Author Topic: The Disorderly Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 6: Aha!  (Read 9726 times)

Offline perksofbeingrachel

• Nooboo
  • Getting stranger, one sim game at a time.
The Disorderly Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 6: Aha!
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:13:01 AM »
The Disorderly Immortal Dynasty - My first attempt at a real challenge!

I've been playing Sims for a long time but I've never been able to play a single family for 1 or 2 generations. I've also used mods pretty much the entire time. So, this is the first time I'm playing for 8 generations, doing a challenge, first time (sort of) playing without mods, and posting regular progress about it. (Ambitious, much?) I'm not the best writer, so I won't be telling a 'story' here. I'm blindingly new and going to be experimenting a lot, so feel free to give me tips. All posed pictures are taken on a separate save file - I'm extremely cautious of breaking the rules. Cheesy intro photos, go!

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 - Simply Meant to Be
Chapter 2 - What's This?
Chapter 3 - Patience is for Losers
Chapter 4 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 5 - Chasing Cars
Chapter 6 - Aha!

Immortal Stats:
Spoiler warning! Uncompleted objectives will be italicized!

Founder

Name: Imogen Wayward
Traits: Rebellious, Irresistable, Family-Oriented, Natural Cook, Ambitious
Spouse: Todd Landgraab
Career:Chef
LTW: Culinary Librarian
SuperMax: Cooking
Other Maxed Skills: Alchemy, Photography
Purchased Lots: Bizarre Beach, Talentless Theatre
Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever - Food Replicator - Fireproof Household
Best Friends: Kara Carter(boss)
Black Ops: All New Bi-Pedal Dishwashing Machine - Some Reading Material - Insider Dining - Learn a Recipe
Portraits: Toddler Child Teen YAdult Adult Elder
Sculptures: Toddler Child Teen YAdult Adult Elder
Photographs: Toddler Child Teen YAdult Adult Elder

Generation 1
Name: Hayley Wayward
Traits: Rebellious, Excitable, Artistic, Friendly
Spouse:
Career:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Other Maxed Skills:
Purchased Lots: Noble Noshery, Antiquity Art Museum
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends:
Black Ops:
Portraits: Toddler Child Teen YAdult Adult Elder
Sculptures: Toddler Child Teen  YAdult Adult Elder
Photographs: Toddler Child Teen YAdult Adult Elder

• Nooboo
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:35:16 AM »
I spent a lot of time deliberating exactly how to do this. I have a plan, a back up plan, and a very pretty spreadsheet modified from the original.

I decided to play in Midnight Hollow, because I recently got it and the super dark, bleak town appealed to me more than a lot of the towns have. Once I saw the list of all the fun townies and references, I knew I had to play there. My settings are all standard, and all weather, occult life states, and seasons are enabled. Resizing the screenshots hurts a little, because I play fullscreen 1920x1080. Apologies in advance if the pictures are a little wonky. So, let's get started!

Meet Imogen Wayward! She was created specifically to use in this challenge (mostly because creating Sims is fun). Her traits are Ambitious, Natural Cook, Irresistable, Family-Oriented, and Rebellious. Dying is for squares. She's also a supernaturally inclined witch, since Alchemy seems to be a handy thing to learn. Her favorites are Dark Wave music, Firecracker Shrimp, the color Red, long walks on the beach...

From left to right, is her Casual, Formal, Sleepwear and Athletic Outfits. I think she believes she's the child of a rock star or something. Pictures were obviously taken in a different file. I doubt we'll be seeing the athletic wear much. Starting the game, she's keeping the camera and the portal. Not sure if I'll be visiting the future much, I was so excited to until I realized your life ticked away even while you were in the future.

After a quick move-in to the empty field at 28 Swallow Street, some (sad) money-adjusting, it was time to get to business. Off to con some poor saps into helping Immi out!

First Stop, Jack Limb's House! I'm a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas, and there's no way I'm not having Jack Skellington and Sally in my house as helpers. Although, while he's quite dapper, that outfit has to go.

Imogen: Hi, I just moved here and I don't feel like dying. I need worker bees to paint, sculpt, and garden, since I'm a lazy bum and I'm not confident enough that I can do that many skills. Want to move in with me?
Jack: Can I go save my girlfriend from the evil Dr. Finklestein Synapse first?
Imogen: Deal. Bring her along too.

That was easier than I expected.

Divide and conquer time. Jack called up Sarah and asked her to meet him at his new home, and Imogen went to hunt herself down a spouse. Imogen flew right by Sarah and Roderick Synapse on her way to the beach. Wasn't expecting that one!

I love the grumpy look on Dr. Synapse's face. Like he has no choice on watching her leave. I also found it immensely hilarious that Jack was listed as 'Enemies' with Roderick, with the bar being completely in the red. He's also a romantic interest with Katarina Stewart? (What?) I went and read the wiki bios for those characters and was a tad bit creeped out. Girl makes herself into a doll to be loved by the doll-maker. Eugh.

Todd Landgraab? He's really got no skills, but he's cute and single. Sold! He wasn't as easy as Jack to convince, however. It took some effort.

And an intense round of short-shorts rock paper scissors. But eventually, he agreed to come in to help.

First thing Sarah did right as she showed up was give Jack a bouquet of flowers. I don't know if this is common since I usually play modded, but this was extremely adorable. They're a great couple. It took all of 2 seconds to ask her to move in with the group. The rest of the time while Imogen was wooing her own man, they spent being cute and becoming officially involved.

Everyone's at home, one big happy family. Let's get started on an awesome house with all that money we brought in, shall we?

...oh. We ran out of money a little faster than expected then, hm? Well...at least we can give our live-ins makeovers and proper introductions now? Let's...just do that. The house is going to change rapidly as I do little things here and there.

First up, Todd Landgraab. He's going to be painting Imogen's portraits. I somehow forgot to get outfit pictures, but his other outfits are kind of boring anyway. You've seen the swimsuit, and you'll see him in his undies all the time. So, have this picture!

Todd's traits are Workaholic, Couch Potato, Inappropriate, Ambitious, and Snob. His lifetime wish is to be Swimming in Cash. Well, that explains a little bit.

Next up, Sarah Holden and Jack Limb! Jack Limb is a Brave, Childish, Workaholic who Loves the Outdoors and has a Green Thumb. His initial Lifetime Wish was Perfect Mind, Perfect Body, but I quickly changed it to The Perfect Garden.  Sarah Holden is a Good, Brave, Friendly, Bookworm who is also a Hopeless Romantic. Her Lifetime Wish was Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers, but I swapped it for Swimming with Cash for lack of a better choice.

From left to right, each is the Everyday and then Sleepwear outfits. Sarah came with that dress - all I did was darken the yellow pattern and give her a dye job. Jack needed some styling up, but I think they make a very cute set now. I love Jack's outfit.

Well, there's my household! I've played ahead more, but I think I'll get to that next time. (Spoiler: Lots and lots of fast skilling. Call me a nervous beginner!) Thanks for reading!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Disorderly Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 08:53:21 AM »
What a fun start! I absolutely love the screenshots!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:44:14 AM »
Heh, better to be paranoid than to fail. Imogen is really pretty!

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »
What a fun start! I absolutely love the screenshots!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I try to have a lot of fun with them. I have lots of screenshots from past saves and sims that I haven't shared anywhere. Oops!

Heh, better to be paranoid than to fail. Imogen is really pretty!

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. Still having fun but I'd love to complete the challenge on my first try. Also thank you! :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »
Nice job! The screenshots are great, and I like your makeover skills. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »

I love it! Bookmarked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 04:30:42 PM »
These are really cool! Good job.

• Nooboo
Chapter 2 - What's This?
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
Thank you guys for the kind words! Makes me excited to do another part! Had a bit of a mishap with getting stuck in Build/Buy mode, but luckily I managed to get out of it without force quitting. Whew!

Chapter 2 - What's This?

Jack: This salad makes me regret everything. And you plan on being a chef?
Sarah: I like it!

When Todd moved in, we only had two beds, and just to make sure that everyone could sleep, Imogen asked Todd to go steady in the beautiful area that is their bedroom.

After Todd was already about to pass out. But hey, it works.

And of course, first night everyone's peacefully sleeping and we get robbed. And also of course he makes a beeline for the stove I barely had enough money to buy. Where are my brave sims?

~Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back and scream like a banshee~

Jack: That's why they call me the Pumpkin King!

I managed to sell the counters and buy another stove. Crisis averted! The first morning was time to jump start our skilling madness. Imogen and Sarah were off to the library to learn about Cooking and Sculpting. Olive Specter judgmentally joined them to read about zombies.

Jack looted the plants from a local community garden. Time to make those 'Loves the Outdoors' and 'Green Thumb' traits work!

And Todd smugly painted his first painting on the porch.

Todd: Best painting ever, I'd like to see someone top THAT! Flex for the neighbors.

The next couple of weeks were pretty uneventful because I was so nervous about getting those skills up for the YA requirements,so it's just snippets from here and there. They'd usually all start off in the morning eating a meal,

And then it'd be off to their respective skilling spots. Which changed quite a bit as I was slowly fussing with the house. I wanted to build a nice one for once but I'm not the most skilled at house-building, so it's a neverending struggle. After it got cold outside, the skilling objects got plunked into what was going to be the nursery.

Todd apparently likes lighthouses and the ocean. Imogen did meet him at the beach, even if it was desolate and sad...

Soon, both Jack and Sarah wanted to get engaged so I had him pop the question one night. They're still a really cute couple and both went to watch the stars.

Imogen was busy getting a jump start on her Culinary career. Ideally I want her to hit the top before she has a kid, because I hate maternity leave with a passion. So, she works on cooking a lot.

Before work a few days later, her boss Kara Carter surprises her with a visit. Obviously, this is the best chance to ask for a promotion, right?

Work didn't quite go as planned.

Spooky day party! Jack's ex-interest creepy doll lady invited him to a party, so I figured, why not? Everyone needs a break from furious seed-hunting and skilling.

Jack was an evil genius, Imogen was in the military, Todd was a firefighter, and Sarah didn't change because apparently being a stuffed doll is spooky enough!

With the scariness in the air, what couldn't be a better time to pop the question? I know I'd do it on the porch of a doll house that's kind of cute but still really creepy. (Spoiler: She said yes.)

That wasn't the only thing that popped on Spooky Day either!

Todd had some sparkling of his own, too. He's now a some-what mature Adult. Imogen is very excited about this.

In true Immortal Dynasty Fashion, three days later when Sarah had her baby, she had been chipping away at a sculpture with the chainsaw. It's perfectly healthy, right?

While Sarah was taking a panicking Jack to the hospital, I sent Imogen and Todd to the sidewalk so I could do a quick home redesign, since I had no nursery. This time I cheated and used a house blueprint as a guide. I only got the shell of the bottom floor done and the only decorated room is the nursery, but it works out well enough.

It's gonna be similar in style to the neighboring houses. There is a bedroom for both couples, a really empty kitchen, dining, and livingroom, and a really cute greenhouse that will be the locked-off skilling area for the future. Here's a shot of the inside of it from a few days later, since I forgot to get one the first time!

I HEAVILY abused the Nature's Soil rugs from ITF because they are literally rugs you can plant on. They're so much nicer than the planters for actual gardening. The left is a little set for the museum paintings, and the stairs go down into what is going to be the Museum, once I make it look less ugly. It kept me entertained while waiting for the baby.

The lovely Sarah is rather proud to present baby Zero Limb!

And with that, ends this chapter. Thanks for reading! :D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Disorderly Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 2: What's This?
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
Such a motley, crazy bunch they are. :P Jack and Sarah really are adorable together--and I can't wait to see what Zero looks like as a non-burrito.

• Nooboo
Chapter 3 - Patience is for losers
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 04:53:01 AM »
Such a motley, crazy bunch they are. :P Jack and Sarah really are adorable together--and I can't wait to see what Zero looks like as a non-burrito.

I wholeheartedly agree! They're a lot of fun to play, and I hope that we get some cute looking housemates!

With that, let's get on to Chapter 3! I played this before I went on vacation, so it's a little rusty. I'm also going to try posting my pictures as 800x450 so I don't have to crop off the edges, so I hope that's okay!

Chapter 3 - Patience is for losers

Jack sprints through the graveyard, hoping he's not too late...

To pick up that Special Seed! It has been a nightmare trying to find a deathflower seed, and I have searched EVERYWHERE for it. (Spoiler: this isn't a deathflower seed either.) Since day 1, I've used the Collectible Helper (bought by the lovely Sarah) to hunt down all of the special seeds, and using the greenhouse, have not found a SINGLE one. So many life fruit seeds! Apparently the plant doesn't grow anywhere in Midnight Hollow either, which makes no sense but we'll get one eventually!

Todd's first order of business was to finish Imogen's Young Adult painting, which coincidentally was his first Masterpiece. I hate the grainy look of all of the paintings, but it's beautiful nonetheless.

I played with the lamps to give it some different colors, much more 'artsy'.

The grind quest resumes. Sarah ages into a lovely Adult at her sculpting station, newly moved into the Greenhouse. She's managed to get Imogen's Young Adult sculpture done (a Masterpiece, no less!) and it's been shifted into the museum, along with her picture, portrait and some fun decor.

I don't like the way the room looks at the moment, but IT'S IN THERE!

Winter and the Full Moon don't mix. Jack, the kind soul, took pity on a zombie-cicle and thawed him out where he had frozen in the back yard. The zombie (who's name I forget) grumbled around for a bit, and finally went home. With that, Snowflake Day was here!

Early morning was a great time for baby Zero to age up!

Mm, he's inherited his dad's age up hair. That's got to go.

Much better!

He definitely has his mom's eyes. I'm okay with this.

Imogen then managed to complete her LTW, sitting on her butt and watching the Cooking Channel.
I guess 'Learn Every Recipe' is really 'Learn some recipes, you know, since the expansions add so many and all..'
Either way, I'll take it! Time for a Gift-giving party, I should think.

Everyone invited showed up, including Kara Carter (Imogen's boss), the Winchester siblings, Dr. Synapse, and the creepy doll ex-interest. Sarah got a candle.

Katarina: I must be the prettiest Barbie mermaid! Must... get more... surgery...
Mitchell Flynn: Whoa, I just came for the food, lady.

Well, things were getting boring. Imogen was on a fast track to the top of her career, Jack, Sarah, and Todd had all maxed skills and were ready to fill their parts of the legacy as well as getting their lifetime wishes, and little baby Zero knew all his skills. So, when wants were rolled...

Hey, why not?

Todd doesn't have the best luck with the bees. He gets the birds part, though.

Oh, Imogen is preggers what a surprise who's shocked? Todd, surprisingly, makes a very nervous dad. He whips out a book and goes to sit where Imogen is...

Right on the bathtub.
Todd: So I read in this pregnancy book some pretty horrible stuff and I think we are going to fail abysmally.
Imogen: Lovely. Kind of going to the bathroom here. Can it wait?
Todd: I just wanted to bond with you.  ):

The next day I saw the beautiful red light literally seeping into everything. It was really eerie in this usually monochrome world. Made Jack's morning seed fetching a lot more intense.

The blood light must have been lucky because I FINALLY got my Deathflower Seed! I won't lie, I may have cheered for 5+ minutes. You have no idea how many stupid seeds I picked up...

Being pregnant really makes that family-oriented trait shine through. She keeps rolling wants for the adorable Zero.

And her Rebellious trait, too. I'm not entirely sure the doctor recommended doing tricks on broomsticks.
Imogen: Relax, I can do this in my sleep. This baby's gotta grow up livin' the fast life!

The parents both rolled a wish for a girl, so I obliged happily by stuffing Immi full of melons after her joyride. I already have a name picked out too!

Next, time for Jack's turn to become a real Adult. With some beautiful hair (that was quickly fixed).

Jack still loves his kid as much as he possibly can.

When the time comes, Todd is as useless and nervous as ever.

Todd: The book didn't say what to do when this happens!

Todd: I'm not panicking, I'm not panicking!

One hospital trip later, we welcome to the world, little baby Hayley Wayward! Good luck to our Dynasty heir!

End of this chapter! I have another one ready to go, but I really want to go play some more...  8) Thanks for reading!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Disorderly Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 3: Patience is for Losers
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

Yay, a greyboo! I bet she and Zero will make some lovely greyboos of their own together. I enjoyed your punning there, with the birds and bees bit.  ;)

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 10:13:55 AM »
I love this, Imogen is an awesome founder.  :D  And there can never be enough screenshots of people panicking at a pregnant lady.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »
Ah, Todd...just like every other Landgraab male I've met, nose in a book and panicking at the worst possible moment. He's awesome. :) That bit about the birds and the (bad luck with) bees was incredibly clever!

And a warm welcome to Hayley! :D

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
This looks like a lot of fun! I love Imogen!
Please take a look at my story, the Thousand House!
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15796.0.html