Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000759 times)

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3960 on: January 10, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »
OK I'm totally gonna try this! I have been playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 for a while but haven't ever gone deep with this game. I mean, a lot of people plan things before they play, and the only thing I've ever planned is if I want my Sim to be a guy or a girl. :S And this challenge sounds tough for me, someone who has difficulty playing without the static needs cheat. But it sounds so much fun, and the stories from the other Sims really inspired me. I am hoping I play up to the third generation at least. I got an idea for my generation too, and I'm gonna keep the guide close because a lot of the requirements here I don't even know how to do. None of my Sims have ever eaten Ambrosia or had any clue about a 'Death Flower'. o.O Although me and my Tomb raiding Sim did find a life fruit plant recently. :D

Although one problem, I want all my immortals to be females, like a totally dominating matriarchal setting. But see every pregnant Sim I ever played, 2 or 3, have always had boys. I read somewhere that someone fed Claire Ursine 10 apples so she could have a boy. How do I make sure my Sim has a girl then? Feed her a 100 grapes? :S

It annoys me really, because I always want my Sims to have a girl. I never get to play a baby girl Sim unless I adopt one or play a family that is expecting one or has one already. :[ I loved playing Pansy Prudence a lot. :D Although in the end Parker stole my heart. :] And I wanted Heather Crosby to have a girl, but then she went and had six boys. =/ [One boy first followed by twins and then triplets :P ].

I don't mind the boy Sims so much, it's just that I can't build a huge legacy dominated by women that oppress the poor men in their families if I have like one woman and about twenty boys. =/ Plus I'd need one in the seventh generation too. :D

Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Sportsfan

« Reply #3961 on: January 10, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
Eat 10  watermelons to have a girl. Good luck with the challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #3962 on: January 10, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
It's Watermelon for girls and apples for boys.

Edit: Sportsfan beat me to it. HAHA!

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3963 on: January 10, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
Thank you! 10 watermelons while she's pregnant. I guess I'll make sure it's a vegetarian dynasty, then. :P
-

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3964 on: January 10, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
You are allowed to use Edit Town to place EA buildings in your home town, but what you're suggesting kind of falls outside the intended use of Edit Town. But, maybe I already approved this at some point? I do not recall. Has anyone else done this to their WA towns?

I think it's not within the spirit of the challenge.  A player who put those buildings in vacation locations would have a definite unfair advantage.  Vacations aren't intended to have those particular activities.

Thank you! 10 watermelons while she's pregnant. I guess I'll make sure it's a vegetarian dynasty, then. :P

If you're serious about the vegetarian thing, it's not necessary at all.  The pregnant mothers only need to eat the watermelon during the pregnancy.  They can eat anything else any other time.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3965 on: January 10, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
If you're serious about the vegetarian thing, it's not necessary at all.  The pregnant mothers only need to eat the watermelon during the pregnancy.  They can eat anything else any other time.

Hmm, well now that I think about it I really like the idea. I'd like all the members of the family, or at least the immortals to have one common trait if I can pull it off. Though I'm not sure if it'd go with the theme.

And this might be a stupid question, but what the heck. Do they have to eat the watermelons as fruits? [I don't think any of my Sims has ever eaten fruits unless they were ingredients in pancakes.] Or should I have someone/her prepare watermelon pancakes, etc for her? :S
-

Sportsfan

« Reply #3966 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:34 PM »
You can just eat them by themselves which is what I usually do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3967 on: January 10, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
I've heard that eating dishes prepared with apples or watermelon "count" towards the total, but I'm not going to swear to it. (Plus, eating a fruit won't make you as full as eating a full meal, so you'll be able to eat more fruit without getting stuffed.)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3968 on: January 11, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »
Having apples or watermelon as ingredients does not count toward getting the gender you want.  Electronic Arts changed this early after the game was released.  It has to be the raw fruit.  Just have your Sim carry some in her personal inventory and any time her hunger bar starts to go down, make her eat a watermelon.  You can never give her too many, but you can give her too few.  Just 3 or 4 during the pregnancy isn't enough.  It's better to eat 10, as mentioned above.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3969 on: January 11, 2012, 01:03:26 AM »
I've heard that eating dishes prepared with apples or watermelon "count" towards the total, but I'm not going to swear to it. (Plus, eating a fruit won't make you as full as eating a full meal, so you'll be able to eat more fruit without getting stuffed.)

Well then I think I'd be safer sticking to feeding her the fruit as it is, since it works for Sportsfan too. Thank you! :]

You can never give her too many, but you can give her too few.

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind and make a plan for her I suppose. Watermelon is a big fruit so I'm not sure how that would go on her hunger bar. Also, after she's had the girl if I wanted her to have a boy, would she have to have apples then or can I just leave the pregnancy as it is and she'd have her boy? After always getting boys I sorta have this doubt that maybe Sims only have boys unless they were fed fruits. Is that the case with everybody? Or am I just special? :P 
-

Sportsfan

« Reply #3970 on: January 11, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »
It's random. So if you want a boy eat a ton of apples.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3971 on: January 11, 2012, 02:38:36 AM »
There is a 50/50 Chance of A Girl or a Boy. If your Sim eats Watermelons you are raising the chances of a Girl, if your Sim eats Apples you are raising the chances of a Boy, whilst lowering the opposite genders chance. Every Pregnancy is different and the chance is reset to 50/50 so you'd have to repeat the process. The only thing that locks the gender is the last trimester I think and having a Medical Doctor finding out what the Gender is, through the interaction..

I'm leaving it random in my Dynasty until Gen 7 which has to be a girl. You could say my Dynasty has a family trait at the moment.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3972 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:57 AM »
Hmm, I'll keep that in mind and make a plan for her I suppose. Watermelon is a big fruit so I'm not sure how that would go on her hunger bar.

It will fill her up the same as any other fruit or vegetable eaten raw.  The hunger bar fills up with 2 pieces.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3973 on: January 11, 2012, 03:50:19 AM »
Ok, I'm thinking of doing this. Or at least attempting it. It sounds hard and I've longing for a Sims 3 Challenge that is actually hard. Plus, I've never even learned the recipe for Ambrosia, let alone had a Sim eat it!

My strategy is to have each Sim try to SuperMax 2 skills each. Just in case an opportunity doesn't come up or a glitch prevents me from completing something (especially those related to travel).

It also leaves Charisma, Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening open to all Sims. Which means I can have several Sims working the gardens in order to keep the level of Ambrosia ingredients at a good level.

Generation One:
Focus on Writing and Painting with a focus on writing since Sims won't autonomously paint. And painting can be lucrative.
Career: Writer or Journalism.
LTW: If going to writer, Professional Author. If going Journalism, Star News Anchor

Generation Two:
Focus on Martial Arts and Athletic with a focus on Martial Arts. Will be trying not to max Athletic since it's not a hard one to SuperMax, but it's a good one to pair with Martial Arts in case of a travel glitch.
Career: Sports
LTW: Become Superstar Athlete (being careful to not top Athletic while doing this)

Generation Three:
Focus on Piano and Photography. Will probably make a back up save before attempting to skill Photography just in case I glitch out. Since Piano requires opportunities, I don't need photography opportunities clogging things up. Let me know if this is not allowed. I should hopefully have Athletic and Painting as possible alternatives. Will not be traveling to France until decent skilled up to try to get the Nectary as a Nectary and not a Hot Spot. Gen 2 Immortal will pick up the camera in China.
Career: Politics
LTW: Leader of the Free World

Generation Four:
Focus on Drum and Logic. Toddler will be banned from the peg board. Will be focusing on Drum in order to free up Logic since it's in so many careers.
Career: Medical (being careful to not top logic)
LTW: World Renowned Surgeon

Generation Five:
Focus on Handiness and Inventing. Will probably end up SuperMaxing Handiness since Inventing takes so long so will just be focusing on that.
Career: Science
LTW: Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder

Generation Six:
Focus on Bass and Mixology. Will primarily be focusing on Bass unless the family are celebrities or I can get into all of the clubs in order to get the drink recipes.
Career: Business
LTW: CEO of a Mega-Corporation

Generation Seven:
Focus on Nectar Making & Riding
Career: Culinary
LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Chef

Generation Eight:
Focus on Guitar and Sculpting. Yes, this means if I'm going for a high score this will put me at a disadvantage as I'll have to rely on spouses and/or spares. But I'm just doing it to finish the first go around. I'll play for score next time.
Career: Rock Star
LTW: Rock Star or maybe one of the money related ones for instant LTW satisfaction.

And just so I don't miss the gist of the major rules:

Each Immortal Candidate must:
--Top a Unique Career (may choose different branches)
--SuperMax a skill that no other Immortal or Immortal Candidate reaches Level 10 with. SuperMaxing is reaching Level 10 and completing all challenges
--Have 6 best friends at the time they eat Ambrosia for the first time. Afterward they don't have to have 6 best friends
--Have 3 LTR's that no other Immortal or Immortal Candidate has.
--Purchase one property (lot that can be upgraded like parks and beaches, right?) and purchase one building (venue). Properties must be fully upgraded.
--Achieve a Unique LTW
--Do 6 Different Opportunities (Names of the specific opportunity. Read Book opportunity for X book and Read Book opportunity for Y book are the same opportunity for this challenge. Read Book in this case is the name of the opportunity).
--A portrait of each life stage that is possible. No infant portraits for any of them and the founder will only have YA - Elder. Portrait must be done by another Sim and must be in the museum before the Sim ages to the next stage. Once placed in museum may not be replaced and you can have one portrait, sculpture, and picture per life stage in the museum.

All immortals must be alive at the end. May place Death fish in inventories after Ambrosia is eaten for the first time to make sure accidents don't kill them.

And I think that's the gist of it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3974 on: January 11, 2012, 04:11:27 AM »
@Seera:

I have a couple of comments for you.

My strategy is to have each Sim try to SuperMax 2 skills each. Just in case an opportunity doesn't come up or a glitch prevents me from completing something (especially those related to travel).

Immortal candidates can only SuperMax one skill.  If another Immortal even reaches level 10 of that same skill, it won't count as a SuperMax Skill. 

All immortals must be alive at the end. May place Death fish in inventories after Ambrosia is eaten for the first time to make sure accidents don't kill them.

It's a Deathflower that can be placed in the inventory to keep from dying in an accident.  Death Fish is an ingredient for Ambrosia.

As for your strategy for the generations, I have a spreadsheet from my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty that I've shared.  You're welcome to look at it to help you develop strategies.  Just click the tabs at the bottom of the page to go to the different generations.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything