off suddenly and she glared at him. “Anne would’ve been abhorred by the state you’ve let yourself fall into!”
The glossy eyes of the god snapped then to glare at her, rage behind them.
“Oh? Does that tick you off, Majnun? I’ll stomp on her grave if that’s what gets you up, you coward.”
Majnun barred his teeth at her and hissed under his breath. “Leave me!” He spoke through gritted teeth. “Now!” He let his head fall back and his voice lost it’s edge. “Leave me to die.”
Charlotte hit him again. “Oh, please. You selfish coward. You’re going to get up this moment and help your son before I show you what wishing for death really feels like.” Her hand collided once again with his cheek, for good measure she told herself.

Majnun’s eyes glared at her for a moment longer before his gaze darted over to Kefka who was now fully supporting Deliro. He jerked forward quickly and was fluidly on his feet. His face seemed sunken and cold. The magic in the air shifted again and suddenly Majnun was across the room, his hand gripping Deliro’s shoulder. The boy gasped and weakly moved his gaze up to stare at his father. “Master.” He said quietly, eyes wide with uncertainty and awe. The magic in the air shifted and Charlotte knew Majnun was at least doing something. It was a start.
Majnun’s gaze shifted to look at Kefka as he continued supporting Deliro. Kefka averted the gaze and looked to the floor when Majnun saw the marks on his neck. Majnun’s eyes narrowed, and he tugged on Kefka’s collar. His gaze turned sharply to glare at Charlotte. “I know these bite marks are not yours.” He spat. “Explain. Everything. Now.”

“Trystan.” Charlotte spoke the familiar name with more venom than a bite from the most poisonous snake. A Vampire Charlotte had crossed paths with many times before; he was Malice’s High Priest. Was. “You disappeared and Malice decided he would encroach on my territory.” She gave a glare that could kill. “You know I’m a very forgiving lady, Majnun. So, like the lady that I am, I told Malice to back off. He decided he would test my boundaries and then he took one… little...” Her gaze turned back to Kefka and Deliro, who were busy looking around and swatting at the air while giggling. Her gaze came back to Majnun. “...fatal step and I sent him the remains of his High Priest wrapped in a pretty package.”
Majnun looked her up and down. “Alone?” He didn’t believe she took on a High Priest all by herself. Everyone always underestimated her. Trystan certainly had.

Charlotte stared at her nails, her jaw set in anger. “What can I say? He tripped on the button that forced me to stop being a lady and start being a bear.”
Deliro laughed hysterically before putting his arms up by his head, pretending to be a bear and growling. Kefka laughed and made a similar face, growling back at him.
Charlotte shrugged; a faint, dark smile pulled on her lips. “You mess with the cubs, you get the mama.” She straightened her dress. “Charlotte the lady is always forgiving. Charlotte the mama...” She chuckled an even darker laugh. “She’s certainly not.”
Majnun’s face remained unchanged and he nodded. “Why did you come to find me, then?”
Charlotte’s gaze cooled and hardened. “Do you think I’m happy with just the death of the clan who hurt my baby? Your children need you, you coward. You need to wake up and face the world. Aleccas has grown into a little punk. One of my babies nearly died and your oldest is currently dying and no one can reach him - not even Agonin, and you know how much he loves his grandfather.”
“Where is Destiny?” Majnun growled.

“You’re not listening, are you?” Charlotte’s patience was wearing thin. “SHEOGORATH IS DYING. YOUR SON. The one Anne adored and called her own son as well. ARE YOU LISTENING NOW?”
Majnun looked at her with his face emotionless. “Where is he?”
“In the same warehouse Quinn said you found him in thirteen years ago. Quinn’s been trying to get through to him for years now.” Charlotte put her hand on her hip and scowled. “I’m not your Priestess. I’m just here to get you to freaking wake up and do something!”
Majnun sighed and began to walk through the rubble towards the front of the lot.
“Where are you going?!” Charlotte growled.
Majnun snapped his fingers and a portal opened next to her. “Go home.” He told her, without looking. “All of you.”
“What about-?”
Go. Home.” His voice was dark and the ground shook. “I have a goddess to kill.”

Majnun sat in a pile of ash - the remains of Destiny - when he heard the door open. His hands still hot from the magic he used to kill her. It was just a second before the screams started. He slowly lifted his head to see the horrified face of Minha - Agonin’s High Priestess - with Agonin right behind her.

Agonin’s face assessed the situation levelly, and Majnun gave him a glare that he hoped would make his skin crawl. Majnun still held so much hatred - so much anger. It was the only thing keeping him going.
Minha looked greener than usual - like she might throw up at any moment. Majnun looked at the ash pile beneath him and rolled his eyes. It’s not like there was any blood.
“You… you… you killed her!” Minha gasped. “You killed Destiny?!”
Agonin kept Majnun’s gaze and Majnun shrugged loosely, a dark smile pulling on his lips. “Twiddly, diddly do.” He laughed an insane laughter without humor behind it. “It would appear that way, wouldn’t it?”

“Do you deny it?” Minha persisted.
Agonin continued to remain silent, but his eyes moved to stare at his High Priestess.
Majnun sneered. “I killed Destiny.” He whispered and then laughed again. “I… killed… Destiny!” He repeated, a little more giddy. “I KILLED DESTINY!” He shouted suddenly, his head rolling back as he laughed.
Minha stared at Agonin then, wide-eyed. “He’s confessed, my lord. Should we alert the Sister of Time?”
Agonin took in a deep breath and looked away from Minha and back to Majnun. He stepped forward quietly and Minha grew completely silent. Agonin’s gaze shifted towards the walls and his fingers ran along the desk. “Minha.”
“Yes, my lord? What would you have me do? Shall I contact the Sisters or-”
“Return home.” Agonin’s voice was level and firm.
“Home? My lord… what would you have me-”
“You saw nothing here.” Agonin looked at her coldly.
“But, my lord-”
“Nothing.” Agonin repeated his voice matching his stare. “Return home and speak of this to no one. That’s an order, Minha.”

Minha stared, stunned for a moment before her face switched to resignation and she curtseyed. “As you say, my lord.” She turned and disappeared out of the room and Majnun watched her go with rage still in his eyes.
“Call Time. Do it.” Majnun egged. “Perhaps if I kill you then Time will care. I wonder how many gods I’ll need to kill before I become worse than Theran the god-killer?”
Agonin stood next to where Majnun sat and stared down at him. “I understand the pain you feel, Majnun.” He said quietly.
“LIAR.” Majnun spat, his gaze turning to glare at him firmly. “You’re a liar - and you always have been.”
Agonin said nothing.
Majnun shook his head, still sneering. “You prance around and claim to have lost someone so dear to you - yet your wife sits in the Land of the Dead!” He slammed his hands into the ground next to himself and sent his body flying forward, stumbling past Agonin. He grumbled pieces of insanity under his breath as he clutched his head. His voice dropped low. “I would destroy the world if that’s what it took to see Anne for only a moment longer.” He turned and glared at Majnun coldly. “Do not tell me you know my pain. You clearly do not.”

Agonin’s face twitched with slight annoyance. “You speak of things you know nothing about.”
Majnun scoffed. “Just shut up and admit that you’re a liar already - a darn good one too.” He shook his head and scowled. “‘My wife… she died in childbirth. It’s great pain to see her die. I once loved a mortal woman too! I know your pain of losing your very core.’ LIAR!”
Agonin stared at him levelly, returning to saying nothing.
“YOUR WIFE - the supposed mortal woman you loved - CAN BE BROUGHT BACK AT ANY TIME!” Majnun flung his arms around, unhinged. His voice was uncontrollable and it slid up and down several octaves, jumping in tone and pitch alike. “Yet you do NOTHING!
Agonin took in another big breath and crossed his arms.

“Do NOT pretend to know my pain! You’re clearly a liar and I cannot believe I never realized it before!” Majnun continued his tirade. He was angry. He just needed to be angry, and Agonin officially had a target on his back. Majnun would’ve given anything for Anne to just be in the Land of the Dead. He would’ve overturned that entire wasteland. He would’ve killed every Shade that got in his way until he found her again. He would’ve brought her back and given her all the magic in the world - he would’ve helped her RISE.
She was meant to be a goddess. All of this time she had sat under his nose. That magic wasn’t just Destiny’s. It was hers. She could’ve been his forever. He could’ve still had his heart.
“Are you finished?” Agonin asked levelly.
Majnun slumped and fell to his knees. “I… I cannot breathe without her.”
There was a wisdom in Agonin’s eyes and he nodded. “You’re a god who can do anything except save the one person you love from a horrible fate.” He swallowed. “I know.”

“Someone is laughing at me right now.” Majnun whispered. “I don’t even care. I just want it to end.”
Agonin stepped forward before he bent down and grabbed Majnun’s arm, carefully helping him stand again. “I will not let you do something stupid.”
“This isn’t stupid.” Majnun leaned heavily on him. “Me being without her is stupid.”
“Majnun, you have four children who are under a magnifying glass right now. I heard how Kefka was attacked, and Sheogorath…” Agonin closed his eyes. “I cannot reach him. I have tried so many times. He needs you. He’s driven himself to insanity. He’s killing himself with the guilt of the loss of your wife. He blames himself and he needs you to tell him everything is ok. It’s not just you anymore, Majnun.”
Majnun frowned. “Sheogorath did nothing wrong.” He whispered as things slowly sank in. Sheogorath drove himself to insanity. He overexpended his magic? “What did he do?”
“He’s spent the last thirteen years killing Alessandra and resurrecting her repeatedly. Quinn has been with him, trying to curb him, but even I could not reach him for long.”
Majnun’s head ached. There were too many thoughts and voices existing in it at once. He pulled his weight off of Agonin and sighed heavily, willing the thoughts to all be silenced, yet it persisted. Had he been away so long that he could no longer even clear his own head? He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. His mind would be silenced. He would force it to be.
Silence engulfed his thoughts and a Majnun’s face hardened all at once into a cold mask. “I will see to Sheogorath.” He couldn’t do this without Anne. He couldn’t.
He had to.
Agonin stepped away from him and began organizing stacks of papers on Destiny’s desk. “Go. I will finish cleaning up here.”
Majnun did not look at him and instead started to walk for the door.
Agonin cleared his throat. “Oh, and Majnun?”
Majnun stopped before wearily turning to look at his old friend.

Agonin kept his eyes on the desk as he worked, finally he tilted his head towards Majnun with resignation in his eyes. “Caelia was a Nymph.”

Majnun sat at his son’s bedside, his face still hardened into a mask. Sheogorath lay unconscious, but alive. Quinn looked ready to drop himself as he struggled to keep himself going. Thirteen years with little sleep and food would do that to someone, though.

Quinn was silent and for once Majnun missed his wit. Majnun sat back in the chair before staring at him flatly. “Have you no insults to spare me?” He couldn’t believe he was even asking.
Quinn looked at him weakly. “Unlike everyone else in this room, I don’t have a death wish, thanks.” He wiped his face and sighed heavily before resting his head against the bookcase next to him. “Do I look stupid to you?” He paused and groaned. “Don’t answer that.”
Majnun’s lip twitched slightly. “Thank you.”
Quinn opened his eyes before staring at him skeptically, finally he shrugged. “Thanking me for not insulting you? Whatever floats your boat, master.”
“For taking care of Sheogorath.” Majnun finished.
Quinn shifted and put his head back against the bookcase as he closed his eyes. “Yeah well, thank you too, I guess.”
Majnun looked at him wearily.
“...for coming back.” Quinn said without opening his eyes.

Majnun nodded and he returned his gaze to watching his son. Sheogorath was very weak but he would recover. They just needed to take it a day at a time.
It was all Majnun could do to not break down again.
He was empty inside.

Barnacle Bay
“So… let me get this straight… you purposefully fake insanity… because…” Aleccas stared at the men he supposed he should call his brothers with a mixture of disbelief and disinterest. Kefka and Deliro had turned up at his door to ‘check on him’ again, and to inform him that their father was on the rise again. Yet, Aleccas would rather not associate with any part of his family, if at all possible. He could still hear his nan’s voice in his head, grating along his ears. His brothers were just a reminder of everything Aleccas lost and hated. Now here stood his brothers, claiming to be sane, acting insane just for the hilarity of it all.

Deliro nodded furiously. “Yup yup!” He clapped and giggled. “It’s our insanity pact!”
Aleccas nodded slowly, giving them a patronizing look. “I… see…”
Kefka gave a half-smile and nodded. “It’s a good way to get information from people when they assume you’re stupid and insane.” His voice was surprisingly smooth and eloquent.
Deliro smacked Kefka’s arm lightly. “Kefoo! Not so loud! The walls have ears!”
“Not these walls, Liro.” Kefka sighed as he glanced around the room.
“You owe me a pie for that.” Deliro said with a glare. “A big one.”
Kefka leaned over and flicked Deliro’s face before giggling insanely. “Or more pancakes.”
“Flour on the walls. It was green.” Deliro grinned.

Kefka fiddled with his hands under the table. “Oxygen and sulfur!”
“BOOM!” Deliro snorted as he smacked his knee. “Does that count, tuff tuff?”
Aleccas sat with the same weirded-out look as he now leaned against his hand. “Right…” He pursed his lips before shaking his head. “Couldn’t you just… you know, talk to people?”
Kefka’s lip twitched and he hissed as Deliro gasped. “TALK?! AH!” Deliro squeaked. “TALK? NO TALK. NO. BAD.” He snapped his fingers and summoned a rolled up newspaper that he started whacking Aleccas with. “BAD ALECCAS.”
Aleccas swatted at Deliro’s hands with anger in his eyes now. “ENOUGH!” He spat and groaned. “And it’s Alec.” He scowled.
Kefka giggled before flicking Deliro again, causing Deliro to twitch and giggle himself.
“You two are psychos.” Aleccas groaned as he shook his head.

Kefka and Deliro turned and simultaneously spoke, perfectly sane. “Thank you!”
Kefka broke off from Deliro and tipped his head. “You can join us, you know. It’d be fun!”
Deliro nodded. “Mu! Only if you lighten up first! Chyua, chyua, chyua!” He cracked one of knuckles and then his eyes went wide at the noise before he grinned and started cracking the rest of his knuckles. Kefka laughed and leaned over before yanking on Deliro’s arm until that made a popping noise too and Deliro gasped before laughing hysterically.
Aleccas leaned back in his seat and made a face, nodding slightly. “Yeah, as tempting as that is, I’m going to have to pass.”
“LAME!” Deliro rolled his eyes. “Told you, Kefoo. That one is a lost cause” He pointed to Aleccas then.
I’m the lost cause? You two can’t even talk to women!” Aleccas scoffed.
Kefka frowned. “Yeah we can.”

Deliro nodded as Kefka spoke, making a ‘duh’ face.
“Oh really? Then why don’t you two have girlfriends? Surely two… interesting gentlemen, such as yourself, would find someone easily.” Aleccas tried to keep the sarcasm from his voice, yet it didn’t work.
Deliro spoke first this time. “Why would we want them?”

Kefka nodded in agreement.
Aleccas’s mouth fell open and his brow furrowed. “Ok, now I know we’re not related.”
They looked at him confused. “Yes we are.” Deliro insisted, he turned to Kefka then, “are you sure this one as all of his brainsicles?”
Kefka shook his head while pursing his lips, slowly turning his head to Aleccas.
Aleccas’s palm flew up to his face, making a slight smacking noise that set Kefka and Deliro off again. Aleccas groaned before waving his hands around. “Hey! HEY! Can I have sane Kefka and Deliro back for a moment?”
They stopped suddenly and glared at him. Deliro clenched his fists. “SANE?! BOOBLIBOO!” He grabbed the newspaper again and began whacking Aleccas. “DON’T. BLOW. OUR. COVER. MORON!” He giggled between each word and timed it with each smack.
“THERE’S NO ONE IN HERE BUT ME!” Aleccas shouted. “Which is unfortunate! I gave up my date tonight to talk to you lunatics!” His face fell and he suddenly lamented. “She was so… gifted too.” He groaned loudly before slowly running his hands threw his hair. “I need a drink.” He shoved his chair back and wandered over to the bar in his living room. He reached into the refrigerator and pulled out another expensive bottle of something.

He never drank the cheap stuff. Why would he? He had more money than all of the wealthiest families in the world combined thanks to his careful business maneuvering. He was the wealthiest twenty-one year old in existence.
He was probably just the wealthiest man in existence, but he stopped paying attention to the wealthy circles. He sighed as he looked at his brothers. “Do you two want anything to drink?”
Deliro bit his lip and grinned. “JUICE! BOX!” He cackled.
Kefka didn’t respond this time, instead his eyes narrowed and he stared out into the night.
Deliro noticed the response and shook him. “Kefoo? KEFOO!”
Kefka held up his hand and his voice dropped low. “We’re not alone.” He stood up fluidly and was out the back, over the railing, faster than Aleccas could even blink.
Aleccas jolted at the change and scowled. His brothers and their magic - it was ridiculous. Sure, he had magic, but it was nothing but a nuisance. He was good at wards and Quinn had told him so, but so was his father.
Aleccas would never let himself be like his father.
Deliro stood up carefully, looking tense. “KEFOO? Ead magra?” He stepped towards the back, slowly clenching his fists as he did so. “KEFKA?!”

Kefka was back on the balcony, bloodstains on his shirt that slowly dissipated as he straightened his jacket and dusted himself off. In a fluid movement he tossed a necklace onto the table. “Malice is after you, Aleccas.” He stretched his neck and returned to sitting down. “They’ve found your house, it seems.”
Aleccas rolled his eyes and took a big drink. After he swallowed, he sighed. “It’s fine. I’ll buy another one.” He was looking to buy a property elsewhere anyways. He could rent this one out for the time being and disappear again. It was what he was known for - disappearing.
Oh, and being ridiculously wealthy. Can’t possibly forget that. His dates certainly never did. He never felt bad about it though, as he never remembered their names anyways.
Deliro was rolling his eyes to Kefka and Kefka was shrugging as they chattered back and forth quietly. Aleccas had stopped paying attention. He stared out directly in front of him and took another long drink.
So his father had decided to mysteriously reappear to kill a god, huh? Aleccas resisted smiling at the hope that maybe his father would get himself killed. The warm thought faded away and Aleccas scowled to himself. Aleccas could never get so lucky.

He tipped his bottle over and frowned as nothing else came out. It was the ultimate representation of his own life, in a way. Expensive and pretty on the outside and completely hollow and empty on the inside. He tossed the bottle to the side and watched the $4,000 bottle shatter.
Kefka and Deliro jumped at the noise and began shouting but Aleccas didn’t care. He just stared at the glass that had fragmented onto the wall and floors.
He could always buy another one.
He could buy everything he ever desired in the world… yet it would not bring his mother back.
He was empty inside, and in his mind no one could ever possibly understand.
It was that thought that made him truly hollow.

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1056 on: September 07, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
Yes! An update, and and 387 years before the current timeline!
And Majnun still has his amazing hair! (And Charlottte's developed some too.)
I love Kefka and Deliro, and definitely need to see more of them! And yes, their insanity is 'definitely' fake.
Poor Agonin, how dare you make him momentarily seem heartless! (It was effective though.) Although I've sadly forgotten about Nymphs though - why can't they be resurrected?
I'm proud of you Majnun, moving for 13 years, then finally waking up to help your son.
Destiny and Alessandra definitely deserved it - well done Majnun and Sheo, could you PM me their deaths though please?
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1057 on: September 07, 2016, 12:41:05 PM »
Yes! An update, and and 387 years before the current timeline!
And Majnun still has his amazing hair! (And Charlottte's developed some too.)
I love Kefka and Deliro, and definitely need to see more of them! And yes, their insanity is 'definitely' fake.
Poor Agonin, how dare you make him momentarily seem heartless! (It was effective though.) Although I've sadly forgotten about Nymphs though - why can't they be resurrected?
I'm proud of you Majnun, moving for 13 years, then finally waking up to help your son.
Destiny and Alessandra definitely deserved it - well done Majnun and Sheo, could you PM me their deaths though please?
Well, technically this is 377 years before the current timeline. Anne had 2 years with Majnun (roughly) before she had Aleccas and Aleccas was 8 when she died. So, thirteen years post her death would put us at 23 years after the '400 years ago' bit.
Not that it matters that much. We've actually worked out a dating scale - a way to tell the eras in this world, but I'm not sure the best way to fluidly bring it into this story though.
Majnun has his hair for now. ;) He eventually gets his life together. Honestly I've hesitated showing this, but Majnun will have a very different look in the rewrite. Much scarier (in my opinion) and much more 'god-like.' For this story though, he'll just remain the character we're used to. ::) Which means his curly hair will be slicked back and he'll don his orange outfit.
One PM about Destiny and Alessandra is incoming. I honestly just didn't put it in because I could - in no way - do it justice while not breaking forum rules, so we only get to see the aftermath, which turned out better than I actually thought it would. It's why I took so long to write this chapter.
Kefka and Deliro are going to have more prominent storylines here soon between @mpart and I. I may post about their misadventures in this storyline, but nothing is set in stone on that yet. They're a bunch of fun to write though, and so is Charlotte (AKA Mama Bear). I've added them to my list of stories I'll be expanding eventually (perhaps not in this version of the story though).
On Agonin:
Do I give everyone a peak at my hand? :-X Yes. Yes I will.
I won't give everything away unless asked (via PM - as spoilers are in abundance). If you scrape over every line of Agonin's you'll hear the sad story about how he loved a mortal woman and she died tragically and horrifically while Agonin could not save her.
The important thing to learn from this chapter is that Nymphs aren't considered mortals.
;)
Thank you, as always, for the lovely comment and the love that comes with it! I'm back and into the swing of things. Really it's just been hard crunching out the last of this generation - as I'll keep the chapters in "this generation" (meaning Majnun and Anne) until the twins are born - and that even just feels so far away. Anyways, I've just got like, two or three fairly hard chapters to write and then it should (hopefully) be easier for me to get into my writing for this story again! Thanks for sticking with me!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1058 on: September 07, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
I like Charlotte's sudden appearance to pull Majnun out of his long funk. I adore that she's always underestimated but kicks butt all the same.
And I confess that I don't remember who Caelin the nymph was.

After the heavy gloom of this chapter's first part, I loved the wacky Deliro and Kefka (the redhead?).
Did they visit to befriend Alec or simply to warn him?
Poor angsty Alec--he's really spent a long time feeling sorry for himself. I'm glad you're using new Alec. I had a hard time believing he was a player before, hehe.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1059 on: September 07, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
I like Charlotte's sudden appearance to pull Majnun out of his long funk. I adore that she's always underestimated but kicks butt all the same.
And I confess that I don't remember who Caelin the nymph was.

After the heavy gloom of this chapter's first part, I loved the wacky Deliro and Kefka (the redhead?).
Did they visit to befriend Alec or simply to warn him?
Poor angsty Alec--he's really spent a long time feeling sorry for himself. I'm glad you're using new Alec. I had a hard time believing he was a player before, hehe.

Charlotte is epic and I swear I love that woman so much. Pretends that she doesn't care and that her kids get on her nerves... but secretly hides a mama bear underneath it all.
No worries about Caelia, she is not really relevant to this story. Caelia is Alessandra's mother who died in childbirth, the wife of Agonin. Agonin has talked about his great love of a mortal woman that destroyed him a long time ago.
Nymphs are not mortals.
Do with that information what you will. ::)
There was heavy gloom in these chapters. It's been a teensy bit hard to write due to it - not that I don't love gloom, but in order to do it justice I like to show light-hearted moments. They're funner for me to write than gloomy ones as I hate seeing my characters always falling apart. However, I just have a lot of sad things going on right now, so gloom is going to be a little bit more persistent until a few more chapters from now.
Thank goodness for Kefka (yes, the redhead!) and Deliro (the blond) to bring a bit of light-heartedness to the last bit. They've visited Alec on many occasions to check on him, mostly, but this time it was also to tell him that their father is back in action (as they're excited about it, Alec is dreading it).
I'm glad I switched over too. For what it's worth, the game did describe the actual townie Alec Trebo to be a wealthy womanizer in Barnacle Bay. That's where I got the very start of his personality - now his appearance is much more fitting. ::)
Thank you for the love, dearest! =)
Here's hoping the new Alec looks ok next to my gorgeous Mary. ;D

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1060 on: September 07, 2016, 05:27:44 PM »
Epic! And PM me as many spoiler versions as you possibly have! Don't even wait for me to request it lol

Having been told the true deaths of those I would love to call them what I am thinking but let's go with women, I agree that this would not have been the place to do it justice. As much as I adore this Forum, there are a few aspects of this story that would be entirely lacking if they had to be toned down to the PG rating required here.

I love Alec's "new" look, although, it does take a bit of getting used to, seeing him with "mortal" colouring lol even if I do know it's basically just a glamour. Will Evie be getting the glamour treatment? I really hope not, but, as always, your choices with this story have never disappointed me, well, maybe initially lol if I had a favourite, but, I got over it soon enough ;-) point being: you're fantastic and I can't wait to see the Goober Twins!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1061 on: September 07, 2016, 06:42:33 PM »
Epic! And PM me as many spoiler versions as you possibly have! Don't even wait for me to request it lol

Having been told the true deaths of those I would love to call them what I am thinking but let's go with women, I agree that this would not have been the place to do it justice. As much as I adore this Forum, there are a few aspects of this story that would be entirely lacking if they had to be toned down to the PG rating required here.

I love Alec's "new" look, although, it does take a bit of getting used to, seeing him with "mortal" colouring lol even if I do know it's basically just a glamour. Will Evie be getting the glamour treatment? I really hope not, but, as always, your choices with this story have never disappointed me, well, maybe initially lol if I had a favourite, but, I got over it soon enough ;-) point being: you're fantastic and I can't wait to see the Goober Twins!

XD Will work on that PM now along with the one to @Nienor.
I'm glad it's not upsetting to others that I just can't post certain things here. Clearly, as those who read my rewrite know, I'm not afraid to get dark when I need to but I just can't get dark and play the light juggle of 'what's forum appropriate' at the same time. I've seen stories of legacies of Evil sims who do terrible things to townspeople and that's fine. I've seen other writers get away with much worse, but the rules are just too vague.
I'm glad you like Alec! I love the new Alec... and the "mortal" coloring-thing. Mostly I was just testing it out. In the rewrite it will be more enforced that my characters won't be able to walk around without their glamour spells - it just wouldn't make sense. I'm also going to work out something to conceal the Vampire/Werewolf eye glow, as according to Lore it shouldn't be too apparent when someone is gifted with powers of some variety.
That's all rewrite territory though, if I were to implement it now it just wouldn't make sense in this version of the story. The kids have already pranced around with no concern while in their "true" forms. So in the rewrite all of the Keepers and the Reapers (post Eveline) will have glamour spells to wear when they're out and about.
I hope I never disappoint! I love hearing what my readers have to say, but at the same point I have very little control of my characters (especially Majnun *eyes him skeptically*) so if they do something I'm usually just the scribe.
So, don't kill the messenger? XD
Anyways Goober Twins still feel so far away. One really massive chapter separates us from them and I've struggled to write it. XD Working on it though!
Thank you for all the love and story support!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1062 on: September 07, 2016, 07:12:33 PM »
Oh no, Liv, I would never mean disappoint in THAT sense! Just in the sense that, I might have been supporting a particular potential heir, and another took up the mantel instead. But, like I said, that "disappointment" was usually very short lived! As an example (although I really can't remember who I initially rooted for), I would have loved to have Ed as heir, but, Mary is just as good. And without Mary, we wouldn't have Alec and Evie. And without Alec and Evie, we wouldn't have Majnun and the other nutters!

I've often thought that PG ratings actually need to be reviewed (not just here, but, in society in general). It's very few kids that haven't been exposed to violence or language or sex by the time they are pre-teens. While I know we shouldn't be "glorifying" those things, it's really hard to get away from them, since most people are online nowadays and everything can be had at a click of a mouse. And, maybe, if more safe havens like this had stories where those topics were discussed, we could stop a new generation from going down some dark roads, by showing them that, yes, all that happens, but, it's not a *struggling to find the right word I'm looking for* deal-breaker (? Is that the one? Meh, it works).

My folks always had this policy at home. If I wanted a drink, which, let's be honest, what kid hasn't been curious/tempted? I could have a small amount, as long as they were present (like maybe a beer shandy - heavy on the shandy, instead of an actual beer). Their reasoning was, they knew I would try it, so, rather have me try it in a safe environment they could control, than to have my first introductions be somewhere where things could go to heck in a heartbeat. Did I drink underage out of their sight? Sure, but, and this is the kicker, I very seldom got to the point where I was wasted (not saying it didn't happen, I'm not that much of a hypocrite), and that was because I already knew what the "fuss" was about, and it wasn't such a big deal or a forboden thing. I think, if I hadn't had that exposure, I could have gone off the rails quite easily, as I have a very addictive personality.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1063 on: September 07, 2016, 07:12:55 PM »
Another lovely update.  Manjun on the rampage killing all the gods.  That seems a bit excessive, but I'd be betting he could do it if I were a betting man.
Loved the running joke about the pancakes and explosions.  Just a nice undertone of humor in the midst of everything heavy around it.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1064 on: September 07, 2016, 07:14:33 PM »
Oh no, Liv, I would never mean disappoint in THAT sense! Just in the sense that, I might have been supporting a particular potential heir, and another took up the mantel instead. But, like I said, that "disappointment" was usually very short lived! As an example (although I really can't remember who I initially rooted for), I would have loved to have Ed as heir, but, Mary is just as good. And without Mary, we wouldn't have Alec and Evie. And without Alec and Evie, we wouldn't have Majnun and the other nutters!

I've often thought that PG ratings actually need to be reviewed (not just here, but, in society in general). It's very few kids that haven't been exposed to violence or language or sex by the time they are pre-teens. While I know we shouldn't be "glorifying" those things, it's really hard to get away from them, since most people are online nowadays and everything can be had at a click of a mouse. And, maybe, if more safe havens like this had stories where those topics were discussed, we could stop a new generation from going down some dark roads, by showing them that, yes, all that happens, but, it's not a *struggling to find the right word I'm looking for* deal-breaker (? Is that the one? Meh, it works).

My folks always had this policy at home. If I wanted a drink, which, let's be honest, what kid hasn't been curious/tempted? I could have a small amount, as long as they were present (like maybe a beer shandy - heavy on the shandy, instead of an actual beer). Their reasoning was, they knew I would try it, so, rather have me try it in a safe environment they could control, than to have my first introductions be somewhere where things could go to heck in a heartbeat. Did I drink underage out of their sight? Sure, but, and this is the kicker, I very seldom got to the point where I was wasted (not saying it didn't happen, I'm not that much of a hypocrite), and that was because I already knew what the "fuss" was about, and it wasn't such a big deal or a forboden thing. I think, if I hadn't had that exposure, I could have gone off the rails quite easily, as I have a very addictive personality.