Author Topic: Pattern Request  (Read 11449 times)

Dellena

Pattern Request
« on: May 30, 2014, 03:20:38 AM »
I would love if someone who knows what they're doing with patterns (I don't!) would take the EA masonry patterns which are horizontal and make matching vertical versions.  I would LOVE to be able to make brick steps that match foundations.  However, stairs use a vertical pattern.

Danielle Haydis

Re: Pattern Request
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:31 AM »
I'll give this a shot.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:12:11 PM »
I'd love you eternally if you can pull it off.  I get soooo frustrated sometime with EA's choice of where they use horizontal or vertical patterns.  A stair tread is wider than it is deep.  It SHOULD use a horizontal pattern - logically.  But instead, they use vertical (shakes head).  Drives me batty!!!

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Hello.

So you don't think I'm ignoring your request, an update. I was able to extract some, but not all, of the masonry patterns. There were some that I couldn't find. I'm still trying to figure out how the patterns are implemented in-game since masonry patterns aren't as simple as I thought. I think I may have to make my own version but I'm trying to avoid doing that as much as possible.

Cheers.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
Thanks a bunch. :)  I did find one set of stairs from World Adventures that uses the horizontal pattern.  But if I'm building for someone and they don't have World Adventures, it's a problem.  So anything you can do will help.  I'm particularly interested in the brick pattern that matches the fireplace chimneys.

anything