Author Topic: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale  (Read 36787 times)

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
Re: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »
Not going to finish in the 2 mins I have left before midnight rolls around in the UK. Good luck to all those finishing up!

It feels like the end of an era. Many thanks to Metro and the team for some fantastic challenges.

It will be a while I think until I get sims 4 so good luck with the new challenges that await you.

Best Regards

AbyShep

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »
Wow!  I can't believe the Sims 3 challenges are over!  I'm really going to miss them, but definitely looking forward to the new Sims 4 stuff!  Well, I wish I could've turned in an awesome score on this one and go out with a bang, but everything for one of my sims ended up taking way longer than I intended.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to post this one as DNF.  But it was still fun to try.  Congrats again to the top scorers!  Thank you again to all the organizers for all your hard work on this forum and the guide!  It's been great!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2014, 01:00:05 AM »
Well I am going to be a DNF. My file is bugged again and I just can't finish in time due to fast forward not working. But I am going to finish it just won't be official. :(

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2014, 01:47:39 AM »
I had it all planed to finish in 2 weeks something, but my sims are in week 3 day 3 and still like half of the requirements are missing and I don't think I'll make it before midnight, so I guess I'm DNF.

I'm going to miss these challenges! They were great and all the people in the forum are really nice, thank you all for everything, team and many players that give a lot of feedback. I guess I'll go try to do the dynasties now... (*scary*)
ˇPura vida!

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
My computer crashed a few weeks ago.  I just got it up and running well enough to download the Sims 3 again two days ago so I DNF.  Truly enjoyed the challenges and love the forum.  Thank you.   :'(
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
This event is now closed. Great job to the champion, Femke82, and nice job to all participants. That puts a wrap on more than 70 Sims 3 challenges since the fall of 2009.

If you look at the top 2 scores you'll notice the close finish time. My guess (hehe) is that the very last thing these players were waiting on is the Teen getting on the honor roll (high school lets out at 2 PM). So, IMO that was the biggest thing to do on day one — get pregnant so you could get the ball rolling. The other main strategy for me at least was choosing business as the rabbit hole because you could work almost every day and get a promotion.

Everyone is free to share strategy now. My special thanks to Blackrosea and her daughter for this wonderful idea for a finale. I want to also thank ratchie, Nutella, and Trip for helping me out on a regular basis, especially with all the Dynasty stuff. You ladies are the best.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
Congrats Femke  :D

My timing was bad in this, I think I wasted too much with one if my sims thinking what she had left wouldn't take long then I got stuck on getting the perfect meal, she took forever doing that, after wasting ages and a lot of ingredients I double checked her skill challenges and silly me she hadn't done menu maven which is what helps meal quality  ::)

She also got off the treadmill half an hour before the time was up meaning I had to go through that again as well, everybody else was done days before her and was just lounging around taking it easy while she ran her socks off to get that last requirement.

I wasn't at all sure what would give a -40 moodlet before starting this but I discovered on my brief practice go when the old newspapers had piled up, the dirty dishes were buzzing with flies because the sink was broken and the counters were all filthy that a vile surroundings one does the job nicely  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2014, 09:25:09 AM »
Congratulations Femke.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »
Congrats Femke! And congrats all of you who could finish this challenge!  ::)

According to my plan the sim who needed to max a rabbit-hole career would gain a level everyday, he was workaholic and ambitious but most of the time he would get almost to the top of bar but didn't quite finish it so then he needed the next work day to get that promotion. He was also a schmoozer so he would invite his boss over to "ask for a promotion", I finally learned how to do that, but the weird thing was that if his boss did give him his promotion that day, the next day he wouldn't go to work even if I tried to send him I would get a notification that said something like "come back during working hours" but according to his schedule those were working hours. The game was very bugged per se, but I don't know if this is common in others' games.
ˇPura vida!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
My rabbit-hole sim A was neurotic and a workaholic, and he got a promotion every day or so. He also dabbled in alchemy and that was his maxed skill, for the skill boosters which were used consistently and also the many invigorating elixirs.
My perfect plant was basil for sim A. Green thumb helps with that because you can talk to the plant.

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
I wasn't able to finish either July challenge, but wanted to say how much I've enjoyed playing this years challenges and can't wait to see what you guys do with Sims 4.  Thank you!!  :D

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2014, 05:20:59 PM »
I did wait a bit longer to get my sim pragnent. In my practice run I had sim A as the female, but that turned out to be not a very good idea. When she got pregnant she got days off from work, which makes it difficult to max out the career. In my final challenge file I played with sim A as the male. I took a lot of advantage of going to the library as much as possible to get skills boosted quickly. I got sim A to max out the logic skill very quickly and he was in the medical career. I also let him use the alchemy lab a lot and created sleeping potions, so that sim A had to sleep less and had more time to work on her list.

This helped a little, but it still took me forever to create the perfect (watermelon)plant (even with the green thumb trait) and to get the masterpiece painting. I really don't know how you guys got those things so fast :P I am really curious. The bestseller book I got in no-time and the perfect fish was also quite doable. the perfect meal (french toast) was also something that took me longer than I wanted. The last thing for me to complete was the net worth of 250k and at least 100k in household funds.

I must say I'm glad I did a practice run at first, because I wasn't able to complete it in my first attempt. So even though my score wasn't impressive I still managed to get it done :P :)

You'll definately see me again for sims 4 challenges! can't wait! during the month I have to wait for the sims 4 I'm probably gonna try a dynasty challenge. that will keep me busy for a while, haha.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
I am not going to discuss much strategy for mine, but I think the easiest way to get a perfect plant is to just grow a death flower.  Death flowers are always perfect.  I think my biggest problem is my dislike of alchemy.  It just seems like so much of a hassle to me.  It is obvious though it pays out greatly in the end.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »
I chose to find a common seed to get the perfect plant, combined with gatherer. This is fairly easy when you know where the right spots are. The path leading up to Maywood Glen is the perfect spot to get all the seeds you need.
To level fishing quickly I bought bait for nearly all the types of fish, and once I had caught one, which gives you a huge boost the first time you catch it, I switched bait. At about level 5 I switched back to fishing for minnows.
For painting, it pays to know which paintings are masterpieces. Once she had levelled up, she ditched every painting that wasn't a masterpiece.
For cooking I was going to go for a bought recipe, because those seem to get perfect faster, but In the end I only needed to get to about level 5 or 6 with Natural Cook + Born to Cook, an upgraded top tier stove (part of the 3 unique upgrades) and cook 10 servings of Stew Surprise.
My sims spent a lot of time at the consignment stores, and any energy potions went to Sim B who had way more things to complete. While she was out of potions she ate coffee beans. While she was pregnant she ate Sweetgrass.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
Yeah, that would of been better.  I wasted a day getting to level 7 gardening.  I think my biggest mess up was with maxing the skill and working out for 6 hours.  I chose to level painting, and it seemed like it took forever.  What skill did you all at the top decide to max for sim B?  The working out was the last thing I did, and since my sims only ate coffee beans, I had to sleep for a couple days to get the 6 hours.  Probably lost a day or two there, too.