Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979058 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8400 on: July 03, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »
Immortal Dynasty Island Paradise Decisions:

Mermaids - Mermaids have a normal lifespan which makes them automatically eligible for an Immortal Dynasty.  There is a catch, read below.

Scuba Diving Skill - Scuba Diving is an allowed supermax skill for anyone who is not a mermaid or a former mermaid. The ability to reach level 10 just by transforming into a half fish makes it way too easy.  A family of mermaids would negate the use of diving as a supermax anyway so while we're allowing mermaids, we cannot allow someone to have level 10 just because they were born. 

New Careers - Lifeguard Profession and Scuba Diver Self employment are both viable options for the career requirement.

Hidden Islands - Go .. find them.  Have fun.  The rules for private lots do not change with the expansion.

Houseboats - If you want one, buy one!  They work the same as private lots. You can own private lots but you cannot move to one. Players are offered a one time chance to place an empty houseboat at a port in Edit Town but that's your only chance so make sure it's the size you want or you'll have to buy someone else's houseboat to destroy.

LTWs, Traits and LTRs - All Lifetime wishes, traits and Lifetime Rewards are allowed.

Resorts - If a player wishes to own a resort, that is their choice.  To get access to one players will need to either place a resort from Island Paradise or convert a private lot to a resort.  No new lots can be placed to be converted by you into a resort. Resorts are not business or properties so they don't count for those requirements.  There is also no career associated with resorts.

Dive Lots -  Due to the fact that it's glitchy and requires lots of cheating to place a lot somewhere other than IP, dive lots are not allowed to be placed in other worlds.

Dynasty Lots - There are two immortal Dynasty lots available to players in Isla Paradiso -- 15 Dolphin Lane and 77 Paradise Road.

Lot Designations - The list of available lots that can have their lot designations changed within the current Edit Town rules are:
Petite Park, Ichtaca Community Garden, Rebecca's Cafe, Island Jewel Park, Paradise Pub, Beso De Sol Garden.

It has recently come to the team's attention that having deathflower seeds in your inventory can be used to stay off death.  A big thank you to turoskel for doing all the testing. From now on, the challenge teams asks that special seeds not be kept in the inventories of non-immortals or pre-Ambrosia immortals-to-be due to the possibility of it saving a Sim's life. You can collect the seeds and have them in your inventory to plant them but if you're not going to plant them immediately, place them on the floor, in a cabinet/chest or in the fridge (if possible).
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8401 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »
Cool cool, I've been impatiently waiting patiently  ;D

Just to clarify the Houseboat thing - while in Edit Town plopping down the extra lots you want that don't auto-place, you can go ahead and plop down the empty houseboat of the size/shape you want, even if you aren't going to buy it until later (end of Gen 1, start of Gen 3, etc). Correct?

(I haven't played with any of the land houses and then tried to buy a houseboat later, so I want to make sure.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8402 on: July 03, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »
You can place an empty houseboat even if you aren't going to buy it until later yes.  Remember there are houseboats available around town that are also available for purchase.

This seems to be the only way to get an empty houseboat after the start of the game.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8403 on: July 03, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
Ah, perfect. I shall keep that in mind. *confetti*

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #8404 on: July 03, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
Has the unbearably-slow skilling glitch been fixed with installation of IP?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8405 on: July 03, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »
I haven't been able to recreate it at this time.  It seems to only happen half the time in the same file which is odd.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8406 on: July 03, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
I haven't run into the glitch at all, neither old nor new files. If that helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #8407 on: July 03, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »
I had it happen pre-installation in a game with a sim who hadn't been affected before: she learned toddler skills at a normal rate, fishing as a child, but after her teenage birthday it took her two days of non-stop research and experiments to reach the first level of the science skill. I'm about to open up the game and see if it's been fixed, so . . . fingers crossed!

Edit: Yes! So far as I can tell, it worked! *happy dance*
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8408 on: July 03, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
Well now I know what the IP rules are I can get back to my game, don't think any of that will make much difference to me, don't get many sims drowning in the river in Riverview, says me but there's a lot of drowned sims in the graveyard so maybe they do ???

I don't see any mention of the seed rules you said you would be posting with it though Rica.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8409 on: July 03, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »
See I knew I would forget something.   It was a footnote in my notebook and I forgot to type it out.  Taking care of that.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #8410 on: July 03, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
I have a few questions.

Ok so...

1) You wouldn't be able to supermax the diving skill If you weren't in Isla Paradisa right(because of dive lots)?

2) You wouldn't be able to find uncharted islands if you weren't in Isla Paradisa right?

3)This might be covered in the Edit Town rules so I apologize if they are but... When you place lots, are you alod to place them in any town, and are you allowed to place any EA lot or just certain ones. I have always been a tad confused about this. Like per say  are you aloud to place the Martial arts garden, nectary, or a random lot only found in one/ a few towns but not yours.

4) Lastly, You say you can place a houseboat, but aren't ports except in Isla Paradisa. Therefore you can or can't place a port to place a houseboat if you aren't in that world. Another words it's only possible to own a houseboat in Isla Paradisa. 

Thank you, and sorry for all the questions. I sincerely apologize if some answers are directly in the rules, if so direct me there. Thank you very much! :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8411 on: July 03, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »

Yes most of these are covered in the rules. 

1 - Correct.  Diving wouldn't be a viable supermax outside of Isla Paradiso because of the diving spots.

2 - Correct.  Unless there have been some major geography changes, I've never seen a hidden island in any of the other worlds.

3 - Definitely covered in the rules.

4 - Covered by the Edit Town rules.   

I will take a moment to explain while you take a moment to catch up on the rules.

3 -You are allowed to place EA made lots in towns that don't normally have that type of lot.  So placing a consignment shop in Dragon Valley or placing a performance park in Riverview or even putting a bar in Lunar Lakes.    There are restrictions on travel lots that can be placed and they are very much spelled out in the Edit Town post that is linked in the rules.

4 - EA made ports so that should be covered with the above on what is actually allowed and where.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #8412 on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »
Ok thank you. I figured most would be in the rules. And this confirmed I needed a refresher before I got started. I will post any further questions I have after reading. Thank you so much!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8413 on: July 03, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
No problem.

Remember - while we don't mind answering questions, if you know you need to read the rules, it's just plain courteous to read the rules first and then tell us you don't understand.  Otherwise it makes it feel like all the work we put into keeping the rules current and understandable is wasted time and effort.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #8414 on: July 03, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
Ok I am sorry.  I should have read them first. I apologize. Believe me, I very much so value all the work done by you, the other moderators, pam, carl, and metro. This forum is amazing it also amazes me how you guys put so much work into it. This won't happen again, it was a slip up on my part. Sorry !:) Please forgive me, as I look up to you all! :) Have a great day, and I'll ask any questions if I have them after reading. :)

Edit because no one posted in between:

Ok I am a tad confused about a few things:

"Am I allowed to choose an empty lot and place a rabbit hole on it to get access to the new career?" The answer is no but aren't you allowed as it says here :"When I get a new expansion, can I place the new buildings into my town or do I have to wait?" Answer being yes. Wouldn't that include new career's and therefore you would be placing a new career lot on an empty one. I am kind of confused as I understood you could place career lots/ rabbit holes on an empty lot. Wouldn't there always be a copy in the bin.

In the list of lots you gave at the end you say you can give them a Lot Destination Change. Does that mean only moving/adding them if you are playing that world? Or they are free to add to any world.

Can I change an empty residential lot to an empty community lot, then place something on it?

What classifies as an small park and undesignated lot?

Once a private lot is changed to a resort can it be changed back? Also when buying your property for each immortal is that considered a private lot and can be changed. Or is there no option to change it into a resort?

An example to make sure I am understanding this right:

When deleting the horse center in SV if I wanted to replace it and no lots were open I would have to either 1) make a new lot 2) Move something to another lot and place it. Or is option 2 not allowed?

Sorry if my questions seem inexperienced. But, I promise I just read the rules. I am just not familiar at all with Edit Town. I only ever go in and play a game without changing anything.

If something I asked is in right in the rules I am either not understanding the terminology or missed it (which I doubt, but is possible).

This is one of my many try's that I am getting ready for and I really hope to succeed therefore I am asking many questions making sure I got it all strait before I start.

Another question, if I place the nectary for example is it possible to buy a nectar making skill object from the register or would I still have to travel to France.

I will reread again tonight to see if I have any further questions. But I just read it now and these are the questions I have.

Sorry that was a lot of questions  :-[

Thank you so much. :)