Author Topic: Looking for new pc  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Fatbat4

• Nooboo
Looking for new pc
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »
My laptop isn't going to work out well for the sims 4 but I don't have the money for a gaming pc. I only wanna spent 350 to 400 total I'm open to upgrading as long as it fits In my budget. Thanks!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Looking for new pc
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »
Do you only have a laptop?

Because if you have a desktop you can upgrade, then you're more likely to get a system that can run Sims 4 with that... you're not very likely to get one that can run it with only a $400 budget.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
That's an awfully tight budget to get a decent laptop to run a newly released game, even one with lower requirements like TS4. Moreover, the chances of finding a laptop in that price range that will run future expansions, let alone the base game, smoothly is even slimmer.

You need a good processor, preferably a dedicated graphics card, enough RAM and the like, which would be very hard to find in a laptop at that price range. Maybe you could look into refurbished laptops and see if there is anything that fits the bill.

As mentioned before, with a desktop you could upgrade to the above and still stay within your price range, but with a laptop it's quite difficult, if not impossible.

I would recommend trying to wait a bit longer and save up more for a decent laptop.
Hi!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
Unless a Laptop is absolutely critical, I would actually recommend a desktop.

You get more performance for your money.

Offline heather9587

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 12:35:51 AM »
My laptop isn't going to work out well for the sims 4 but I don't have the money for a gaming pc. I only wanna spent 350 to 400 total I'm open to upgrading as long as it fits In my budget. Thanks!

Actual gaming laptops are going to cost you at least 2500, and most companies don't offer laptops with real graphics cards, they just used integrated graphics. They are a huge waste of money because they won't run this kind of game.

If you don't have a desktop monitor, even at costco that will eat up at least $200 of your budget. I'm sure you can find something used somewhere but I don't know. As for upgrading any computer, you won't be able to get a good graphics card and some RAM for that amount of money by themselves so upgrading a desktop wouldn't be an option.

You are going to have to either save up, or someone will have to help you out to make this happen. It won't ever happen for $300-$400. You'd need to get some more money for it, like a lot more, or get one heck of a birthday/christmas present.

I guess what I am trying to get across is that "No, it does not fit in your budget". Not trying to sound mean. If you were able to play The Sims 3 on what you have- just forget about this whole thing, you CAN play The Sims 4 if you could play The Sims 3. It takes LESS power.

anything