Author Topic: Rigel Duty: Epilogue (Part II)- One Kingdom (April 27) COMPLETE  (Read 68446 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 42- Turnstile (Jan 26)
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2015, 06:04:19 AM »
The line to snuggle nooboos always grow longer as time goes by  ;D Jupiter is so cute, and has such interesting genes. I just realised I'm reading your 4x4, I don't understand how you can play two dynasties and stay sane, lol. Are you playing Sims 4 as well? I'd love to see the Sakuras there.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »
The line to snuggle nooboos always grow longer as time goes by  ;D Jupiter is so cute, and has such interesting genes. I just realised I'm reading your 4x4, I don't understand how you can play two dynasties and stay sane, lol. Are you playing Sims 4 as well? I'd love to see the Sakuras there.

Thankfully, I finished the Rigel's and am solely playing the Sakura's again. Otherwise, I would have gone insane a while ago  :o

I do have the Sims 4. I haven't made any Sakura's on there, but I did make some Sims from other dynasties. I have a decadynasty that I've yet to finish because the computer it's on is slower than anything that I started with Jamie Jolina and I recreated some Sims from there because I loved them so much. They turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »
Chapter 43- Big Planet, Little Man

Now that Jupiter was a toddler, we immediately set forth on teaching him his skills so that he would be ready for childhood in just a short time. Everyone in the household pitched in to make sure that our little heir was right on schedule with his learning.

Even though he was not a merman, I could not help but enthuse with my son about my love of water and swimming, along with his older sisters, Star and Moona. My sweet little boy listened with a darling expression on his face.

Of course, even at his young age, I think he was just humoring his dear ol' dad...

Mother was greatly enjoying her time with Jupiter. We did not really get to enjoy our time with Star and Moona because it was essential for them to grow up quickly. Whenever Jupiter needed something, Mother was often the first person to him.

And little Jupiter enjoyed every moment of it.

Mother also helped to teach Jupiter how to walk.

Quite soon, the world was a little bigger for Jupiter.

When Jupiter was well set with his toddler skills, Nova returned to work. She always enjoyed when she would be able to meet up with our various family members across Monte Vista. Of course, nothing was better than being able to spend time with our daughters.

Back at home, Grandfather Orion was spending his day off by playing with Jupiter. He would have his required toddler skills down in no time.

But I was also able to sneak in some play time with my son as well.

Of course, Jupiter's toddler days had to come to an end at some point. Great-Grandmother Andi brought Jupiter to his birthday cake the next morning.

We all gathered around to help celebrate Jupiter's birthday.

The sparkles surrounded my little boy...

...and he was suddenly a little man.

Jupiter gained the Unlucky trait.

The planet Jupiter is quite big, so I knew that my little boy would have big things in his future.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 43- Big Planet, Little Man (Jan 29)
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:23 PM »
After reading this and seeing Jupiter's expressions I'm starting to miss toddlers.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 43- Big Planet, Little Man (Jan 29)
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
After reading this and seeing Jupiter's expressions I'm starting to miss toddlers.

Yeah, that's one of the things that my sister and I miss the most in the Sims 4.

Chapter 44- Eccentricity

Before Jupiter could set forth on practicing his personal interests, it is important that he receive some tutoring first so that he would be prepared for his first day of school. It was imperative that he make the honor roll. Jupiter was a bright boy so I had no qualms whatsoever about his education.

Once his grades were exceptional, Jupiter spent the rest of his birthday trying his hand at a new skill. He had always been quite creative but could not really do anything with his creativity until now. Nova and I had purchased an inventing table for him and Jupiter took to it quite quickly.

Nova was sure to tell the family members she encountered all about Jupiter. My dear sister Selena was pleased to hear that her only nephew was doing so well.

Jupiter's child years passed quickly. He spent a good portion of his time at school and when he was in the house, Jupiter spent his time tinkering at his inventing table. Once he made the honor roll, it was time for Jupiter to age up into a young man.

Jupiter was quite excited to age up because he knew that there would be some new skills that he would be now able to learn.

With some uncomfortable looking contorting, Jupiter was now a teenager.

Like his child birthday, Nova and I purchased a special gift for our son on his teen birthday. Jupiter was a bit disappointed that he could not paint since he was quite artistic. After pondering the subject for a bit, Nova and I came up with a solution: sculpting! Jupiter could get his fill of art that way. He seemed quite excited that he would be able to try his hand at the arts after all.

Here is teenage Jupiter.

He gained the Inappropriate trait.

Jupiter set off after celebrating his birthday and updating his wardrobe to the cemetery to get a job, as per his requirements.

Once he returned home, Grandfather Orion managed to catch up with Jupiter before Jupiter could resume his inventing. Now that he was in high school, Jupiter needed to make the honor roll again.

Of course, Jupiter also made some time to talk to his sisters when they called him to wish him a happy birthday.

But, of course, Jupiter's birthday went out like a bang.

The unwelcome visitor was quickly disregarded and things returned to normal. Jupiter excelled in school, as expected, and secured a romantic interest. Her name was Kerry Free. She was a sweet girl.

Kerry also really seemed to like my son. Then again, how could you not?

Jupiter's teenage years weren't all focused on requirements; he did get in some fun time with his Grandmother.

He was also told some ghost stories by the maid.

That seemed to really have an impact on Jupiter...

I forgot to mention that the next update may take awhile. My laptop, which has the photos for this story, has a broken hinge and my dad found a place to repair it. However, I have no idea when they're going to get the part in, so I am temporarily without my laptop. *Eye twitch* I'm having laptop withdrawal...

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 44- Eccentricity (Feb 2)
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:14 AM »
Is telling ghost stories part of the maid service these days?  ;) Hopefully you get your laptop back soon!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
Hope your laptop gets back to you soon. Finally caught up after time away... I really love your writing, there's times when my dodgy internet doesn't load the pictures but it's not even a hassle because the writing is just so good!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2015, 08:20:04 PM »
Is telling ghost stories part of the maid service these days?  ;) Hopefully you get your laptop back soon!

It apparently is  :o. I saw the flashlight and the accompanying ghost story images and was wondering who might have been the one telling the story. Lo and behold, it was the maid!

Hope your laptop gets back to you soon. Finally caught up after time away... I really love your writing, there's times when my dodgy internet doesn't load the pictures but it's not even a hassle because the writing is just so good!

Aww! Thanks so much  ;D Glad you're back, by the way!

And, I forgot to say thanks for 4000 views!!!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2015, 07:32:53 PM »
HOORAY FOR HAVING MY LAPTOP BACK!!!

Chapter 45- Passing the Torch

Things were pretty mundane around the house. Jupiter worked on his requirements. I painted and Nova continued solving cases around Monte Vista. Grandfather Orion was invited to a party and was thrilled to see Grandmother Daphne at the party as well.

Grandfather Orion was also quite happy to see his sister, Great Aunty Luna. Aunt Luna waited patiently with one of Mother's newest books  and read until her brother came up for air.

Back at home, Jupiter spent the remainder of his teen years getting a head start on his skill challenges. He continued working on his inventing skill challenges, though I'm not sure that contorting yourself was a requirement of that particular skill...

Regardless of how he was doing it, Jupiter was getting things done and was soon ready to age up into a young man.

Great Grandmother Andi baked a lovely birthday cake for Jupiter and we all gathered around to celebrate his birthday.

Now a young adult, Jupiter was now the active heir. I was so proud of my son.

Here is Jupiter as a young adult.

His final trait was Excitable.

As for me, it has been quite the adventure but I am relieved to say that I am ready to pass on the torch to my son.

Cordially yours,

Pisces Rigel

Here are Pisces' final stats:

Name: Pisces Rigel
Life State: Merman
Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts
Traits: Virtuoso, Excitable, Unstable, Snob, Artistic, Rebellious* (*Rebel Influence)
Toddler Requirements:
                  Best Friends with Parents: Complete
                  Toddler Skills: Xylophone, peg box
Child Requirements:
                  Honors: Complete
                  Opportunity: Old Ladies Crossing
Teen Requirements:
                  Honors: Complete
                  Romantic Interest: Callie Elam
                  Level 3 Job: Complete
1 Best Friend: Dario DeLuca (werewolf)
2 Career Rewards: Painting Certificate, Painter's Ribbon
3 Black Opps: Commissioned Street Art, Painting the City, Fresco Fest
4 Unique LTR: Permanent Mermaid, Extra Creative, Suave Seller, Strong Stomach
5 5k Wishes:

Max the Painting Skill
Reach Lv. 10 of the Painter Career
Max the Street Art Skill
Paint Something Worth $3500
Max the Guitar Skill

6 Skill Challenges:

Master Muralist
Precision Sprayer
Proficient Painter
Brushmaster
Master Painter
Always Wanted

7 Unique Items: Paintings
Favorite Color: Yellow
Spouse: Nova Rigel
Children: Star Rigel, Moona Rigel and Jupiter Rigel

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 45- Passing the Torch (Feb 14)
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2015, 06:02:37 AM »
Congratulations to Pisces. Jupiter is a very handsome young Sim, can't wait to see what he gets up to, I love the excitable trait.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 45- Passing the Torch (Feb 14)
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
Congratulations to Pisces. Jupiter is a very handsome young Sim, can't wait to see what he gets up to, I love the excitable trait.

Jupiter turned out to be quite adorable. I wasn't sure about the glasses for him, but they really seem to suit him.

Back to back updates since I was gone for so long  ;D

Chapter 46- An Odd Couple

Hey there! It's Jupiter Rigel. I'm the next in line in my Great Granny's dynasty. So, now that I'm the heir, I got a special gift, though I'm not entirely sure why this gift was so important. I mean, it was just a dusty old lamp, right?

Holy canoli! There's something in this thing!

Actually, there's someone in this lamp. How in Monte Vista did this pretty lady fit in there?

I didn't get much of a chance to ask the genie anything because I had to run off to work. There was only one kick butt ghost hunter in town and that was me!

Don't worry, Mr. Kitty, I'll get rid of the ghosty!

I had a special ghost hunting mission one night. I was pretty happy to hear that my sisters had a ghost problem...wait, that came out wrong. I was happy that I got to see my sisters, Star and Moona, when I came over to take care of their ghost problem.

I made sure that I took care of those invaders as quickly as possible because there was no way that I was going to let my big sisters live in a house full of ghosties...unless they were in to that sort of thing of course.

Of course, being involved in the ghost hunting career, I did have to spend some time at the cemetery. The place was kind of boring during the day.

The next day, however, was much more fun. I graduated from high school!

I was the valedictorian of the class and was voted Most Artistic.

My next order of business was to hang out with my new genie friend again. There was something about her...I just got butterflies in my stomach when I thought about her. So, I summoned her once again and made the decision to free her from the lap.

The genie was kind of surprised when I told her of my idea but she seemed grateful. Really grateful.

Now that was a great graduation gift.

I decided to ask her to be my girlfriend and she agreed! Yay!

And then I decided to take it one step further and ask her to marry me.

And she said yes again!!

My lady then officially moved into the house with us. Here is Chana Mock, my lovely lady genie.

She had a Good Sense of Humor, Great Kisser, Disciplined, Easily Impressed and a Natural Born Performer. She wanted to be a Magician.

So, things were going pretty great for Chana and me. However, my Dad reminded me of one thing...Kerry was kind of, sort of...still considered my romantic interest. Darn, I knew I forgot something! I called up Kerry and broke the news to her.

She wasn't too happy about the break up.

I love Chana and Jupiter as a couple. They are just so odd looking together. He's kind of skinny and nerdy and she's loud and larger than life. They are so cute in an odd way  ;)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 46- An Odd Couple (Feb 15)
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2015, 06:24:11 AM »
I agree Chana and Jupiter look cute and the glasses aren't so bad on him.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 46- An Odd Couple (Feb 15)
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:13 PM »
I agree Chana and Jupiter look cute and the glasses aren't so bad on him.

Chana and Jupiter actually turned out to be a really cute couple. They would roll wishes and autonomously do romantic interactions with/to each other all of the time  :-*

Chapter 47- Chana the Magnificent

Now that Chana had moved into the house, Mom knew that we would need room for our future nooboos. It was a sad moment but we knew that it was coming that Mom had to move out.

Dad was pretty bummed that Mom had moved out. They had been together since they were kids for the most part. Chana wanted to be a magician so she needed a lot of practice to get her tricks down pat. She practiced her tricks for Dad to try and make him feel better.

How could you not feel better when you saw that cute as a button face?

While Chana worked her magic, err...worked on her magic, I continued working as a ghost hunter. The Mayor of Monte Vista was so impressed with my ghost-butt-kicking skills that I received an award.

One career reward down, one to go!

Chana and I mostly spent our time working on our careers. I would take care of my skill challenges during the day while Chana would go out and perform for tips.

It was hard but it wasn't too bad to have to work all the time on my career and my skill challenges. One of the best perks was being able to see my sisters.

I told Moona and Star all about Chana and how we were engaged. They were happy to be invited to the wedding and were looking forward to the ceremony in a few days.

Chana was working on her magic skills and had finally earned enough promotions to feel confident to try and audition for a gig at a local venue.

The proprietor was impressed and gave Chana a shot on the stage!

It wouldn't be for a few hours so Chana decided to get in some practice by performing for the customers. Notice a special someone in the crowd? Yep, Great Aunty Luna was out and about that day.

Speaking of family members, I had another job to take care of some ghosts at another family member's house.

Great Uncle Caelum came home right as I was working on de-ghostifying the fridge.

Great Grandma Daphne waited outside while I did my job.

What I wouldn't do for family!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 47- Chana the Magnificent (Feb 20)
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
Lol, the Rigels attract ghosts and burglars! A magician genie totally makes sense.

Offline Ry3219

• Nooboo
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 47- Chana the Magnificent (Feb 20)
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »
Holy returning guest Rigel's! That was like a lot of spares that had ghost problems......the bigger question is why the Rigel's attract so many ghosts that they need Jupiter. Anywho, Chana is great she and Jupiter make a cute couple. They are so mismatched that it's adorable. I am glad you got your laptop back which I assume you are as well.