Author Topic: No Community Lot Names...???  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
No Community Lot Names...???
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
Hello there,

first I wanna apologize for directly asking a question as a total newbie. But I'm confused and frantic about this problem since nobody elsewhere in the Sims 3 community seems to give me an answer.

My problem is that I've installed Ambitions for the first time and after I've started Twinbrook I realized that some of the community lots (Medical Center, Diner, Restaurant, a park) have no names. They're simply called "Community Lot" with no description. I've read a similar problem here in another thread, but the solution there can't help in my case because my game is freshly installed with no Mods and no CC. Total Vanilla Version. So I really don't know what's wrong.

Anyone who can help? It would be sooo great!

Installed EPs are: Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons

Help is much appreciated.
Thank you.  :)
Something wrong with my English grammar?
Yes? Then it's because it's not my native language.

^_^

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: No Community Lot Names...???
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:41 PM »
Hi Seablah,

This problem is totally stumping me. But I've got an idea to try. Have you tried creating a new game in Twinbrook to see if that'll help?

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »
First of all, welcome to our Forum, Seablah.  Second, please don't apologize for being a newbie or asking questions.  We've all been exactly where you are and you can ask about anything you need help with.  :)

I agree with MrsFlynn that you should try starting a new game.  Also, be sure to restart the game.  It could be simply that the game needs to reset itself.  Let us know how it works out.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »
Hi MrsFlynn & Pam,  :D

thanks a lot for your replies, the welcome and your kind words! It's actually a relief to read that we're on the same side. (I've often experienced negative stuff around the Sims 3 community. So, once bitten, twice shy.)  :-[

Ok, back to topic.
I've tried a new game, of course. Several times. No difference. I even uninstalled and reinstalled all EPs, SPs and the Base Game, I've cleaned the registry, restarted the computer, installed everything again in the right order, fully patched ... no difference! The problem still exists, but only in Twinbrook. Other worlds are alright.
But the really weird thing is that it's partly only in "Edit Town" mode. As soon as I'm in "Live" mode it seems that all buildings have names, buuut not the same as the few that have names in "Edit Town".
Some examples:
- School is named Westlake School in "Edit Town" and Stary Commmunity School in "Live" mode
- Military base is named Military Base of Hollowlog in "Edit Town" and Sims in Arms Military Base in "Live"
- City Hall is named Community Lot in "Edit Town" and "City Hall" in "Live"
- The Little Corsican Bistro in "Live" is also just Community Lot in "Edit Town"
same is with the Twinbrook Foundation Hospital
- and the High Products Business Building in "Live" has in fact the name of a park in "Edit Town"  :o

I'm stumped, too.  :-\

EDIT: I've read in another forum that my "problem" isn't actually a problem. It's allegedly normal says it there. Hm. Weird. *even more confused* lol

^_^

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »
We're thinking ?? it maybe an EA oversight? As it's happening in our game as well. We did a uninstall/reinstall in Dec. and just updated to patch 1.67 today (Hubby's computer).

What it shows in-game - If you're in edit town mode the buildings normally marked with an orange/red icon are simply labeled community lot (e.g.) City Hall, Military base, bookstore, etc.

In map (Live) view, the building have their normal names.

So it looks like it's a normal thing for some of the buildings not to have names in edit town mode.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »
Wow, that's weird, isn't it?  :o Though it's good to know that it's not only me who has that problem. Sure, it's totally not fine that you're having the same strange stuff going on, but at least it shows us that it's not a real bug or something. Phew.

It's still odd, though. But, okay, I can accept that as long as it's nothing serious resp. a bug. ^^

Thanks a lot again! I really appreciate your help and replies!  :D

^_^

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Yep, it's not a bug, It's just one of those EA hiccups. I'm happy we could help. :)

MrsFlynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 03:43:04 AM »
The buildings do have different names to their lots, too. Like in Sunset Valley, the lot with the grocery store is Mirabella Plaza or something like that. If you click on a wall or roof, you get the option to visit <insert lot name>. Some rabbithole buildings have tags that override the lot tags, so that is the reason that you will see the rabbithole name instead of the lot name.

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »
MrsFlynn,
the EA hiccups, oh yes. We're getting used do it, right? Well, I really thank you for the help. I know I've said that already, but ... yeah. ;D

Hello Annika!
Thanks a lot as well for the information. :) I really haven't realized that everything's so messy with the buildings. Maybe my Sims should go out more often. They hardly use the Community Lots which is the reason for my lack of infos about those EA problems.

Many greetings,
Seablah

^_^

anything