Author Topic: Exception raised? -- Possible Fix  (Read 22360 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Exception raised? [Not Fixed]
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
Sorry to double post, but this problem keeps getting worse. I was playing my dynasty for about three or four hours when it popped up and quit! I didn't save one time and I lost everything I did in that time! From now on I'm just going to have to save every 10 minutes, because it could happen anytime!

I'm wondering if it's possible that your game file has become corrupted.  There are instructions here for fixing a corrupted game file:  http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,6.0.html

I had to use those instructions once or twice while I was playing my Clan Douglas Dynasty.  I don't know how far along your Dynasty is, but those game files get quite large after a while, and things sometimes go wrong.  I don't know if that's the case here, but thought I'd mention it as those instructions saved my game.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Tommyo3000

• Immortal
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »
I don't think so because it happens on all of the game files I make plus new ones. It even happened in CAS one time. Something else I noticed is that a lot of the times it popped up I was looking at memories. This could just be a coincidence but I thought it was worth noting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 09:21:30 AM »
I don't think so because it happens on all of the game files I make plus new ones. It even happened in CAS one time. Something else I noticed is that a lot of the times it popped up I was looking at memories. This could just be a coincidence but I thought it was worth noting.
Same here Tommy. :-\ I've noticed it happening either when my computer starts getting really slow, or when i'm using some of the new generations stuff. (a.k.a. memories, etc.)
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline loudpacklife420

• NPC
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 01:26:52 AM »
Alot of people have been having this problem. I've been all over the ea forums trying to figure it out but to no avail i had to figure it out on my own. For all mac users the solution to this problem is to go to finder then click your name or the owners name on the left side,then go to library. Once there click on preferences find the sims 3 system preferences and delete the whole folder. I had this problem every 30 minutes and after doing this i haven't had this problem once. I really hope this helps everyone get back to their game. Anything you saved will still be on the game once you boot it up.

Offline bella16rose

• NPC
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »
Hi everyone, I get the dreaded 'exception raised' error all the time now... I haven't found a fully functional fix yet, but I did find this petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/solve-the-exception-raised-problem.html

I know it won't help make the game playable right now, but it's to try and get EA to pay attention to all the mac users who are having this issue, so if you are suffering from the exception raised error, please give it a look and sign it if you can! It's also asking EA for better customer support and services for the release of Sims 4, especially where mac users are concerned.

I hope we can find a fix soon! Good luck everyone!

Offline caz67

• NPC
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 10:20:03 PM »
Hi I am hoping someone is able to help me.   I purchased the Sim 3 game for my daughter who was very excited and we loaded the starter pack which worked well then we added the sims 3 pets and it will not open at all and keeps coming up with the Exception debug etc and to click on No or Yes and no matter what you do it either just hangs there or doesn't do anything.    Also we are using a Mac.   

If anyone is able to help me as I promised I would have it sorted by end of school today!!!   Thanks in advance  :-[ :-[

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Exception raised? -- Possible Fix
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:02 PM »
Hi Caz67,

I'm not a Mac user. However, I think I know of a link that might help.

Mac Exception Raised Unhandled page fault on read access
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Exception-Raised-Unhandled-page-fault-on-read-access-to/td-p/1851321

Also, have a look at the topic below to find more helpful links.

Topic: MAC Users - Helpful Links
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20731.0.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.