Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 886771 times)

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
Re: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)
« Reply #1650 on: January 24, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
Pam, you have so gotta do a new story. The dreamweavers were awesome!  :)

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #1651 on: January 24, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
Brilliant ending to a brilliant story!

I wondering if you were going to post any pictures of the final Dreamweaver house?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mespunky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1652 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »
I loved the ending! It was simply Brilliant!

But I have a question. Would it be a possibility to upload your dynasty house, to the Swap Shop or something?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1653 on: January 24, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »
Aww it's over, or is it?  :) I hope not. Maybe you should start a Dreamweaver Sage?  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1654 on: January 24, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
Thank you so much for the beautiful story Pam.
I'm going to miss the Dreamweavers!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #1655 on: January 24, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
Love it how you brought the story full circle!  Now what am I going to read with my morning coffee?? lol

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1656 on: January 24, 2011, 07:21:57 PM »
What a fabulous story Pam, and what a heartwarming ending!  Midnight was well worth the wait... ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #1657 on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
Congratulations Pam, that was simply incredible! How long did you have the Midnight story planned out for?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1658 on: January 24, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
Congrats Pam.  I may not have posted much, but I read all of it and yes, with morning coffee, lol. ;)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #1659 on: January 24, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
I've got a question. Is red Midnight's real hair color?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1660 on: January 24, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
Ok, my questions. How did you get Scarlet and Cinnamon to die in the first place? We all saw them take pills, but how did they die? That being said, congratulations on finishing and it was an amazing story. I will seriously miss the Dreamweavers!

The pill came from Cinnamon being a doctor.  There's an interaction for her to "Give Experimental Treatment" and she hands over the giant pill.  I had to get her back to the Medical career to make that happen.  Once she had retired, the interaction was no longer available.  So, she rejoined her career just so I could write that one scene.  The actual death was done with testingcheats turned on.  I paused, shift-clicked and selected Trigger Age Transition on both of them, then clicked play and Grim came for both of them at the same time.

Aww it's over, or is it?  :) I hope not. Maybe you should start a Dreamweaver Sage?  :D

No, it's over.  It takes a lot of time and effort to keep something like this going.  I don't think it would be as interesting without the Dynasty restrictions in place, anyway.

Brilliant ending to a brilliant story!

I wondering if you were going to post any pictures of the final Dreamweaver house?

Sure.  I'll put together a final tour of the house.

I loved the ending! It was simply Brilliant!

But I have a question. Would it be a possibility to upload your dynasty house, to the Swap Shop or something?

I've thought about it, but I'm leaning away from it because the lot is so huge and is packed with so many items that it's difficult to play.  It's got very long loading times.  Any time I move away from the lot, it takes about 5 minutes for everything to render again.  Even if all I do is send someone to the bookstore.  However, I'm going to upload the customized furniture items and the individual Dreamweavers themselves as young adults.  They will be exclusive to our Swap Shop.

Congratulations Pam, that was simply incredible! How long did you have the Midnight story planned out for?

I started writing about Midnight as soon as I thought of the idea.  So, I guess it was around the time Scarlet was born.  When I first thought of it, I didn't really know how it would turn out.  It evolved in my head over time.  Notice that I never capitalized "midnight" until she was actually born.  Until that moment, midnight could have been anything as far as the readers knew.

I've got a question. Is red Midnight's real hair color?

No, she was born with black and pink tips like Forest.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1661 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »
Many questions, but two for now.

One: Was this the plan that you had when you first mentioned midnight about 100 pages ago?

Two: Is that the second family that you have moved to mosquito cove?

Three: (I lied. I meant three questions) Were you in cahoots with Joria this whole entire time?

Thanks for the story. It was a great, long, dramatic ride. If you ever need a new profession, you should seriously consider becoming a writer.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1662 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
One: Was this the plan that you had when you first mentioned midnight about 100 pages ago?

No.  It grew and evolved quite a bit along the way. 

Two: Is that the second family that you have moved to mosquito cove?

No, they were the only ones I've moved to Mosquito Cove.  Normally, I hate that lot, but Joria turned it into a beautiful place for Periwinkle and Oliver to live.

Three: (I lied. I meant three questions) Were you in cahoots with Joria this whole entire time?

No, not at all.  My idea was to surprise the builders of these houses by letting them see them in my story without warning.  Joria, lilygirl, and samoht04 were the only regular readers who also build houses that I could see.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1663 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »
And we were greatly honored that you used our humble creations or recreations as the case may be.  That was a truly wonderful story Pam.  Thank you so much for going through all it took to make it.

Where did Midnight get her cute dress?  I'm assuming you changed some items to fit her color scheme.

Did ALL the Dreamweavers move out, or is Forest, Midnight and others still living there?  And why would they want to stay in such a huge mansion if there isn't a full house?  Or are they planning on making it full again?  Midnight might just like to have a mommy around.

I know it was mostly fun for you to write and do all this, but honestly, isn't it also a relief to be done?  I'm rather looking forward to that myself, although I really do drag the story out a lot.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1664 on: January 25, 2011, 12:22:12 AM »
Where did Midnight get her cute dress?  I'm assuming you changed some items to fit her color scheme.

Both the dress and skirt/hoodie outfit came from the Sims 3 store.  I recolored all of her clothing to Midnight Blue (hex code 000044).

Did ALL the Dreamweavers move out, or is Forest, Midnight and others still living there?  And why would they want to stay in such a huge mansion if there isn't a full house?  Or are they planning on making it full again?  Midnight might just like to have a mommy around.

Carina, Christopher, Forest, Elsa, and Midnight all live in the family mansion.  Midnight does have her mommy (Elsa) and she's pregnant with Midnight's little brother or sister, as you can see from the last screenshots.  :)

I know it was mostly fun for you to write and do all this, but honestly, isn't it also a relief to be done?  I'm rather looking forward to that myself, although I really do drag the story out a lot.

It was great fun, but yes, I'm relieved to be done.  It was very distracting and I have a number of projects for the Guide on my To Do list that I can hopefully work on now.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog