Author Topic: Screenshots? Help!  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
Screenshots? Help!
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:43:34 AM »
OK, so I tried to see if I could make my own dynasty, with screenshots, but when I finally found the folder and opened the screenshot ... nothing! I don't know if it normally does that because I have never made a dynasty before but to me its really confusing! Help!
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
But you cant have a rainbow
Without a bit of rain!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Screenshots? Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 04:11:35 AM »
I'm going to move this to Technical Help.

First of all, are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?  Next, exactly what did you do?  And exactly what do you want to do with the screenshots?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »
Well I am on a think-pad laptop, I found the folder that had my screenshots in, ad lastly I was going to try and create a dynasty (impossible) with all the screenshots. Oh and sorry that I posted it in the wrong place!
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
Without a bit of rain!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:16:42 AM »
Ok, I'm still not clear on what you want to do.  Do you mean you want to write a Dynasty story?  And use screenshots to illustrate the story?

To see the screenshots, you need to go to Explorer, click on Documents (or My Documents), click on Electronic Arts, click on The Sims 3, then click on Screenshots.  You should see all of the screenshots you've taken in the game.  Did you do exactly this?  What did you find in the Screenshots folder?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
Sorry for not being clear enough. I mean to write a dynasty with pictures. So I went to the screenshots folder, found the screenshots, and copied it, pasted it, and nothing. Is it meant to do that? Or have I done something wrong?
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
Without a bit of rain!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 01:50:03 PM »
Please try to be even more specific. You said you copied, pasted it... and nothing. I need toknow exactly with a lot of detail. When you say, "and then nothing", , what exactly did you see. Please understand they were are really trying to help you, but we need a lot more information

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
Hello there!
Walk us through what you've done thus far, and what your end goal is. It's hard to understand when we aren't viewing the problem with you.
So, I'm going to take my best guess, and you can tell me if I'm right or not. You were in game, you took screenshots of your Dynasty, you exited the game. You got on the forum and started a topic wherein you went to your screenshot folder (found in My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Screenshots) and attempted to copy and paste them into the forum. Correct?

If this is the case you cannot just copy and paste pictures into forums as they require 3rd party hosting site to put them on the internet and make the translation (of the pixels on your computer harddrive to that of the internet). So what you'll want to do is sign up with a 3rd party website that hosts pictures (things like Photobucket, Mediafire, etc) and when you upload the pictures you'll want the "Direct Link" which you'll paste into the brackets that say [img ]http://directlinkofphoto[/ img] (I have spaces placed in my version so it is able to be viewed rather than assuming I'm trying to post an image). This is how you are able to view images on the forum.

Let me know if I was right or wrong or if you need clarification on anything.

Edit to add a more specific example. This is from my Life States Dynasty.
I use Mediafire.com, I go there and upload my picture then I right click the picture and click the option to "Copy Image URL."
This will give me this when I paste it into the forum: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4df6/o1usapqf9ea77s9fg.jpg
What I do then, is I hit a button on the forum that says "Images" or I type in [img ] (without the space between the bracket) http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4df6/o1usapqf9ea77s9fg.jpg  [ /img] (without the space between the bracket or the link).
So it will look like this:

for other people but like this (minus spacing in the img and brackets) for me when editing:
[img ] http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4df6/o1usapqf9ea77s9fg.jpg [ /img]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
Oh, so something like this?

Yes! The young adult picture of my founder for my work-in-progress Immortal Dynasty is up! (may need to shrink it a tad...)

Just do that, sign up for a picture provider. It stinks but it's a necessary evil. ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »
Ok i'll try.
[img]http://imgur.com/er6Fyn9[img]
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
Without a bit of rain!

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
No way! Tjis is really bugging me. And yes LivvieLove, that was exactly what I was trying to do. And sorry for being unclear Pam.
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
Without a bit of rain!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
You've almost got it.
When you're doing this on a forum, you're embedding the picture into your post, so you need to know a little bit of the HTML coding to do so. Like when you want to bold something or make it italicized.
The coding works very simply, in brackets you tell the forum the command you want, you put what you want it to do it to in the middle (like I want to put a picture in my post, so I'll tell the forum [ img] - without the space, then I'll put the direct link of the image I want to show up in the forum) then, and this is important, you must end the code with a "/" prior to repeating the command you did originally in brackets, like so, but without spaces (of course):
[img ] [/ img]
[b ] [/ b]
[i ] [/ i]
The slash tells the forum that it is at that point which you want it to stop applying that command. So your picture should look like this to you without spaces:
[img ]http://imgur.com/er6Fyn9[/ img]

Edit to say: if the screenshot still doesn't show up them (or it's blank where you had an image) that means you don't have the right link of the picture. You'll need to make sure you get the "Direct" link in order for it to work on the forum. :) Hopefully this helps.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 03:04:20 PM »
Add the backslash to the second [img] tag. You open the tag, then close it with a / tag. Or just hit the little button with the picture of Mona Lisa.
- Jessica

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 02:43:22 AM »
I think we're getting close to getting the problem solved.  I would like to just add that some image hosting sites, like Photobucket, will include the image tags in the line of text to be copied.  If it's not included, the easiest way is to past the text in the message, highlight it, then click the Insert Image button.  That's the one with the Mona Lisa image.  It will insert the proper tags for you.

@LivvieLove:

Good information there about HTML code.  This Forum uses BB code, however.  It's very similar to HTML and everything you said is correct.  Just want to go on record that it's BB code.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »
I think we're getting close to getting the problem solved.  I would like to just add that some image hosting sites, like Photobucket, will include the image tags in the line of text to be copied.  If it's not included, the easiest way is to past the text in the message, highlight it, then click the Insert Image button.  That's the one with the Mona Lisa image.  It will insert the proper tags for you.

@LivvieLove:

Good information there about HTML code.  This Forum uses BB code, however.  It's very similar to HTML and everything you said is correct.  Just want to go on record that it's BB code.  :)

Ah shoot, I knew there was something different about that! My bad! Yes, BB code.

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 03:48:14 AM »
Sorry, BB code? What is BB code? :-[
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
Without a bit of rain!

anything