Author Topic: No school and no collecting from owned venues/businesses  (Read 1660 times)

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
No school and no collecting from owned venues/businesses
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »
Hello,

I've read most of the threads on these 2 issues but none answer what is happening with my family in Sunset Valley. I'm on a 5th gen Goth family. They just had a child who is now elementary school age. The bus never comes to pick her up and when I click the "go to school" button I get a "school is not in session" alert -- this happens M-F. Same thing happened when the parents were supposed to go to work so I made them self-employed.

Secondly, the family owns most of the businesses and venues in town but now when I click on them to do the weekly collect, that option is no longer available.

I've reset all my sims in the family, but still no school bus or collection from businesses. Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: No school and no collecting from owned venues/businesses
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
Have you tried moving the family with their house to the bin, bulldozing the lot, and putting the family with house back? It helped me when I had the school bus issue.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »
Have you tried moving the family with their house to the bin, bulldozing the lot, and putting the family with house back? It helped me when I had the school bus issue.

Yes I did, without success. I found a post about a fast, clean reinstall of the game which I did but even that didn't solve the problem. Luckily I had saved my family many times every day, but had to go back 2 gens before everything worked properly. :(  At least I didn't lose the whole family, only lost 2 generations  :(

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 08:36:14 PM »
So sorry. That's a lot to lose. I hope things go better.

Thanks KRae. I really hated losing them, but now the reconstituted family is even better.  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:16:50 AM »
I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help thread.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything