Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978755 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8550 on: August 05, 2013, 09:58:32 PM »
Having a child isn't necessarily a requirement for having ambrosia. It has to happen before ambrosia for females just because they can't have biological children as elders, but male immortals can take all the time they need to bring in the next generation.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Insomaniac

• Nooboo
« Reply #8551 on: August 05, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »
Thanks! Poor old Agnes, doomed to be childless. But hey, I replaced her car and let her keep her personality and hairstyle!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Simderella

« Reply #8552 on: August 06, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »
In The Jade Dynasty - Curse of the Unicorn comment section, @samoht04 and @Rhoxi mentioned a tactic that helps preserve/encourage the inheritance of distinctive features throughout several generations.

... I currently have nearly 20 eye colours saved that are bold colours or bright, Rosa's is one of them. As is the red, the trick is to have enough custom colours to outnumber the defaults that way they're more likely to go for the custom ones. The only thing is that you have to get through the pre-mades first before SP makes some new sims...

... Plus, I love me some rainbow sims! Good call about saving eye colors. I have yellow saved now, so sometimes I see that pop up. Hm, maybe I should save a bunch of colors like you did...

This seems like a fantastic way to keep the genetic pool varied and interesting when playing this challenge. I just want to ask for clarification: should all custom skins, eye colors, etc. be created and saved when making the founder in CAS or can this be done during gameplay once the dynasty is already underway? If so, how?

Also, are there other acceptable methods we can use to combat the NPC genetic homogeneity?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8553 on: August 06, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »
The way that Thomas and Rhoxi are doing it is by having a spare with the appropriate skin color mate around and then only the children with a different skin color are being cloned to be used.  That's pretty much the only acceptable ways other than moving in someone and father children around town.  Because once they are in the house they can't move out so that's the key to watch out for.

There is no way to change someone's eye color or skin color in an immortal dynasty once you start the game.  You just have to go with what the game gives you.   That's why my Life States speed run used Dragon Valley - all the townies were multicolored.

Also if you want eyes to be picked up around town they have to be saved in CAS prior to the NPC being created.  Once you've started the dynasty, the only way to save eyes and such is in other games.  Thomas and I both have eye colors already saved. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Simderella

« Reply #8554 on: August 07, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
Thanks so much for that explanation, @Ricalynn. I wasn't even aware that custom clothing and features saved in CAS could influence the makeup of NPCs spawned as the game progresses. It's surprising how many unexplored components of TS3 have been unveiled to me in just preparing for this challenge. I appreciate you outlining possible approaches and I'll be sure to exercise caution when using any of the methods you listed.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #8555 on: August 09, 2013, 01:57:21 AM »
Are people experiencing huge lags on IP or is it a good choice for a dynasty file?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8556 on: August 09, 2013, 02:50:49 AM »
Are people experiencing huge lags on IP or is it a good choice for a dynasty file?
Personally, I love Isla Paradiso but I have experienced serious lags from the beginning of the file. In Sunset Valley, the lags are starting to come in now that generation 3 is a child. I would avoid Isla Paradiso so the dynasty won't be completely unplayable by the end of the first immortal.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8557 on: August 09, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
Hey, you know that problem I used to run into where one of my sims would disappear from my UI? Well, apparently my game still likes throwing it at me, and my founder was unceremoniously dropped from my UI when I loaded the file this afternoon. Woe is me! Can I go back to my backup?

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8558 on: August 11, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »
I'm guessing that the dares/day jobs/social group jobs don't count for black ops do they?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8559 on: August 11, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »
Correct. They don't count as ops in the Immortal Dynasty.

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8560 on: August 12, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
Thank you, I didn't think so but just double checking.  ;D

Offline Lissa

• Nooboo
  • Watching those Sims
« Reply #8561 on: August 12, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »
Hi, I have a question to ask about my current attempt. Right now, I am experiencing a bug that causes my sims to be unable to go into rabbit holes. This is in monte vista,
and how can I correct this?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8562 on: August 12, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »
Is it just one certain rabbithole? There's one rabbithole in Monte Vista that's been bugged since patch 1.55 (not sure which one; I don't have Monte Vista). This is due to its entrance being less than 3 tiles away from the edge of the lot.

The cleanest fix is to move the rabbithole object so that the entrance is more than 3 tiles away from the edge of the lot, but that requires either cheats or Edit Town, and both of those solutions absolutely cannot be implemented without explicit permission from one of the challenge coordinators.

Offline Lissa

• Nooboo
  • Watching those Sims
« Reply #8563 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
I think it is the one rabbithole, I am not sure. I stopped playing that save file for the day so I will see. Thank you for that information!

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #8564 on: August 13, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »
I have another question!

In my test, I've managed to make it to generation 6 and gen 7 is currently a toddler. I know that the spouse has to be apart of the household when conception occurs, but how does this work with Gen 7?

In my experience, my sims never conceive when the household is full. So how does that work?
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.