Author Topic: Carving Out Your Niche  (Read 36196 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Carving Out Your Niche
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 07:48:03 PM »
Is it ok to remind players that they need to have the ambitions registration pack installed? Otherwise they will be sculpting a "missing object" box.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »
A questions, just cause I might be confusing challenges: in this one are we allowed to sell other things or only sculptures? Like the camera in the back pack?
ˇPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
A questions, just cause I might be confusing challenges: in this one are we allowed to sell other things or only sculptures? Like the camera in the back pack?

Yes, that's fine to sell other things as it does not impact this rule...

Money Made — Open up your Sim’s Sculpting Skill Journal and look down to the Money Made stat. Remember the restrictions: no consignment store sales and no sculpting opportunities that pay simoleans.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »
_Annika_ that sounds like an exploit what you asked and should have come to the team in a PM. But, I will check on that and let you know.

---------

EDIT: Okay I did a little testing. WOW! That is an enormous exploit I was unaware of. I am now thankful _Annika_ brought it to our attention. So there needs to be a new rule added: Once you sell a sculpture in Buy Mode, that's it...no hitting the Undo button.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
Sorry Metro, I knew that if it wasn't fixed then you would want to make a rule on that. Otherwise I would have sent you a PM because it has nothing to do with strategy. I expected that people might just accidentally resell sculptures and then scores would be strangely all over the place. I would have checked for you myself, but I don't have the game installed right now (although this challenge is right up my alley!)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
@Metropolis Man @_Annika_

This is already covered in the general tournament rules.

List of Exploits that are not allowed to be used:
♦ Selling items in buy/build mode, hitting the undo button and reselling them.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »
@Metropolis Man @_Annika_

This is already covered in the general tournament rules.

List of Exploits that are not allowed to be used:
♦ Selling items in buy/build mode, hitting the undo button and reselling them.

Ah, I totally forgot about that. Thank you, Nutella.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
Hey Metro, thanks for the answer! So, does the "Money made stat" say how much money it was made by sculptures only? I didn't know about that "Money made stat". Where is it found, in the skill book? Wow, so many things I learn everyday! That's why I love these challenges  ;D

Another questions, I started a test file but my Sim lasted so long to gain a level in the sculpting skill, he made like 12 sculptures and didn't jump to level 2! Since it was a test I just quit the game, restarted it and started a new one that seems to be working fine, but now I' confused: what happened and how can I avoid it?

ˇPura vida!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
Hey Metro, thanks for the answer! So, does the "Money made stat" say how much money it was made by sculptures only? I didn't know about that "Money made stat". Where is it found, in the skill book? Wow, so many things I learn everyday! That's why I love these challenges  ;D

Sculptures only? That's pretty much the only way you'll be making money — opportunities would add to that stat but you cannot do sculpting opportunities in this event. Anyways, open your sculpting skill journal and then scroll down to the stats area and you'll see "Money Made."

Another questions, I started a test file but my Sim lasted so long to gain a level in the sculpting skill, he made like 12 sculptures and didn't jump to level 2! Since it was a test I just quit the game, restarted it and started a new one that seems to be working fine, but now I' confused: what happened and how can I avoid it?

I have no idea what happened and have not heard of that. Must have been a temporary bug.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »

I would recommend you save your file quite often so if you run into weird bugs, you wont have to restart your whole file.  I save on one file name about 4 or 5 times, then I give it another name. As an example:TB sculpting 1a, then TB sculpting 1b, etc. This way you can PM the challenge team and ask if you can restart from a previous save etc.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »
Sounds cool! I might jump in. It would be my first time participating in a challenge involved in the tournament.

I've read the general challenge rules and the rules for this specific challenge and have to ask, I apologize if it sounds redundant or just plain dumb: No motherlode for this challenge? For the purpose of home-building. I see that general tournament challenge rules state that only moveobjects and resetsim are allowed, so I would automatically assume that money cheats would not be allowed. However, this challenge is based on money made through sculpting, where a 'motherlode' wouldn't impact stats... Unless purchasing a nicer bed with cheat-money to recover energy faster would also be considered cheating.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »
No motherlode cheat allowed, no money cheats allowed, even if it didn't impact sculpting stats.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »
No motherlode cheat allowed, no money cheats allowed, even if it didn't impact sculpting stats.

Okay, thank you. Sorry for the dumb question, just making sure I understood everything correctly. :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
Not a dumb question, no question is dumb.  Better safe than sorry.  ;)

For challenges, we do not allowed cheats unless specify (Metro's Haven).  Resetsim cheat is only allowed if you have stuck sim, moveobjects cheat is only allowed if you have stuck object.  If you use those 2 cheats for convenience purposes, then that is breaking the rule.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »
Also, one issue I'm having, I'd like to see if anyone else is having a similar problem. When I sculpt something and sell it in Buy Mode, the Sculpting Skill Log registers it as having sold for twice the amount that it actually did. For example, say my sim sculpted a piece worth 20 simoleons. I can have them sell it directly from the sculpting station through an action, and it will sell for 20 simoleons and be registered in the log as being sold for 20. However, if I sell it in Buy Mode, my sim will still earn only 20 simoleons, but the log registers it as 40. Note this is only selling said sculpture one time-- the sculpture doesn't reappear to be resold, I'm not undoing anything, etc. Has anyone witnessed the same issue? An obvious solution is to simply sell sculptures directly from the sculpting station after they're built, but I'd like to know if anyone found another solution.

anything