Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3012448 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4215 on: February 19, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
Good question. I've never seen a townie do that, but it probably is possible as I've seen townies harvesting other things.

Sportsfan

« Reply #4216 on: February 19, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »
For getting best friends making groups helps a lot because you get a relationship boost when you end the group.
Also like Pam said get all the other stuff out of the way then do best friends cause they aren't that hard just take a bit of work

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4217 on: February 19, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »
Perhaps the deathflower bush was eaten by a horse or deer?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4218 on: February 19, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »
Yes, never harvested the death flower bush because...quite honestly I haven't seen it. I visit the graveyard every day and there's no bush...lots of seeds and I collect and plant them but I'm just scared, really scared that there's some kinda glitch or weird thing (wild animals eating stuff) that's gonna make it impossible for me to find that first one in the graveyard.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4219 on: February 19, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
If you're finding seeds, it should be ok. Deathflowers are a special seed that has a $0 value when trying to sell it so you should be ok. Fingers crossed you can find the seed for it.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #4220 on: February 19, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
I found a Deathflower seed the same day I harvested the actual Deathflower. My Founder, Pricilla, had the Green Thumb trait and managed to revive it, so that's three Deathflowers guarentied right there. :P

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4221 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »
Then I think its a glitch or something weird happened...all my found seeds except for a couple I've yet to see have been normal things like money trees, life fruit...and watermelon. I'd hate to fail a dynasty over something like this...so I think I might be missing something very obvious.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4222 on: February 19, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
You have found money trees and life fruit but no deathflowers? Oh man, that would be awful. I've never really heard of a glitch like that, but I've heard of plenty wacky things so maybe you could ask Metro if you can use buydebug for a deathflower?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4223 on: February 19, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
I honestly think that finding certain seeds is down to luck. I failed one of my first attempts at this challenge because I was unable to grow a life fruit in time.  Saying that I have never searched for seeds in Riverview so I don't really know.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4224 on: February 19, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »
The deathflower will just keep your immortals from being killed from accidental deaths (meteors, starvation, etc). It's sort of insurance.

I wouldn't be too super worried about not finding deathflowers at this point. Not unless you have an immortal who doesn't like to take care of himself or if your game is prone to meteors. You aren't going to fail if your Sims never have a deathflower in their inventories. It just prevents failure due to accidental death of an immortal(-to-be). Or at least that's my understanding of it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4225 on: February 19, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
Also the deathflower won't be as needed as long as you remember to feed your immortals ambrosia once a week so that they don't get near 90 days old.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4226 on: February 19, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »
Oh! The Death Flower is a /priviledge/ not a requirement to eat the Ambrosia?! I was sitting here thinking I could not have my Elder eat the ambrosia /until/ she also had a death flower available to put in her inventory as well.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4227 on: February 19, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
Right.  The only reason it's in the rules is really because you're not allowed to have one in anyone's inventory other than immortals who have eaten ambrosia.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4228 on: February 19, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
Oh thank goodness, now I can breathe! I'll still work on getting it but thank goodness.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4229 on: February 20, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »
I have never done any kind of organised challenge before, but I found this site--which I love!--and the Immortal Dynasty, and now I think I want to give it a try. I was intimidated at first but after reading such wonderful dynasties at the Mans, the Dreamweavers, and the Starrs, I am emboldened.
So I have kind of an unorthodox idea for my Dynasty--I've checked the rules and I'm sure it's allowed, but I'm not sure how well it will work.
In keeping with the royal theme of my Dynasty idea, I was considering having a Chief Royal Artist and Portrait Maker move in with my Founder at the beginning. As opposed to looking for someone to marry who has high Painting and Sculpting skill. Since I plan to have her live in Twinbrook and marry Goodwin Goode, I thought Harwood Clay would do nicely. My worry is that he will not live long enough to do the museum pieces both for the Founder and the 2nd generation heir (she is going to be the sculptor/artist for the family). SO, I came up with a weird solution. Supposing I have Harwood take the Clone Voucher and get an heir of his own, so to speak. He could teach Harwood Jr. all the necessary skills and Harwood could be the next Royal Portrait Artist. I don't want to have too many Sims in my household, so I am considering having Generation 2 marry him.
Thoughts?
Will this work? Does Harwood have good enough genes for my Dynasty? Is it too weird? Will Harwood live long enought to do his duty and train his successor? Maybe I should just have Goodwin learn enough to do G2's museum pieces :/

By samoht04