Author Topic: The Fortunate Fortnight  (Read 26835 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fortunate Fortnight
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2014, 08:03:02 AM »
I was most wondering what you are meaning with this :)

"Nonetheless, I also went a road I traveled many times, and I went for the Descendant of DaVinci lifetime wish and succeeded."

The travel part is the thing im not understanding.

Else we had the same strategy with the DaVinci ltw. :D, i was just not very lucky with the wishes my sim got.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2014, 08:15:15 AM »
The road I traveled many times just is a saying that means she did something she was very familiar with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »
Congratulations christinal3106!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.  I did something I have done many times.  Sorry, I guess I could of worded that better.  I was lucky a lot in the challenge.  As soon as the masterpiece sculpture fired up, the sculpture I was working on was a masterpiece.  Same thing with the inventions.  As soon as the time machine and miner one came up it was the next thing my sim invented.  It just all worked out really well.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »
As soon as the masterpiece sculpture fired up, the sculpture I was working on was a masterpiece.

Could you explain this please?

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Well, I got a wish to sculpt a masterpiece, and the next sculpture I made was a masterpiece.  I read the rules probably 20 times especially after I submitted my score and saw it was quite a big higher than the rest.  I did everything exactly how I could and followed every rule. 

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
Do you guys remember a song that said something like "here I go again on my own, going down the only road I've ever known..." What Cristina said about traveling made me remember it!

I was also going for Da Vinci LTW, it is definitely the best! Just mastering skills are 5K wishes, then there is the "build miner", "build time machine"... My problem was: I'm not good at dealing with my Sim's needs! I did a test file and in that one got lucky with always finding those energy elixirs, but in my real file my Sim was just on coffee, she got that "crashed" moodlet when she was inventing, at the very beginning so she set herself in fire! I guess I also got the "steel bladder" first when I should've gotten the "efficient inventor", perhaps in that way she would have made it... what do you guys think? How did you deal with the Sim's needs?

ˇPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2014, 09:35:24 AM »
My sim caught on fire a few times too.  When I bought the fireproof homestead LTR that helped a lot.  The only time it happened though is while inventing, not while he was actually making the inventions.  I just used coffee beans.  As soon as you crash you just eat another and are fine except for the coffee breath moodlet, but it doesn't take away any mood.  I really think that lucky trait helped more than I thought. 

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »
I found my sim went through a dry patch in the middle, she stopped rolling wishes altogether for a couple of days so that was frustrating, ironically it was after she did her lifetime wish so had that nice moodlet, maybe she just felt so happy and content she didn't want anything else.

I picked Alchemy Artisan for mine, I looked at the guide and all the lifetime wishes and what they were worth and at 40k that seemed relatively easy to finish, totally forgot about all those sculpting wishes, which was daft considering anybody who has done an Immortal dynasty knows they give a lot of wishes.

Quite a lot of my points came from writing comic books, my sim was a bookworm and I had her get one point in painting then started writing comics, they are super fast to finish and she just kept wishing to make x amount in royalties, or write x amount of best sellers.

Anyway congratulations Christinal  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2014, 10:18:13 AM »
@christinal3106 — thank you for the info. When I read that bit about the sculpture Masterpieces I was concerned you did not know from General Rules that the MoveObjects cheat was only allowed for stuck objects.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2014, 10:24:45 AM »
I am intrigued.  I don't know about that exploit. 

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »
That exploit is when you check to see if something is a masterpiece. My strategy was giving the sim a combination of four traits- No Sense of Humor, Loves the Outdoors, Over Emotional, and Liner. An example of just how happy she was- she caught on fire from descendant of da Vinci and she was still earning happiness points. It was amazing!

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2014, 02:29:59 PM »
Wow Lisa, so lucky of you! Next time I should really thing of the traits... I gave her the related traits for the LTW (artistic, sculptor, eccentric) and the other two I don't remember, but should've been something like the ones you just said... or lucky like Cristina's. Oh boo, anyways, I'd always been curious on what would happen if your only Sim died, now I know!

Forgot to say "congrats Cristina" on my last post! :)
ˇPura vida!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »
Congratulations Christinal3106!

I started my Sim on an empty lot and made her wish for everything she wanted. I think what killed me was her lifetime wish. I did get it, but because I chose jack of all trades she ended up not getting as many happiness points from the wishes that went with it. Ah well, you live and learn. :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »
Actually, at first I thought giving her No Sense if Humor would be a mistake, but she was literally having a blast the entire two weeks.