Author Topic: The Royal Flush: Sunset Valley's Handyman Championships  (Read 49492 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Royal Flush: Sunset Valley's Handyman Championships
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »
Now time was nearly running from me, I have been really far away since Monday to go to a jobinterview, and I got the job! Yay!
But now I need to send in the results from Delta Stars, else we both would be sad that I didn't do it in time :)

Objects upgraded: 62 62x1000 = 62000
Unique upgrades: 30 30x3000 = 90000

Total: 62000+90000 = 152000

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »
Lena, grats on a great score as always, and more importantly, and landing your new job. :) Did you tell your boss you're a world champion? That probably did it, right?  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2014, 05:34:27 PM »
@ LenaLJ - Grats on the new job. I am glad your interview worked out so well.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »
Congratulations on the New Job, Lena.

Congratulations everyone on your scores, Sunset Valley will be better off after our collective efforts, I am sure.

Offline wolvie19

• Nooboo
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
This one didn't go as well as I planned but I am determined to actually complete the challenges this year.

Objects upgraded 29 X 1,000 = 29,000
Unique upgrades  33 X 3,000 = 33,000
Total 62,000

This challenge went so much better in my head ::)

Correction:
Objects upgraded 29 X 1,000 = 29,000
Unique upgrades 11 X 3,000 = 33,000
Total 62,000

Offline halls

• Nooboo
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:43 PM »
I decided to participate at the last minute! 9:48 PM here.

My sim, Anne Handy, finished with 32 total upgrades ($32,000) and 22 unique upgrades ($66,000) for a total of $98,000.

I wish I had to decided to participate earlier, I could've used some practice first!

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
Should've practiced more, can't wait to see the top strategies!

Uniques: 30 x 3 = 90000
Total upgrades: 52 x 1000 = 52000

Total: 142,000

Edit: I didn't realize the forum clock was a few minutes ahead of my own. If I posted too late, please disregard my score  :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2014, 03:45:32 AM »
Should've practiced more, can't wait to see the top strategies!

Uniques: 30 x 3 = 90000
Total upgrades: 52 x 1000 = 52000

Total: 142,000

Edit: I didn't realize the forum clock was a few minutes ahead of my own. If I posted too late, please disregard my score  :-[

It is ok Niana, you are fine with the couple min past for trying to post. I have done it once or twice in the past trying to post also. My forum clock is off as well.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Congratulations to Elena on a great score and a special tip of the hat to the challenge team's very own Blackrosea for a fantastic score as well. Great participation in this first event of the 2014 season. Thanks, everyone.

Everyone is now free to share in detail how they tackled this event.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »
Great job everyone that participated in this challenge. I am glad to see so many entries in the challenge :)

Offline Canucklehead044

• Nooboo
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »
Can't wait to read some of the strategy that was implemented in this challenge! I didn't practice for this one and I didn't use any strategy. I just had my sim run around upgrading as many items as he possibly could! Also, I had my Sim do as many unique upgrades (that I knew about) as soon as he was at a high enough skill level.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Now that the challenege is over, I'm curious if anyone else had items that should have been upgradable but weren't.  For me, both the doorbell and the dartboard refused to offer their upgrades, though in my practice game when I tried out a witch, they were both 'magically' upgradable.  But since witch upgrades didn't count towards the skill listing, I dropped the witchiness for the scored run.  Those items even as a non-witch still didn't give me the upgrade option, though they're supposed to be upgradable.

Also, is the Whoowhoo 4000 supposed to count as an upgrade?  I was able to get the fire alarm upgrade, but upgrading the HP on the truck didn't register.

Look forward to hearing the master strategissts!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »
I went as a normal sim. I set up on the empty lot next to the Bunch house. I gave my sim a bedroll. I did not build a thing on the lot at this stage. Can't recall my traits at the moment off the top of my head, apart from the handy trait, I probably also gave him the bookworm trait. I also can't recall my sim's LTW. (I will check both when I'm next on my simming computer.)

I sent him next door to harvest fruit from the Bunch front yard (food), and then off to undertake a class in the handiness skill and then sent him to the library to read up further on handiness. After getting handiness high enough, I went and did what upgrades I could in the library, sleeping in the sleeping bag and eating the fruit as my needs dictated.

After I repeated upgrading items around town in other public locations (going for as many unique upgrades as possible), I joined the fire fighter career. I spent (wasted) time in the career, actually fighting fires, but it meant I became friends with people and was invited inside and could do quickish upgrades inside their house.

Once I had been around town and did all of the upgrades I could do without having to purchase items to be upgraded (and also was high enough in the Fire Fighter Career to do all the fire station upgrades), I resigned from the fire fighter career and returned my sim to my home lot and purchased what items I needed to do further unique upgrades - fireplace, stove, umbrella, dart board, bowling lane, water trough etc and did those.

I referenced http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Handiness in my planning and playing through of this challenge.

In other files in Sunset Valley, there had been two alien crafts in the parking lot of the police station. Unfortunately, they weren't there in this game file, so I couldn't try to do that.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
My front door was also refusing to be upgraded. But once I bought the "inappropriate in a good way" LTR I was able to upgrade the doorbell at a townie house. As well as other objects there.

My main gripe is that I forgot that the fire extinguisher wasn't an object but that you had to click your sim in order to upgrade it...

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
Re Front Door Upgrades ... If you have any bathroom objects in the room behind it, it can't be upgraded as a front door. I discovered that in one of my many immortal dynasty attempts with an all-in-one bathroom in the front 'foyer' area.

anything