Author Topic: The Companions of Union Cove - Hiatus - Graveyard please  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
The Companions of Union Cove - Hiatus - Graveyard please
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
Another attempt at one of these by me. I'm doing a few of them at once now, including some that aren't posted. I'm a bit of the way through this attempt, however, and so am posting it now.

They are in Union Cove, and my immortals and to-be immortals are all companions of characters from books.

'In medias res' means In the middle of things, and I'm starting off with a wedding.

A Dreamweaver Wedding

Bubblegum Dreamweaver married Rob Kennedy in a service at the Companion family home.

Rob was becoming a Dreamweaver because Bubblegum proposed to him.

Their household attended the lavish affair which featured the bride and groom in their everyday clothes1.

Kheldar Companion2 was watching in the front row. He was the founder of an immortal dynasty and he had married Bubblegum's mother, Scarlet in a private ceremony earlier on.

Scarlet agreed to being Kheldar's spouse on one condition, that Bubblegum get married and have a wedding, so here they all were.

Pietro Gepetto was watching the wedding as well, sitting alongside the founder. The only one missing from this wedding was Pietro's father, Giovanni.

Kheldar had a suspicion that Giovanni was otherwise detained at this point.

Kheldar's suspicions were correct. At the time of the wedding, Giovanni was becoming very closely acquainted with Liz Tuder, a young lady who had caught his eye the night before. At the moment, they were together in Liz's house, talking about their lives.

They had met the night before at the bistro and spent hours after the meal watching the stars and talking.

The other menfolk went out for a dinner at the bistro and then to a local bar for dancing ...

While Scarlet threw Bubblegum a Bachelorette Party and invited all of the young ladies that were acquaintances of the household.

They sang together, they danced with the party dancers, they toasted the upcoming bride and they sprayed each other with fizzy drink.

They even made sure that Kheldar's heir was sleeping peacefully and happily in his swing.

Yes, Generation 2 has already arrived, and his name caused a bit of disagreement between Kheldar and Scarlet.

Scarlet wanted to call their son 'Pigsnout'3, Kheldar wasn't aware of what book Pigsnout was the name of a companion from, and so he stood firm on his desired name of 'Boromir'.4

Notes:
1 I had actually designed a wedding gown for Bubblegum, and new formal clothes for Rob. Rob's suit and Bubblegum's dress follows.

2 Kheldar (aka Silk) was one of the companions of Garion from The Belgariad and Mallorean by David and Leigh Eddings. He was described as a short, rat-faced man with a very long nose. He was a member of the Royal House of Drasnia and 2nd in line to the throne until his uncle and aunt had a son. He was also a merchant, thief, rogue, assassin and confidence trickster. He is also one of my favourite characters of all time.

3 Pigsnout was being considered by Pam as one of her immortals from her immortal dynasty, I put that in here to acknowledge that. Who knows, there might actually be a Pigsnout in this dynasty somewhere, probably not a targeted immortal, however.

4 Boromir was one of the Fellowship of the Ring, the one who died during the closing stages of The Fellowship of the Ring book by J.R.R. Tolkien. I always liked Boromir, despite (or perhaps because of) his very human flaws.

Household/Immortal Details
Giovanni Gepetto (Adult)
Rob (Kennedy) Dreamweaver (Adult)
Scarlet (Dreamweaver) Companion (Young Adult)
Kheldar Companion (Young Adult - Founder) - (Kleptomaniac, Lucky, Artistic, Rebellious, Avant-Garde, Perfectionist (Rebel Social Group))
Bubblegum Dreamweaver (Young Adult)
Pietro Gepetto (Teen)
Boromir Companion (Nooboo - Generation 2) - (Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Heat)
Mr T Kennedy (Cat - Adult)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Companions of Union Cove - In Medias Res
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:26:15 AM »
Cool. Definitely reading this!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »
Brilliant premise once again, Dek.  Looking forward to Silk and Boromir's adventures!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
Best of luck on this. I'll won't always comment, but I will always be reading.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: The Companions of Union Cove - Big Brother Pietro
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

I haven't forgotten this one, so I thought I'd update. :)

Dek

Big Brother Pietro
Pietro picks up Boromir from his swing.

Today is Boromir's birthday! He becomes a Toddler.

Pietro treats Boromir like the little brother he always wanted and was happy to be able to take him to the cake.

Happy Birthday Boromir, all the family is here.

The big question on everyone's lips ... will he grow up with Kheldar's nose? Or will he follow after the Dreamweaver side of the family.
A spin, sparkles and we have our answer ... but he has NO HAIR!

While the family has cake, Boromir deals with his lack of hair and changes his clothes, visiting the mirror and then the dresser.

'Big Brother' Pietro toilet trains Boromir. He doesn't even mind doing that. He does let walker and the play pen teach Boromir to walk and talk, while Pietro retreats to his garden.

Bubblegum and Rob are having some alone time. Bubblegum has some exciting news for her hubby.

Bubblegum is pregnant! Both of them wanted a little girl, and so Bubblegum had been consuming watermelon. Rob is excited at the news, and touches Bubblegum's stomach, talks to his daughter and listens to his daughter. Finally, he massages his wife.

Giovanni's romance with Liz Tuder is going well, and Pietro may well have a little brother or sister soon. Giovanni also has more inventions to make before he tackles painting and sculpting. Will he fulfill his LTW before Grim comes for him?

Ilyano Mari came over to visit, and she stayed overnight (outside in the garden). The Watcher noticed that she was 'sampling' our little mini suns! But the watcher was happy for her to take a few, in return for her becoming a best friend for Kheldar!

We wait for the birth of Bubblegum and Rob's nooboo and then the process of family members who aren't targeted as future immortals to die. Giovanni, Rob and Scarlet have 5, 6 and 12 days to go respectively before they become elders.

Talking about Scarlet, she has a job! She's a kitchen scullion at the diner. She wants to get a fancy fridge for the family before she departs with Grim.
After her day at work, Scarlet prepares to sculpt her son's toddler sculpture, even as her daughter paints her half brother's portrait. Bored of sitting down, Boromir goes off to play inside the toy box. Will his family find him? Maybe Scarlet will photograph him for eternity, prosperity and his museum.

And, who knows, Pietro may even follow his father's footsteps into an outside the house romance. I wonder what a Wednesday-Pietro offspring would look like. Or maybe he'll marry the daughter of Bubblegum and Rob and produce a wife for Boromir. Or might that be too close to the bloodline to work? We'll just have to wait and see. But shuuush! He's sleeping, close the door behind you, as you leave.

Good night Pietro, sleep tight. What a great big brother you are!

Household/Immortal Details - as at Monday, Week 3
Giovanni Gepetto (Adult)
Scarlet (Dreamweaver) Companion (Adult)
Kheldar Companion (Young Adult - Founder) - (Kleptomaniac, Lucky, Artistic, Rebellious, Avant-Garde, Perfectionist (Rebel Social Group))
Pietro Gepetto (Teen)
Boromir Companion (Toddler - Generation 2) - (Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Heat)
Chris Dreamweaver (Cat - Adult)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
Yay! More Companions!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: The Companions of Union Cove - A New Birth
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 04:27:19 PM »
A New Birth

In the fulness of time, Bubblegum went into labour.

Just like all men in the Sims 3, Rob, her husband, and Kheldar, the founder were very 'supportive' of her labour.

So, Bubblegum literally got on her bike and rode herself to the hospital!

Back at the house, Kheldar told Rob that he should get to hospital to be on hand for the birth.

And so Rob did so, on the motorbike that Kheldar bought while he was suffering a midlife crisis.

By the time Rob arrived at the hospital, Bubblegum was already inside and so he went straight on in.

Not everyone in the house were as worked up over the birth as Rob and Kheldar.

The father and son pairing of Giovanni and Pietro were peacefully asleep, unaware that when they woke there would be another sim in their household,

Scarlet was eating left over birthday cake in the dining area, even as she got the notification that her wish of a grandchild came true

And little Boromir Companion was happily smiling in his swing, soon to be joined by an even younger member of the household than him, his niece.

The reveal of the name of the new arrival will come next update.  ;D

I have been a Games Master in other online sites after all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »
Hey, it's back. :D

At least Borimir's new niece will be younger than him. So it's weird but a little less so. He's cute!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Oh, Bubblegum, that's a sight you don't see everyday. I miss toddlers from seeing your post.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
Oh, Bubblegum, that's a sight you don't see everyday. I miss toddlers from seeing your post.

I totally miss toddlers when I read the TS3 stories, but @Nettlejuice can you imagine how much easier it would be for TS4 sims to die of exhaustion if they still had to take care of toddlers  :o

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 04:47:21 AM »
@Magpie2012 With a full house it wouldn't be so bad  ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: The Companions of Union Cove - The Reveal
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 05:36:11 AM »
The Reveal

Giovanni visited his girlfriend, Liz Tuder, afterall he was about to be a daddy again. A little half-brother or half-sister for Pietro!

How he loved Liz! His only wish was that he could marry Liz, become Mr Tuder, or she could become Mrs Gepetto. But the restrictions meant that she couldn't join the household, and he couldn't leave the household so boyfriend and girlfriend it was.

There were other attractive women around the Cove, of course, but he was a one woman man, and he was committed to Liz.

He took her out for dinner to show her how much he loved her, and it was there that her contractions began. They left the diner in a hurry, and as Giovanni looked around for a taxi, another of the Cove citizens played the guitar for a crowd of onlookers including Carl and Sheldon Cooper.

"Get her to the hospital, man," Lurch said, somehow unaffected by the birth in the usual manner of men. Women nearby were insistent that Giovanni take his girlfriend to the Union Cove hospital.

So he did, in a surprisingly calm manner.

Liz gave birth to a little girl named Helena who was taken to Liz's home and put in the cot while her parents swam, and then tried for a little brother or sister for Helena, chimes were heard coming from the shower and so it seemed likely that another little one was on the way.

Giovanni offered to stay with Liz to help look after Helena, an offer that Liz gratefully accepted.

Watcher-Dek: And now that you've had the reveal you were waiting for.
Writer-Dek: Hold on, Watcher-Me, that's not the reveal the forum was waiting for.
Watcher-Dek: It isn't?
Writer-Dek: No, remember the other birth just before Helena?
Watcher-Dek: oh how silly, I almost forgot.
Writer-Dek: It was mean, not silly, and you didn't almost forget.
Watcher-Dek: Fine, fine. Writer me, do it then.

Meanwhile, Boromir had found the abacus on his playpen most exciting. And he was pleased to be out of his swing.

His niece was in the swing next to the one he usually occupied, currently swinging back and forwards. Her name? Why it was Pigsnout, Pigsnout Dreamweaver, she was an artistic genius. And ironically, the game assigned her the favourite colour of hot pink.

Welcome Pigsnout Dreamweaver to the Companions household!

Household/Immortal Details - as at Wednesday, Week 3
Giovanni Gepetto (Adult)
Scarlet (Dreamweaver) Companion (Adult)
Pietro Gepetto (Teen)
Boromir Companion (Toddler - Generation 2) - (Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Heat)
Pigsnout Dreamweaver (Nooboo - daughter to Bubblegum and Rob Dreamweaver; Niece to Boromir Companion; Grand Daughter to Scarlet Dreamweaver)
Chris Dreamweaver (Cat - Adult)

Related Sims Details
Liz Tuder (GF to Giovanni)
Helena Tuder (Daughter to Giovanni and Liz; 1/2 sister to Pietro)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
Glad the pollination is working!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:29 AM »
Poor Pigsnout, that name will haunt her forever, lol.

anything