Author Topic: The Perfect Challenge  (Read 66872 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: The Perfect Challenge
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »
Nope, one return trip levelled my test sim :( I even made sure he didn't use anything in the future. I chose 'run here' to make sure he didn't even take a hover car or monorail. He didn't complete any opportunities, not even the one to pick up the power cells.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 06:52:29 AM »
Nope, one return trip levelled my test sim :( I even made sure he didn't use anything in the future. I chose 'run here' to make sure he didn't even take a hover car or monorail. He didn't complete any opportunities, not even the one to pick up the power cells.

I did a little test and simply went to the future and then immediately went back home and did not gain a AT skill level. But, I may have to test some more and stay longer and actually do the things I would want to do for the purposes of this challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »
There has been some confusion as to what to look for with some types of plants when scoring, so I clarified things:

Plants. Open up your Sim’s Gardening Skill Journal (ignore the Collecting Tab)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »
I can confirm that just traveling to the future and back to fish or collect doesn't level up Adv Tech - unless of course you start using the jetpack, etc once you get there.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
One more clarification —

Recipes. Unfortunately, the game does not track how many different perfect recipes you have created in the Cooking Skill Journal, so you will have to do this yourself. Give yourself 1000 points for each different perfect recipe. If the same recipe has variations because of different ingredients (i.e. apple pancakes vs. banana pancakes) you only give yourself credit for one recipe.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
Perhaps a utopian future increases the skill more? Because I swear my sim ran everywhere. I wouldn't want to risk even once if it ruins my challenge file. Also, you need to … [edit—MM]. Metropolis Man, if you want me to discuss more send me a PM so I don't discuss strategy here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
A new ban was added today:

• No moving, no additional homes (home town or vacation) and no purchasing any Real Estate (residential, buildings or property).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
Metro, you're killing me!! I think I need to stop PMing you guys ;)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
Why no real estate? Does that include resorts?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
@_Annika_

Metro has his reasons to banned real estate.  Yes, that include resorts, no resorts.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
Note: I am heading out of town for a week, so please remember to include ALL the team (me, ratchie, Nutella, and Blackrosea) in any PMs you may have concerning this event. Thank you. I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 12:37:45 AM »
This is the first challenge I did on this site, so I'm thrilled to be trying it again!

Offline JainDo

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 01:52:47 PM »
I may have missed this part, but are there any restrictions on lot size/season settings etc?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
Lot size as well as seasonal settings are by player discretion.

The rule about, season as well as, lunar phase and memories is that each player decided at the beginning of each save file how to set these things, and you can not change them later in the file.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 03:12:46 PM »
I may have missed this part, but are there any restrictions on lot size/season settings etc?

Welcome to the forum JainDo. I hope you enjoy participating in this years challenges.

You must have all settings to how you would like them before starting your scoring file. They can not be changed after you have started. In this challenge you can pick your own lot, but you can not move.

anything