Author Topic: Hopecarver Life States Dynasty - No Story/Speed Run - COMPLETE  (Read 7327 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Hopecarver Life States Dynasty - No Story/Speed Run - COMPLETE
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
Congrats on finishing! And I'm very jealous of anyone who gets their last heir on the first try. :P

I'm also moving this to the Completed Dynasties board.
I was so insanely happy, you have no idea. I about cried. I already knew it was going to be a struggle with the Imaginary Friend versus Genie thing going on, but fates worked in my favor! I got that camera out and went "OH MY GOSH! Imaginary friend! Holy Cow!"

Thank you kindly for moving it. :) I'm so happy, my first completed Dynasty.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
Congrats Livvie!  So glad you triumphed over all the horrible bugs and glitches!  I might have thrown something through my computer screen about that time XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
Congrats Livvie!  So glad you triumphed over all the horrible bugs and glitches!  I might have thrown something through my computer screen about that time XD
Thank you! :)
You have no idea how tempted I was. I was literally going to bed when the worst crash happened. I was saving and all the sudden "The Sims 3 Has stopped working." and I was like "WHAT?!" So I had to stay up another 15 minutes to boot the game and make sure it was still in one piece (it was, barely), but it kept crashing after a minute after that. I was a week away from being done and so, thoroughly upset, so I went to the challenge team and we figured it out - thank goodness!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »
Congratulations, LivvieLove! I enjoyed your unique way of presenting this challenge.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
Congrats on the speed run! That was probably very hard with the last generation crashing the game so much. I have had similar problems, even suffering Errors that prevented me from saving. Maybe I suggest two solutions?

(1) Delete your caches every time you log out - the game will regenerate them and clean them up.
(2) Get a much faster computer with twice as much memory. My old computer had similar issues because it couldn't BARELY handle The Sims 3. Then my mom surprised me at Christmas with a much stronger computer with more memory.

I hope this helps and the people of Carl's Guide are very supportive.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
Congrats on the speed run! That was probably very hard with the last generation crashing the game so much. I have had similar problems, even suffering Errors that prevented me from saving. Maybe I suggest two solutions?

(1) Delete your caches every time you log out - the game will regenerate them and clean them up.
(2) Get a much faster computer with twice as much memory. My old computer had similar issues because it couldn't BARELY handle The Sims 3. Then my mom surprised me at Christmas with a much stronger computer with more memory.

I hope this helps and the people of Carl's Guide are very supportive.
Thank you! I appreciate the suggestions. I do keep my computer very clean, and I had this one built to the specifications of the Sims (actually more than that), I just think my graphics card sometimes struggles with it a little bit (It's a high-end Card, but AMD playing games is like a picky eating child trying to eat their vegetables - it has a few bumps along the way and needs quite a bit of encouragement). I do plan on building my next computer from the ground up, so that should help, until then I'll just have to keep encouraging my dear computer and struggling on!

anything