Author Topic: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale  (Read 36887 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 01:11:29 AM »
Regarding:
    Any child in the home needs to get on the Honor Roll and stay on the Honor Roll     
    All children in the home need to achieve lvl 5 in a skill

Does child/children refer to all offspring?  Or to the age state?  The underlying question is whether all offspring have to age up to child and meet the skill and Honor Roll requirements.  OR, could you finish with some (or all) offspring still at the infant or toddler stage?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:57 AM »
Regarding:
    Any child in the home needs to get on the Honor Roll and stay on the Honor Roll     
    All children in the home need to achieve lvl 5 in a skill

Does child/children refer to all offspring?  Or to the age state?  The underlying question is whether all offspring have to age up to child and meet the skill and Honor Roll requirements.  OR, could you finish with some (or all) offspring still at the infant or toddler stage?

Well, would saying something like "IF you have a school-aged child (Child and/or Teen) at the end of the challenge, then that child needs to be on the honor roll" make more sense?
We could also rephrase the skilling one to something like "Any children in the home older than a toddler would need to achieve lvl 5 in a skill."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »
Anyone have any feedback on my suggestions above? If those would be helpful then I will edit the rules.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »
I think the "any children in the home older than a toddler would need to achieve lvl 5 in a skill" rule is clearer but since we are able to cake up wouldn't the children need to be on the honor before doing so?
Messaged you about my other thought since I wasn't sure if it would be considered strategy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
Since there is a requirement to have a baby, it seems like there should be a requirement that at least one offspring has to age up to at least child and meet the child requirements of honor roll and level 5 in a skill.  But perhaps if there are other offspring, they don't  have to age up to child - but if they do age up to child, then they also have to meet the child requirements.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:56 PM »
Okay I had a little pow wow with Blackrosea and we both agreed that all kids must reach lvl 5 in a skill and also get on the Honor Roll as a Child and a Teen. No exceptions...so you'd have to do this stuff before caking up to YA. So I will try and make it more clear in the rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
@Lisa46 — your post was deleted. The rule is pretty straightforward. You can tackle kids however you wish as long as what needs to get done gets done.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »
Sorry about that. I was just trying to clarify.

Offline aalikane

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
I just attempted a practice round, and my Sim A was killed by a meteor... I'm assuming that would be a DNF come competition time?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
I just attempted a practice round, and my Sim A was killed by a meteor... I'm assuming that would be a DNF come competition time?

Let's see what Blackrosea thinks. My opinion is -- if you can prevent a permanent death (i.e. a death flower in inventory or bringing Sim A back with the Science op), then I see no reason why Sim A could not continue to finish their list. But, if it's a permanent death, then I think you'd have to turn in a DNF.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »
Let's see what Blackrosea thinks. My opinion is -- if you can prevent a permanent death (i.e. a death flower in inventory or bringing Sim A back with the Science op), then I see no reason why Sim A could not continue to finish their list. But, if it's a permanent death, then I think you'd have to turn in a DNF.

I am torn on this personally. Part of me feels that it is part of managing your family. The other part thinks maybe a death flower only would be ok...

I would also like to see the following:

If there is an unfortunate instance in your live file, please PM the challenge team with what happened and we can discuss it and let you know.

This way we maybe be ok with going back to a previous save. Like all challenge files, I would recommend people save their files with multiple names, as example SV Honey Do 1a, SV Honey Do 1b, etc. at different intervals in the game progress.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »
The property doesn't need to be upgraded?
Do the 5 best friends count as part of the 10 friends, or do they need to be separate?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 12:36:20 PM »

Not at this time unless Blackrosea feels otherwise.

Do the 5 best friends count as part of the 10 friends, or do they need to be separate?

The 5 Best Friends would count as part of the 10 Friends.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »

I am fine with the family just having a property and business when they end their scoring file and entering their score. No need to upgrade it, but you can't buy and sell it right away to mark it off the list. It needs to be purchased when you end your file.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 08:56:04 PM »
I just finished this, so I am not going to hold on to my score.  I am sure it is going to be blown out of the water anyway.  I have enjoyed the challenges I have completed, and I hope the sims 4 turns out to be something that I want to spend my money on, and I will look forward to completing challenges again. 

Honey, Horace, and Honey Boo Doo did pretty well (I think) and finished Week 3 Day 5 at 5:18 p.m.

Thanks for all the great challenges!!

anything