Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 14305 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 04:38:03 AM »
For those who are planing to use photography in Lucky Palms, the diner in Lucky Palms doesn't register, tested it quite a few times.
It won't pose a problem for me since I wasn't planing on using the challenge requiring completed categories, I'll just get an extra from somewhere else.

Offline silversim2

• Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 01:32:27 AM »
I haven't tried this yet but if you are using a gardener and want to complete the skill challenges, then grow all the herbs because nearly all of them are available at level 1, and you can complete the Master Planter challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 06:51:36 AM »
For those who are planing to use photography in Lucky Palms, the diner in Lucky Palms doesn't register, tested it quite a few times.
It won't pose a problem for me since I wasn't planing on using the challenge requiring completed categories, I'll just get an extra from somewhere else.

Any diner that isn't the generic rabbithole diner object used in Sunset Valley doesn't register. Barnacle Bay and Twinbrook have the same issue, as well as any town with the diner in a combined rabbithole.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 02:31:12 AM »
I've had this issue with the spa in some towns - the camera doesn't register the spa as a subject. Also, after Patch 1.63, the Nectary subject no longer exists - trying to take a photo of the Nectary gives you the Hotspot subject instead. :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 06:41:03 AM »
The Nectary bug has been around since Late Night. The trick is to get it on your first day ever in France, before 5PM.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »
When moving to the new world, make note of the household name, since familyfunds uses that and not necessarily the family's last name.

My household started off as the Wind household - later, after the two CAS founders married, I gave them hyphenated names. When I moved to the next town, the familyfunds cheat worked for the Wind household, and not the hyphenated last name of Wind-Padilla.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
As far as I know, the game never changes household names, no matter what happens to the surnames of its inhabitants.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »
I'm shocked no one mentioned orb of answers yet. Gives LTHP and money.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 01:16:15 AM »
Yes, did that for my Domination Dynasty - the couple rolled the orb until it gave a yes answer and they threw wishes to be worth more than $300000. Unfortunately, my protest moodlet for double LTH faded just as I used the Midas Touch and I lost double Lifetime Wish happiness points because they were fulfilled before I found out that the moodlet was gone. :(

The Orb wishes are still there, so I can still cash in if I can get a dusty lamp.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »
I mentioned this in my 4x4 Witness Protection, but thought I would repeat it here. A sports writer makes an ideal moving heir. They get so many large wishes that my writer had accumulated over 200k in LTH points by moving time and was making over 70k per week in royalties.