Author Topic: Northman Total Domination Dynasty  (Read 9420 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Northman Total Domination Dynasty
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:11:06 PM »
NORTHMAN Total Domination Dynasty ~ By Nutella

Expansion packs -- Everything except Seasons.
World -- Appaloosa Plains

Domination Dynasty Challenge
Domination Town Time — Week 5 Day 6 @ 7:15am
Domination Vacation Time — 0 Days
Total Domination Time — 34 Days

What did you like most about the Domination Dynasty?
Nooboos, lots and lots of them.  Naming them has been the most fun I had in a long time, I've decided to go with desserts/sweets for my nooboos, maybe I will start another domination dynasty with different naming theme.  I am also interested in seeing how the sims genetics playout.

What was most difficult for you?

Graduations, everyone drops everything they are doing just drives me insane.  It's not really difficult, just very annoying.

My Red Room of Portraits:

Eric and Selene Northman

My favorite vampire of all time.  Created by imoger.

Favorite vamp needs a wife to procreate, hence Selene from Underworld came along.  Created by sillygirl_60.

Reproduction Day 1 -- Applepie, Biscotti, Cobbler, Doughnut.
Reproduction Day 2 -- Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Icecream, Jellybean.
Reproduction Day 3 -- Kitkat, Lollipop, Muffin, Nougat, Oreo, Pancake.
Reproduction Day 4 -- Quiche, Rockyroad, Souffle, Toffee, Uunijuusto, Viennetta.
Reproduction Day 5 -- Waffle, Xibing, Yogurt, Zabaione, Ambrosia, Brownie.
Reproduction Day 6 -- Cupcake, Dutchie, Eggtart, Flan, Gelato, Hotchocolate.  (3 kids were not used to dominate town, no more townies left to kick out)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Northman Total Domination Dynasty - AP
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:14:56 PM »
Wow, you finished this in 5 weeks without vacations -- that's amazing! But then, we've always known you're amazing. Hearty congratulations!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
Thanks Marian.  The trick is to find a world with the least amount of residential homes / lots, this way less drones to produce.  I also used my 5 lot changes to convert residential to commercial and plop down a building.  Money is no problem, my goal is to have to reproduce as little as possible to achieve town domination. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »
Reproduction Day 1
Week 1 Day 7 @ 1:11pm

I wanted to start with painting skill challenges for both sims, and architecture profession is perfect for this.  Didn't have to do any extra jobs except paint, although I did buy "Enterpreneurial Mindset" lifetime reward early and drank one "Liquid Job Booster" around career level 6.

Once I hit painting level 9, I scrap all the masterpiece paintings to prevent my sim from accidentally achieving the 3rd skill challenge.

I try to buy the cheapest lifetime reward (5000 points) but for queen I decided to go "Suave Seller" - this will help with my consignment sales later for alchemy and painting professions.

I used a bottled blessing of the fae on Doughnut.  Wanted him to learn gardening faster so he can plant some spotlight mushroom, as I will need plenty of these for potent invigorating elixirs.  As for gardener career, just need to harvest plants around town, don't need much to get level 2.

I used a bottled witches' brew on Cobbler.  Wanted him to level magic so he can break 20 plumbing items and 20 electrical items, need these for handiness skill later.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 11:06:43 PM »
Reproduction Day 2
Week 2 Day 5 @ 4:06pm

With the help of "Enterpreneurial Mindset + Liquid Job Booster + Basil", read logic books till around level 7 will get this career max. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 11:24:21 PM »
Reproduction Day 3
Week 3 Day 3 @ 12:21am

My queen had completed the consignment skill challenges using fruits and elixirs (from elixir store), and with the suave seller lifetime reward, I was able to level alchemist career in just one day.  Both king and queen make bottled curse of lycan (easy mats), I think I list about 10 elixirs and that was enough to push me over level 10.

All the empty residential houses are filled, now it is time to kick townies out.  Potent jar of friendship for the win.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 11:47:32 PM »
Reproduction Day 4
Week 3 Day 7 @ 11:04am

Good old subway trick.

I was tired of setting house on fire, I usually cake up the infants and toddlers on home lot.

Ok, I had problem with dessert starting with "U".  Wiki tells me Uunijuusto is a Finnish dish, and is typically eaten for dessert with berries (often cloudberries) or jam.  Looks delicious, wonder if I can find it in the states.

Originally I was going to use Vanilla, but that didn't sit right with me.  Vanilla is a flavor, not really a dessert.  Time to google again and found Viennetta (ice cream), wiki tells me it is sparsely available in the United States, another dish I will have to hunt down.

I don't know if Quiche belongs in the dessert category, but I can't be too picky when it comes to the letter "Q".

Mutation gave me very pretty eyes for this child.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 12:04:35 AM »
Reproduction Day 5
Week 4 Day 5 @ 12:06am

Vampires are amazing, they can exercise all they want without getting fatigued. 

Zabaione, is an Italian dessert, or sometimes a beverage, made with egg yolks, sugar, and a sweet wine.  I need to move to Italy.

XiBing - Chinese Engagement Cakes.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 12:18:34 AM »
Reproduction Day 6
Week 5 Day 1 @ 7:20pm

I have been saving all the non-masterpiece portraits for this moment.

I had 2 extra properties to buy and no more townies to kick out.  King and Queen bought the two properties and upgraded them fully to complete this dynasty at Week 5 Day 6.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »
Wow congrats on finishing so fast Nutella, just had my first brood and got some interesting tips from your summary, band is one career I never would have thought of as i've never tried it before.

Also architect, was about to change one of mine to painter but I think your idea is better as it makes sense to do the jobs the skills earn you experience for while learning them.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »
Thanks Turoskel.  Yes architect career is definitely great for painting skill, and I made a mistake later in the game, should have pair handiness skill with firefighter.  Also with architect, it lets you build your house and buy things cheaper, its a win win situation in the beginning of the game when money is tighter.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »
Congrats on completing your dynasty, Nutella!  I adore the names in this dynasty so very much.  They made me smile as I read your summary.  So very awesome  ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 10:27:06 AM »
Thanks Malley.  I was seriously hungry all the time when playing this dynasty, can you tell I got a sweet tooth?  ::)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
Thanks Malley.  I was seriously hungry all the time when playing this dynasty, can you tell I got a sweet tooth?  ::)

Right with you on that one  ;D

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
You did an amazing job on this one, Nutella! The only problem is that I'm starving because of you right now :P
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

anything