Author Topic: Is it morally OK for the parents to go traveling while their baby stays home?  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
This thread mostly has to do with WA, but some has to do with general gameplay. Mods/Admins, feel free to move this where you feel it should.

So, my Sim and his wife have a baby. But, say me and her decide we want to take a vacation to France, just for the heck of it. I am wondering, for the fact that pets aren't allowed to come with you, that a Baby/Toddler/Child isn't either and it'll be frozen in time until we get back.
Am I right here? Or should just one Sim go and the other stay behind with the kid?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
It's really up to you. Maybe think of it as the game hiring a babysitter for your little ones?

Also, you seemed to imply that children can't travel, which is wrong. Children can go on vacation, but yes, babies and toddlers can't.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Thanks, Trip. You've answered all of my questions. So Children and up can go with you to WA towns. Most excellent. Gives ideas for what I plan to do with this in the future.

Offline Lily Nyx

• Nooboo
My Sim just had a baby and took a trip to China, but I assumed I would need to call a babysitter first and did so.

I mean, if we're talking real life morals, would I do that?  No, of course not.  My Sim also told her baby daddy that she just wants to be friends on their way back from the hospital while carrying their brand new infant son, then tried to smooth it over with an apology and change of subject to a topic that interests him.  I wouldn't do that in real life either.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
When my couple travelled to China leaving behind school aged triplets, there was a babysitter with them upon the parents return. They were all dancing, eating birthday cake, and having a great time.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
I'm a big WA fan. I have had both parents travel to France leaving an infant unattended and return with no ill effects to infant and no babysitter present. Sometimes the babysitter triggers, I guess, and sometimes not.

I don't take kids much because they can't buy anything or do anything except wander around and get hungry and tired.

I enjoy traveling with a large family of adults, even though most of the ancillary "quests" are "FedEx quests." They can get into buckets of trouble and skill up, too.