Author Topic: Game-Generated Townies  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Game-Generated Townies
« on: October 08, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
I was wondering if the game generated townies in The Sims 4 all have the same facial structure like they did in the sims 3?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Game-Generated Townies
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:43:59 PM »
They seem to generate with unique facial features. Thank goodness!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
So far I've seen more variation in the female townies than in the male townies, but the facial structures differ enough to keep things interesting. The problem that frustrates me is that most of the game-generated townies are in the adult life phase, not the young adult life phase, meaning they make unsuitable spouses for most challenges that involve reproduction (since they age up so quickly.

However, the "manage households" tool in combination with testingcheats allows you to enter CAS in fulledit mode so that you can edit the townies in your game if you don't like the features that they're giving you. I'm not 100% that this is legal in challenges, but check the individual challenge to find out if it's important. Appearance affects little, so I'd think that as long as you leave the personalities alone, you should be good to rock and roll!

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
They seem to generate with unique facial features. Thank goodness!

Yes! Finally legacy sims will not look the same!

Offline AshleyShea

• Nooboo
Adding Townies to the Game
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »
How can I add more Sims/Townies to my world (to help populate the town) that I do not have to control? I want them to follow their on story line and progress without me controlling them because I have my own Sims family that I play. This may have already been discussed but I'm kind-of new the game and forums.  :-\

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum, AshleyShea!

The game itself generates townies, so you don't have to do anything. Most of them will be homeless, but if you click on "Fill Empty Houses" in the Gameplay section of Options (The 3 dots ... in the upper right corner), you'll get some families in houses.

If you want to add your own sims, you can click on an empty lot or house. You'll get the option to "add new household" or something, and you can pull them in from the Gallery or create your own.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »
Just wondering: If you move in a mail carrier, or any other service worker, will they keep their job? Will they still have their uniform, as one of their outfits? Just wondering. I'd like for them to continue doing what they're doing. I know in most cases, it's not an official career track. Still, it wouldn't take much for them to disappear for certain hours of the day, and bring home money.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »
@CuriousSim

As far as I am aware, the NPC's do not keep their jobs if you move them into a played household.  You can put them in any of the careers in game though.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 04:22:35 PM »
Certain NPC's will keep their jobs (as long as you don't play them) such as gym trainer, yoga teacher, fisherman, community gardener. Other's, like mailman seem to lose them.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.