Author Topic: EP question  (Read 2615 times)

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
EP question
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »
Sorry for the repost, should have posted here orriginally.

So I've looked everywhere and nobody has answered a few questions I need to know before I decide to buy the EPs. I'm only new to Sims on the PC as I prefer consols, but got hooked on Sims 3 and want to buy the EPs. I would love it if someone could answer my question(s) as they're killing me.

If I wanted to play World Adventures and later decided to play Into the Future, how does that work? Do I have to start an entirely new game and just import the house, rinse and repeat for future EPs? Or can I just move using a cellphone? I keep getting conflicting information...

Another thing is University Life and how the degrees work. Lets say you get a degree and move the sim to another EP, what is the effect? Do you keep or lose the additional trait?

Hope someone can answer this for me!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: EP question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »
World Adventures and Into the Future are travel locations, whatever family you are playing at the time can travel there via cell phone for China, Egypt and France or by the time portal for Oasis Landing, so you could visit all four in one game, or just some, it's up to you.

You can purchase vacation homes using the phone in all of them, for the first three you need to go adventuring until you get a level 3 visa but for Oasis landing if you have the money you can do that straight away, there is also no time limit in the future so you could live there indefinitely if you wanted, it doesn't have all the rabbit holes for jobs and no school though.

If you move town via the cell phone your sim will have all the traits, skills, degrees and even job they had in the old town, they just lose any relationships with sims outside the household in the previous town, alternatively you can save them to the household bin in edit town and they will still keep their traits degree and skills when you place them again. But as before no ties outside the household and also no job this way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
Okay so I used alike samples without knowing it... So I can go from the base game to Island Paradise with a click of a button is what you're saying, right? Great news as that's a deal breaker for me. Thanks for clearing that up!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »
Yes, say you start in Sunset Valley but fancy a change you can use the phone to move town, you need 20,000 minimum in funds to do it that way or just use the edit town method and save them to the bin then start a new game in Isla Paradiso and place them yourself.

Practically everything in each ep is available anywhere you live though, supernaturals spawn in all towns if you turn them on in your settings, mermaids do too but you cannot turn those on and off. There are community buildings in edit town mode you can place in towns that don't have them, such as the ambitions and showtime lots, some but not all get autoplaced for you when you start a new game, including the festival lot if you have seasons. You cannot dive anywhere but Isla Paradiso though.

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
Okay okay. So here's a scenario; I go from town A to town B to town A. Has the town reset or will any changes I made save?

Not that it matters, I just like to know what to expect.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:07 AM »
The EPs are accumulative. You are only moving to a new town. When your family moves, they lose any current wishes and opportunities ( they keep their life time wishes). Any time you move to a town, it starts out fresh. If you move from town A to town B and back to town A, town A will be fresh - just like at the beginning of a new file. None of the changes you previously made will be there.

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »
What a waste. But I guess you can save lots. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 01:25:20 PM »
Yes, and although I've never done this, I think if you were playing let's say Jamie Jolina in SV and moved away and back again, you could run into your younger self.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:46 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, sobadnomad.

You're getting good and accurate information from Turoskel and KRae.  I hope it's helping you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, sobadnomad.

You're getting good and accurate information from Turoskel and KRae.  I hope it's helping you.  :)

It is, but I've run into a major problem. I can't finish creating a sim without it freezing, nor can I start with a preset family.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
I've never had this problem, but if you make a new post on the technical board, I'm sure someone will try to help you.

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
I had the same issues so I save my sims to the folder icon from the options on the side of the sim icon. If it froze I would at lest have a sim or two saved. I don't know about preset families because I don't use them.