Author Topic: EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!  (Read 17899 times)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Hopefully this doesn't break the rules. If it does, feel free to give me a slap on the wrist. :)

EA are upgrading all copies of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Collection for free.

Every expansion. Every stuff pack. Free! You just need The Sims 2 registered.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/16/the-sims-2-is-being-retired-ea-to-give-owners-a-free-ultimate-collection-upgrade/

EDIT: I just did this myself. I couldn't register The Sims 2 manually... had to contact EA via the live chat on their website.

Gave the very helpful lady the CD code, she added The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection to my account! Just had to close Origin, wait a few minutes and log back in! :)

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
Re: EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:53:24 AM »
I was wondering where to post this news too. You beat me to it.

I got mine yesterday, and it actually made me want to install it again and play it for nostalgic reasons  ;D

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:54:34 AM »
The website links say it's only for Digital copes :,( Did I read this correctly?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »
I was wondering where to post this news too. You beat me to it.

I got mine yesterday, and it actually made me want to install it again and play it for nostalgic reasons  ;D

I'm installing mine right now, though I'm not sure when/if I will play it.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
The website links say it's only for Digital copes :,( Did I read this correctly?

Before I got all of the physical copies I bought one EP digitally from Origin.  Because of that one copy I received the email and got the collection. 

On the official forums people are reporting that they contacted EA customer service  to have their physical copies registered to Origin and so got the collection. All they had to do was provide proof, as in a game code, that they owned the disc.

I'm happy to have this because my newer laptop is Windows 8.1 and I couldn't get anything but the base game to install and play.  With the digital copy it's working fine when I run it in Win 7 compatibility mode.

There are several threads going on over there if you want to check peoples results with customer service.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »
I was unsure whether to post this or not as it was about Sims 2 when I saw it a few days ago. 

EA/Maxis even has an official FAQ page about it here:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-faq/

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
I only had the physical copy, no download from Origin.

Spoke to EA on live chat, gave them my CD code and they applied the ultimate collection to my account. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
I got customer support to register my base game cd's a couple of days ago, no ultimate collection as yet although double deluxe showed up straight away, I'm sure it will happen though, if not I'll get in touch with them again.

I don't have all the stuff packs and only have ep's up to Bon Voyage so it will be nice to see how Sims 2 handled apartments and all the hobbies that came with Freetime. I reinstalled the base game a couple of months back, I played it to death when I first got it but hadn't touched it for years, compared to TS3 sims they seem to chat at a hundred miles an hour, talking over the top of each other while gesticulating wildly, I can see why many say TS3 sims seem wooden in comparison, I'd forgotten what they were like, unfortunately a few minutes in they were giving me a headache and I went back to my nice calm sims 3 game.

I shall definitely give this another go though when I get it.

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 12:03:38 PM »
I have all expansions and stuffpacks (-1 stuffpack, I think), both digital and physical copies. This will save me TONS of time when I have to reinstall TS2 next time. I have no doubt it will be a next time :p Thanks EA  o/
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:52 AM »
I have a physical copy of The Sims 2 which came with Family Fun Stuff, and Double Deluxe or something that I bought for my daughter because my original Sims 2 disc seemed to be lost (and as with most lost things, turned up after I bought the new one). I couldn't register either, so went to the Customer Service and used the chat option to talk to a consultant. I have to say it was my best Customer Service experience ever. After verifying my account details, they gave me a code for the Ultimate collection, and am now downloading it :)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »
I have to say, I am VERY surprised just how good EA customer support actually is. :)

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »
I know this is a Sims 3 forum and feel free to remove this if it's too off-topic, but for those players who own either a digital copy of any of the Sims 2 base game or EPs via Origin, EA is giving out The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection as a thank you gift as it retires the game from tech support.  The Ultimate Collection download on Origin includes all of the Sims 2 EPs and SPs.

For those players who own a physical disc of the Sims 2 base game or any of the EPs, if you have the original disc and product key, EA will allow you to register your game on Origin to receive the Ultimate Collection as well.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
I put this up in the babble board ;)

Registered my physical copy via EA Live help. Worked fine.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:18 PM »
Oh, sorry.  :)  I did a search on the forum for Sims 2 before I posted, but I guess I missed it!  :-[

I have to dig out my discs.  They're around somewhere, but I just haven't looked for them in a long time.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »
I'm merging this with the man thread about the TS2 promotion.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
So a little update, I have been keeping an eye out for news they said would be coming for people with disc copies today, well instead of an option to register your old game they put up a code for everybody to get a copy for free, it's valid until the 31st of this month so if you never played and feel like trying it out now is your chance.

Instructions are here:

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
I've just downloaded it and I am looking forward to trying it out. I played The Sims 2 for a few months but only had one or two expansions. Because I'm on holiday, I can't play it yet but I'm looking forward to having a go. It's very easy to get your copy online, it literally took me 30 seconds!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »
If you're on Origin, it's very easy to get. And I would recommend trying it, if you never played the Sims 2. The Sims might look a bit odd after TS3, but it is fun. People who think they can't live without CASt and an open world might be surprised (although I still keep looking for the mapview button).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 06:24:40 PM »
Only thing I had to do was mod the Graphics Rules file because my graphics card is unsupported.

Now it runs at 1600x900 and looks surprisingly good for a game of this age! :D

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
So a little update, I have been keeping an eye out for news they said would be coming for people with disc copies today, well instead of an option to register your old game they put up a code for everybody to get a copy for free, it's valid until the 31st of this month so if you never played and feel like trying it out now is your chance.

Instructions are here:

Anyone have trouble with this? I downloaded it easily enough, but when I hit play it asks for a registration code. There is a code already in the field, but when I hit done, it just spins for a bit and then asks again for the code. If I hitdon't continue, it tells me the code is invalid for this product.

**Update.   Contacted the live chat support and the helpful fellow deactivated what seemed to be a glitched code and isssued me with a new code that actually works. Better not start playing now, or I'll be up all night lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 08:36:59 AM »
I downloaded mine also, but it only gives one resolution and it is way too big.  I have an integrated graphics card and have tried tweeking it, but if someone has any other suggestions, that would help.  I could probably play it like that, but the bar takes up a third of the screen. I know others have had this problem, but can't seem to find the solution.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »
I downloaded mine also, but it only gives one resolution and it is way too big.  I have an integrated graphics card and have tried tweeking it, but if someone has any other suggestions, that would help.  I could probably play it like that, but the bar takes up a third of the screen. I know others have had this problem, but can't seem to find the solution.
I found a solution on SimsVIP when looking for Sims 4 updates. Lots of people have been reporting the game being stuck on 800x600. Try following the instructions and see where it gets you.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »
I have a modified file to enable the resolutions.

If anyone wants it, just send me a PM and I'll either try and attach it or e-mail it over. :) It enables everything from 800x600 to 1600x900 (my laptops resolution). If you want/need a custom file, let me know.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:57 PM »
There are still some issues that the SimsVIP fix doesn't resolve.  I don't know if it's against the rules to post tech support for the Sims 2, but since we're in the Babble Board, I'll post what I found that worked with Windows 8.1.  If it's inappropriate, moderators may feel free to remove it. :)

To fix your screen resolution, what you do is this from the link below:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446&pid=24463#pid24463

Go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
(or where you set up your game under Program Files\Electronic Arts)
Copy and paste the original Graphics Rules.sgr file somewhere as backup.
From the leefish link above, download the appropriate RAR file for your integrated graphics and in Windows Explorer, right-click and open to extract the Graphics Rules.sgr file.
Copy and paste this new file into the Config directory above (I think you only need it in Config, not CSConfig too, but if it doesn't work try both).

Now open this Graphics Rules.sgr file with Notepad.
Ctrl-f "simpleterrain" without the quotes and set to false.  This occurs in 3 places.

http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/
From this link, follow step 3 (change seti Low, Medium, High all to 3).
Ctrl-f "ScreenModeResolution" without quotes and change ALL of the settings (low, medium, mediumdefault, high) to match step 5 in the link above.

Open the game and after loading a neighborhood, under the options button, click on "Graphics/Performance Options".  Change screen size to 1920x1080 (or desired max resolution) and set "smooth edges" all the way down to more.  Apply changes.

**Follow step 1 and step 4 under the leefish link to check the config log file (under My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Logs) for boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels true (antialias on) and check the Pleasantview neighborhood in game to see that the beach area appears smooth.  In the config log file, check that Texture memory is NOT 32Mb (Windows error).  It should be over 1000 Mb.

Hope this helps. :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »
I know it's not Sims 3 related but I thought others might be interested in this anyway.

EA is giving away copies of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin until 31 July, if you fancy that game in your collection. Originally, this was a promotional offer only for those who previously owned The Sims 2 (support for that particular version was ending, so EA in an uncharacteristically charitable gesture just gave everybody Ultimate Collection copies.)

Now, EA just wants everybody to have The Sims 2. Apparently, the Ultimate Collection is a bundle of all the Sims 2 expansion packs so you should have everything ever released for that version of the game.

To redeem your freebie copy, you’ll need an Origin account and the ability to type.

- Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
    - Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
    - Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
    - From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »
I believe this had already been posted. I'm on my phone, though, and can't check.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
It has been. I'm merging it with the main thread on the TS2 promotion.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 06:26:54 AM »
I think it's only until the end of the month, but if you choose 'Redeem Product Code' in Origin and put in I-LOVE-THE-SIMS you will get Sims 2 with all expansions included free.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 07:07:36 AM »
We have a thread foor this announcement already, I'll merge this with it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »
I'm currently downloading my copy of the game. I registered the day it came out but I've only just got home. The game is 40% downloaded and so far I've been waiting about 30 minutes. Hurry up laptop, I want to play!
Bubbles's Workshop

McHazy

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 04:51:01 AM »
As a player who came late to the whole Sims thing, this was an offer I can't refuse. Its a 12gb download so it looks likes I'll be doing the house work while I wait for the chance to play it!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:03 AM »
I've decided to have a play Sims 2 for a bit and see what I can do as far as challenges go. My sim needed some fun and is playing Sims 3 :D On the screen you can see a park and some rabbitholes, like city hall, the bistro, theatre and grocery store!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »
I've decided to have a play Sims 2 for a bit and see what I can do as far as challenges go. My sim needed some fun and is playing Sims 3 :D On the screen you can see a park and some rabbitholes, like city hall, the bistro, theatre and grocery store!

I noticed that. Maybe it was showing what the Sunset Valley/Base Game World was going to look like originally.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 10:58:26 PM »
That was the easter egg they came out with about a year before sims3 came out.   Sort of like the bat that is hanging under the trampoline in sims3.

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »
I am so happy to hear this and eager to see if it works on my pc. I got Sims 3 only because when I got a new computer that had Windows 8, Sims 2 wouldn't work at all, and when  I contacted EA's support about it at that time, they just said Sims 2 was not compatible with Windows 8. But that was some years ago, so if they fixed it now I'd be so happy! :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »
I'm playing with Windows 8 and the game works brilliantly on my mid-range laptop.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
I know we're all about Sims3 and soon Sims4, but if you've been curious about Sims2 here's how to get your digital download free.  Go to your Origin account and sign in.  Go to your account profile and select edit account.  A drop down box should appear with one selection being, "Redeem Product Code".  Click on that and type in I-LOVE-THE-SIMS exactly as I typed it.  You can then go to your games and download it free.  I already have Sims2 in boxed sets but now I can play anytime I get bored with Sims3, (as if!), just by clicking on my Sims2 icon. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 03:42:12 PM »
Oo, thank you for that, Joria.

Is it just for the base game, or is it for all the expansions too?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
Oo, thank you for that, Joria.

Is it just for the base game, or is it for all the expansions too?
The Sims 2 Collection is the base game, and expansions they put out.

And don't mind if this thread gets moved as we've got a similar topic in the Babble Board.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 04:26:23 PM »
From what I understand, it's all EPs and SPs.

I'm also merging this with the main thread about the promo on the Babble Board. :)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
I downloaded it and it works fine until I enter Create-A-Sim and it crashes after something like 5 seconds.  :( Anybody else have this problem? I think I should try uninstalling and reinstalling . . .
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
I know this isn't about sims 3, but I didn't know where else to put it. My best friend sent me a link to get sims 2, every SP and EP for free.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-giving-the-sims-2-away-for-free-on-origin-along/1100-6421269/

I already got mine, it's downloading now, I'm kinda excited to see what 2 was all about.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 01:38:01 PM »
I'm merging this with the main thread on the free TS2 promo. :)

I have it too, but now I just need the motivation and extra time to play it. I played TS2 with friends, but I never owned the game and I forget basically everything about it. Oops!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 02:42:34 PM »
Sorry Trip, I didn't see this thread before I posted. I've downloaded it and it's running in the background. Kinda nervous about playing it as I don't know the cheat codes for this one lol. Ah well I'm guessing if I can play sims 3 I should be able to play 2!!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
There are a lot of cheats Esther1981, and in fact, you can see where the ones in Sims 3 came from :D  (If you go back to Sims 1, there is a definite lineage)

Here are some more minor ones.  I do believe you have to enable the cheats with the following first:

Open the cheat menu by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C, then entering the following:
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

If you wish to access outfits, hairstyles, etc. used by NPCs in the game, or otherwise locked outfits (like career ones...I always loved the Paranormal shaman outfit), then  while in Create - A - Sim, press Shift + N to access the outfits.  Press Shift + M to disable the outfits.

For what we would consider normal cheats:
Press CTRL + SHIFT + C to access the cheat window
Cheat            -   Effect
motherlode    -   Gives 50,000 Simoleans
aging off       -    turns off aging
aging on       -    turns on aging
unlockcareerrewards  -  allows you to access all career rewards

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
Thank you Bri!! Is there a make needs static cheat?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
Thank you Bri!! Is there a make needs static cheat?
Actually, there is, and is similar to the one in Sims 3.

Now, it has been a while, so I might be a little off, but you need to enable cheats (as mentioned above).  Then press Shift + Click (with the mouse) on the Mailbox.  A series of things should pop up from there.  From there, look for the one that says Fill Needs.  Choosing that, there should then be an option to make Needs Static.

There is an alternate way, I believe.  Shift + Click on the mailbox, and choose, I think it is called Spawn, and there should be something there called Sim Modder.  If you choose it, then a small baby should appear.  Clicking on this should allow you to max motives anytime.

However, the easiest and one I recommend are two codes. 

First, use this:
maxmotives   -  This makes everything maximum
motivedecayoff  -  Turns the needs falling off.  You may have to reuse this if a new family member is added, though :)

Something to bear in mind is if you are trying to potty train a child, you can't have the appropriate Need fulled (the baby has to sort of er...want to go...otherwise she will just drop off the potty)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Hey, im not sure if this if i can ask here, but is this only available in the US? i'm traveling and im trying to redeem the code and it doesnt seem to be working for me

edit: turns out i already had it redeemed and didn't realize, so it is working for me now, sorry!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 03:38:41 AM »
I really need to play this.

I just keep bouncing between my 3 stories at the moment.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
I miss a couple things from 3. I miss the button to follow your sim, I had to keep hitting it to follow him. I also can't figure out how to get him a point in charisma, I can't find the library and the bookcase he has doesn't have it. :(

On the positive side, it didn't let me type in the codes, I was probably typing it wrong, but I was able to keep him happy!! I say thanks to the sims 3 for this!!  ;D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »
You still hit "shift/Ctrl  C" and then just type in "kaching", "motherlode" or "maxmotives".  It took me a while to remember that again, lol.  Charisma is just talking in front of the mirror. :)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »
From memory, toddlers had a pink bunny toy that teaches charisma, too. I haven't gotten to the toddler stage yet.

I'm playing an unofficial immortal dynasty - unofficial for obvious reasons. Instead of max skill I'm going for max freetime hobby, and a unique liftetime want - those at least are similar to Sims 3. I'm not sure how I'll compensate for opportunities yet. They will each have to complete a unique aspiration reward tree, and each have a unique aspiration reward object or two. Instead of ambrosia, they will need to keep buying those hourglass thingies with their aspiration points. It's shaping up interesting so far. My founder has graduated with a 4.0 GPA, founded a Greek house on the largest size lot, and has moved in her future spouse (no marrying in University, so they'll wait until they move back to Pleasantview).

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »
You still hit "shift/Ctrl  C" and then just type in "kaching", "motherlode" or "maxmotives".  It took me a while to remember that again, lol.
So do you have to type the boolprop cheat? I'm having him earn his money and so far it's going good, but he already wants expensive items, so I might "cheat" to get some extra cash!!
Charisma is just talking in front of the mirror. :)
*facepalm* Wow, you get used to the skill books, and you forget the old fashioned way LOL!!

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2014, 05:50:24 AM »
Esther, if you right-click his portrait, you should be able to follow him, just like in Sims 3.

You can use the mirrors, or get the career reward for business (Execuputter), or you can have him buy a birdcage and talk to the bird for points.
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 07:15:02 AM »
Nope, you don't have to type in anything except the command after you bring up the cheat window. :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:13 PM »
Ok, I was double clicking the left button like 3.
Nope, you don't have to type in anything except the command after you bring up the cheat window. :)
Awesome!!

I'm kinda nervous about TS4 coming out. I'll tell you why! When I started playing 3, I'd never played a sims before, so people saying "Ah I miss this in 2, or 1" I didn't understand it. This was 3, a brand new game (to me anyways!), not 2 or 1! Now however I'm afraid I might wind up like those people, "Aww I miss this from 3!!" I just hope I can keep it straight in my head that is 4, NOT 3! I can also see what and why they said it too. 2 is a good game, but the thought keeps running through my head, "I miss this from 3!" I even keep telling myself it's a whole different game but I can't keep them from running through my mind.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »
I miss a couple things from 3. I miss the button to follow your sim, I had to keep hitting it to follow him. I also can't figure out how to get him a point in charisma, I can't find the library and the bookcase he has doesn't have it. :(

On the positive side, it didn't let me type in the codes, I was probably typing it wrong, but I was able to keep him happy!! I say thanks to the sims 3 for this!!  ;D

Sorry if you couldn't get the cheats to work.  I know they may be a bit fiddly; if someone else was able to get them to work, let us know.

As for increasing Charisma, I don't think you can read a book for them.  The easiest way?  Speak in front of a mirror.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:21 PM »
I couldn't get the boolprop to work, but motherlode does!

I'm having an issue that's literally driving me bonkers. When I bought my sim his first home, it was on a tiny lot. I've built his house as large as I can but it's still way to small for all the new items he's been asking for. I tried on the computer to find his own place, but it said to do it from the neighborhood button as he was the only adult on the lot. I went to the neighbors screen, packaged the lot, but I was only able to place his same small lot with his house on it. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but how can he move to a bigger lot/house??

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2014, 08:29:59 PM »
I couldn't get the boolprop to work, but motherlode does!
It's been a while, but I can't remember whether it needed spaces or not.  I know I had it work for me, but Sims 2 could get a bit finicky that way

, but I was only able to place his same small lot with his house on it. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but how can he move to a bigger lot/house??
There are a couple ways to do it.  The first I believe is to click on a newspaper (and computer, I think), and should be a window which says 'Find Own Place'  If you pick this, the person moves out, and should be on the bottom bar on the neighborhood screen.

The second option is to do it from the neighborhood screen.  There should be an icon which says something like Move Family to Bin.  Just move the Sims to the Sims bin, and don't move an occupied house.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2014, 11:07:02 PM »
There are a couple ways to do it.  The first I believe is to click on a newspaper (and computer, I think), and should be a window which says 'Find Own Place'  If you pick this, the person moves out, and should be on the bottom bar on the neighborhood screen.
The second option is to do it from the neighborhood screen.  There should be an icon which says something like Move Family to Bin.  Just move the Sims to the Sims bin, and don't move an occupied house.
I tried the first one but it said he couldn't do it cause he was the only adult on the lot. I'll try the second!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
Another difference I noticed, is that once a family is placed from the families bin, they are removed from the family bin. So no multiple copies of the same sim, and no re-using the same sim. You'll need to save them to the CAS bin if you want to re-use them I think. I had to do a factory reset to restore a family after I deleted them from the town, hoping I could place them from the bin again.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »
I know this is necroposting, but I just got evidence that we can still get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in 2017. I called EA (French version of EA's support), I explained that I had the discs and that I wished to have a digital version, with my discs next to me to show him, and in 5 minutes I got my download thanks to a very nice technician ! I'm so happy :)
So, dear readers, if you still want the Sims 2 UC, don't be afraid to still ask EA !

Offline Aliena

• Nooboo
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
I'm too late for this, or I am not?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 09:38:03 PM »
It's really a hit and miss type of situation with getting Sims 2 UC. You'll need to contact EA's Customer Service to ask.

How To: Contact EA's Customer Service / Use EA Help
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg401708#msg401708
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline LaraCroftLegacy

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
I got Sims 2 ultimate collection by being nice to EA game advisor and explain to them why I want it

anything