Author Topic: Plumbob Lamps  (Read 42650 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Plumbob Lamps
« on: October 26, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
When TS4 came out if you had various different EP/SPs you would get a "reward".  Well, as "rewards" go it's kind of bogus since you have to pay for them, but as far as the effect of these rewards it's pretty cool.  So how many of you have noticed the plumb bob lights have auras that will affect your emotions and how many of you are using them?  I now have a lovely lavender pb, (plumb bob), light on the table next to every computer, (focused), a different one, (forget the color) in the kitchen on a shelf on the wall, (inspired), a red one on a bed side table, (romantic), etc. etc.  My Sims are always in the right mood thanks to these little gems and they do seem to help with whatever they need to do.  I placed a whole line of them in my party area like party lights and that unlocked the freezer bunny/llama gold statue reward.  Not sure it was worth the cash it cost but it's pretty cool in my garden.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Re: Plumbob Lamps
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
I have about 150 of these around my giant house so that I can control my sim's emotions constantly. For example, my kitchen is full of items of Inspiring Decor, including these "plumbob" lights.

I've been using them from day 1. At first I thought they were a horrible "reward," but then I saw the effects the had on emotional aura and realized how valuable they actually are.

I call my main sim family's home the "Emotional Aura Estate."

Here's a screenshot of a desk in the "Confident Room:"
The mounted fish, confident paintings, yellow plumbobs, desk, and chair (both unlocked content) are all giving off a "confident aura."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:43 PM »
You can't see all of the plumbobs in this screenshot, but I've done the same thing here in my "Playful Aura" Playroom.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »
Way cool, lindsay!  I just use one where it's needed, although some of the little Sims statue also wind up in certain areas.  They make pretty good party lights too even if you don't have the auras going.  Although, it might be cool to have a lot of playful ones around in a party!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:17:50 AM »
I thought they were stupid at first, until I realised the importance of emotions. I had forgotten all about them, actually. I think I used the green one (focused) as I needed that for my child sims to raise their grades, so that went in their room.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:01:13 AM »
Hey I haven't found a better topic to post this on than this, so:  I want to buy some sims 3 content since its on sale, but I also want to line up these purchases with some useful plumbob lights in sims 4.  Is there anyone who owns the sims 3 expansions, that could do a little bit of research on which plumbobs give what emotions, and advise me on what packs to buy?  I'm most interested in picking up focused and inspired plumbobs, but I'd like to get one of each type really. 

Basically, if you have the sims 3 expansions, and therefor the plumbobs, would you mind looking at the plumbobs and listing here what emotion each one gives?  It would be especially awesome if someone told me what that golden statue does!  I don't plan to buy all the expansions, but my curiosity burns.

Edit:  Some seriously difficult google searching provided the answer!  I'm posting this here in case anyone else can get use out of it.  I don't want to put a link in the post, I don't know how the community feels about links to outside sites.  I'd like to credit the guy that did it though, so if someone will let me know if putting links in posts is okay that'd be great.

Sims 3: Environment 5
World Adventures: Confident 4
Ambitions: Inspiring 4
Late Night: Romantic 4
Generations: Environment 4
Pets: Playful 4
Showtime: Confident 4
Supernatural: Inspiring 4
Seasons: Environment 4
University Life: Focusing 4
Island Paradise: Playful 4
Into The Future: Focusing 4
Ultimate Freezer Bunny Award: Environment 10

So thats pretty cool.  Just owning sims 3 gives you a +2 happy aura lamp that only costs $200, and all the other awards give +1 aura of whatever their emotion is for around $100...  and can be stacked to get higher.  I cant find the price of the Ultimate award, but I'm assuming its decently cheap, and at environment 10 will provide a +3 happy moodlet.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Redthang1

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 07:46:36 AM »
I just got my sims 4 Thursday and I don't see any plumb bob lights and in your post you just wrote that they are rewards so what do I have to do to get them? I really need them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »
I just got my sims 4 Thursday and I don't see any plumb bob lights and in your post you just wrote that they are rewards so what do I have to do to get them I really need them PLEASE HElP ME thanks

The lights are rewards for having Sims 3 and the various expansion pack registered. If you have Sims 3 and any EP's, you can find the page here.. http://www.thesims.com/rewards/en_US/
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Redthang1

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 10:47:16 AM »
Thank you!!!

Offline Redthang1

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
Hey I haven't found a better topic to post this on than this, so:  I want to buy some sims 3 content since its on sale, but I also want to line up these purchases with some useful plumbob lights in sims 4.  Is there anyone who owns the sims 3 expansions, that could do a little bit of research on which plumbobs give what emotions, and advise me on what packs to buy?  I'm most interested in picking up focused and inspired plumbobs, but I'd like to get one of each type really. 

Basically, if you have the sims 3 expansions, and therefor the plumbobs, would you mind looking at the plumbobs and listing here what emotion each one gives?  It would be especially awesome if someone told me what that golden statue does!  I don't plan to buy all the expansions, but my curiosity burns.

Edit:  Some seriously difficult google searching provided the answer!  I'm posting this here in case anyone else can get use out of it.  I don't want to put a link in the post, I don't know how the community feels about links to outside sites.  I'd like to credit the guy that did it though, so if someone will let me know if putting links in posts is okay that'd be great.

Sims 3: Environment 5
World Adventures: Confident 4
Ambitions: Inspiring 4
Late Night: Romantic 4
Generations: Environment 4
Pets: Playful 4
Showtime: Confident 4
Supernatural: Inspiring 4
Seasons: Environment 4
University Life: Focusing 4
Island Paradise: Playful 4
Into The Future: Focusing 4
Ultimate Freezer Bunny Award: Environment 10

So thats pretty cool.  Just owning sims 3 gives you a +2 happy aura lamp that only costs $200, and all the other awards give +1 aura of whatever their emotion is for around $100...  and can be stacked to get higher.  I cant find the price of the Ultimate award, but I'm assuming its decently cheap, and at environment 10 will provide a +3 happy moodlet.

Thanks this helped me a lot I was looking all over for this information :)

Offline redd010904

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »
How do you get copies of multiple lights?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »
The lights come from owning Sims 3 and its expansions.  Once they've been registered at the above link, the lights then appear in Sims 4 buy mode under lighting and you can buy as many as you want if you have the money.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 01:48:28 PM »
1 lamp will give a +1 score, 2-12 lamps gives +2 and 13+ lamps gives +3.

Thank you @ClayMask who showed us this trick in the very first Sims 4 challenge back in 2015.

Offline redd010904

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »
So, I purchased the inspired and romantic lights, and it is no longer in my 'buy' mode, it just disappeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
So, I purchased the inspired and romantic lights, and it is no longer in my 'buy' mode, it just disappeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Are you sure it's gone? If it was marked as "new" it would have been shown near the beginning of the lights, and placing one would have made it drop down to its default location on the list. You might just have to scroll down further.