Author Topic: The Sakura 4x4- Epilogue-Part XII: Karma (Sept 3) COMPLETE  (Read 106900 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 13: The Golden Years (Jan 17)
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »
Kenai is very handsome, the perfect blend of his parents. Gorgeous eyes.

I congratulate you on London fulfilling his requirements (a little late, I know).  I was a little busy and I couldn't read the stories, the good thing is that I have more to read now. :)

That's always a perk when real life gets in the way  ;)

He really is gorgeous!

The genetics for the Bridgeport heirs are awesome. All of them turned out quite lovely.

Chapter 14- A Close Call

Deidre began to work with Kenai on his school work so that he would be ready for his first day of school the next day.

However, we were all disrupted when we heard a commotion coming from outside.

As it turns out, a reporter that was staking out our house ended up passing away. When that happened, we had a visit from Grim.

Grim quickly did his business and then turned his attention to my Mom and Dad. He smiled at them and told them that he'd see them soon. My Mom's name means rainbow, but she definitely turned white when Grim's words were spoken.

Dayton was definitely the best brother that anyone could ever ask for as a dynasty heir. He placed his hands on Mom and Dad's shoulders and ushered them calmly inside the house. Dayton assured them that Grim was just trying to rattle them and to throw the dynasty off track but that we could defeat Grim's challenge and succeed. Mom and Dad thanked Dayton for his strength and understanding. They then proceeded to unwind from this close call with a pillow fight.

For Deidre and me, we took our minds off of things by redoing Kenai's bedroom. Now that he was older, Kenai no longer needed the baby things and so we changed his room to match.

Kenai was a little nervous for his first day of school but a good night's sleep in his brand new big boy bed helped.

Things were a lot quieter while Kenai was out at school. I worked on my guitar skill while Deidre went to work. Dad and Dayton worked in the garden together and Mom worked on her paintings.

Of course, we were all happy when Kenai came home. He was just a bundle of fun and energy.

Dayton also continued working on his painting skill while Mom helped Kenai with his homework. To say he got a little too into his painting is an understatement. Then again, I've done the same thing...

But that was ancient history compared to the monumental event that occurred that same evening. I maxed my guitar skill and I completed my lifetime wish!

With all of the commotion of finally achieving my life's dream, I forgot that it was my birthday.

It was a little frightening to think that now that Mom and Dad were getting older, I had to do the same and our meeting with Grim not that long ago reminded me that I would also eventually need to sacrifice myself for the dynasty.

Morbid thoughts aside, I turned my attention back to the present day. I was here with my wife, my parents, my awesome little boy and a terrible hairdo.

Deidre's birthday was right after mine.

The next birthday on the agenda was Kenai's. Before my little guy grew up into a young man, I wanted to get in some more play time before his real work began.

Offline Ry3219

• Nooboo
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 14: A Close Call (Jan 20)
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2015, 10:49:08 PM »
Don't you just love it when random reporters just die on your property, that has happened to me dozens of times. Either way the reporter dying was a definitely good way to have Grim pop up to scare the Sakura's. I am excited to see Kenai grow up and continue the Sakura dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 14: A Close Call (Jan 20)
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2015, 06:50:51 PM »
Don't you just love it when random reporters just die on your property, that has happened to me dozens of times. Either way the reporter dying was a definitely good way to have Grim pop up to scare the Sakura's. I am excited to see Kenai grow up and continue the Sakura dynasty.

Unfortunately, Grim decides to make a comeback a little too quickly for my taste  :(

Chapter 15- Colorless

Kenai's teenage birthday followed Deidre's and mine.

Kenai's curly hair straightened out when he aged up.

Thankfully, he wasn't too concerned with his appearance even though he was now a teenager and Kenai came to share some cake with all of us.

Once he was done eating, Kenai went to update his teenage wardrobe. He gained the Supernatural Fan trait.

Deidre tutored Kenai so that he could start off in high school with an A.

Even though he was completely prepared for high school, that didn't mean that Kenai wasn't nervous about it. I knew that he would be fine. Mom and Dad assured him that he would do well and that seemed to help, thankfully.

In fact, Kenai had a wonderful first day of school. He met a nice girl named Nicola. They became fast friends and they hung out a lot together. Kenai even asked Nicola to prom.

Mom and Dad just smiled knowingly at Deidre and me, saying that we were the same way before we got together. I laughed and could only hope that Kenai was able to find someone as wonderful as Deidre.

Speaking of Deidre, she was working on her logic skill and Dayton said that she could use his chemistry set. She didn't have much success at first.

Deidre was able to get herself together before Kenai went off to prom, which he was pretty excited about. He was named Prom King and Nicola was Prom Queen.

We sat down to have some dinner while Kenai was off at prom. If what happened next had to happen, I'm glad that Kenai was out of the house when this transpired. Mom sat down to dinner with us but stopped before she could begin eating. She said that she felt a little funny and we soon discovered why that was.

It was much too soon for Grim to be back at our house.

"Hello Niji." Grim sneered. "It's been a while."

"If it is my time, then I will go with you willingly," Mom told Grim. "But you need to promise me that this challenge will continue. My family has followed the rules and deserves the opportunity to keep going. Do not break your promise."

Grim was silent for a moment.
"Of course. Those were the terms of our deal. You kept your end of the bargain so I'll keep mine. For now."

Before we realized what was happening, Mom was gone and all that was left was a large tombstone. Mom, our rainbow, was suddenly gone.

RIP Niji Sakura, aged 55

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 15: Colorless (Jan 24)
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »
My earlier post seems to have gone missing, anyway I love your stories and the fact that you like to continue with descendants of previous challenges.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 15: Colorless (Jan 24)
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
My earlier post seems to have gone missing, anyway I love your stories and the fact that you like to continue with descendants of previous challenges.

Thanks  :) I love the Sakura line. It's amazing to see how they have changed over the generations. I'm in the third world in game right now so I can definitely say that the generations certainly get some interesting genetics  ;)

Chapter 16- Dynasty Pillar

We all took Mom's death really hard. Dad took it especially hard. They had started this journey together. Mom told us how Dad could have upped and left when Mom dropped the bombshell on him about the dynasty but he stayed by her side, his love for her never wavering. Now, they were apart for the first time in a long time.

We told Kenai what happened when he came home from prom with Nicola. He was devastated.

It wasn't easy for any of us, to be honest.

Dayton, even though I knew that he was suffering as much as the rest of us, was such a pillar of strength for the family. He did his best to keep everything together for all of us. Dayton knew that he needed to learn how to deal with this part of the dynasty because he would be seeing it again and again.

What we didn't realize is that we would be losing another family member quite so soon.

I suppose that it was inevitable that Grim would return to take Dad but we didn't expect it to be the next day. But, then again, Dad had told us that he just couldn't bear to be apart from Mom.

It seems that he was completely serious about that. Dad shook Grim's hand willingly, looking forward to being reunited with Mom.

Grim then decided to hang around for a while and play some computer games while we all mourned the loss of Dad.

Not cool.

RIP Makoto Sakura, aged 56.

Things were really quiet around the house the next few days. No one really knew what to say. Kenai tried to make us all feel better by telling us all about what was going on at school and with Nicola.

Dayton now took on majority of the duties that Mom and Dad had before they passed on. Once again, he was the pillar of the dynasty.

It was a nice change of pace to have something to celebrate when Kenai's young adult birthday rolled around. Dayton whipped up a nice cake for Kenai and we got ready to celebrate his birthday the next morning.

Kenai was now a young man.

Here is Young Adult Kenai.

With the consecutive losses of both his grandparents, I suppose it was no surprise that Kenai's final trait was Nurturing. Family was very important to all of us and to Kenai as well.

For his lifetime wish, Kenai decided that he would like to become a Paranormal Profiteer and focus on his logic skill. I had no doubt that he could do it.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 16: Dynasty Pillar (Jan 26)
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 06:00:10 AM »
Grim is so mean  :( At least now Niji and Makoto are together. Best of luck to Kenai with the Ghost Hunting career. I just love his blue eyes.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 16: Dynasty Pillar (Jan 26)
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 03:47:51 PM »
Grim is so mean  :( At least now Niji and Makoto are together. Best of luck to Kenai with the Ghost Hunting career. I just love his blue eyes.

That was so sad yet sweet that Niji and Makoto died a day apart. The worst, however, is yet to come. There is another couple later in the dynasty that just couldn't bear to be apart and it was really touching.

Chapter 17- Healing

Hey everyone! Kenai Sakura here! Now that I am a young adult, I am now officially the active heir, so I get to tell my story now. So, I had a bunch of things to accomplish now that I was older but there was one thing that I wanted to sort out first. Nicola has been my long time girlfriend and, to be honest, I really, really liked her. I was so excited to see that Nicola had also aged up into a young adult.

I didn't want to beat around the bush; I made my intentions clear about how I felt about her and how I wanted our relationship to progress.

I was so relieved that Nicola felt the same way and that she wanted to be with me, polka dot pajamas and all.

I was very disappointed that Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be here with us at this moment when I asked Nicola to be my wife. However, I know that they would be very happy to see that we were slowly healing after the heartbreak of their deaths and continuing on with the dynasty.

Nicola was aware of what happened with Grandma and Grandpa. She told me that she would be honored to be my wife and that she was proud of my strength to carry on with my requirements.

Now that we were engaged, I asked Nicola to move in with us. She readily agreed and joined the household.

Nicola decided that she would like to have a makeover now that she was a young adult. She had the Slob, Family Oriented, Born Saleswoman, Loves to Swim and Kleptomaniac traits. Nicola decided that she wanted to be a Master Thief.

The next thing on my to-do list was to sign up as a ghost hunter at the local science center. The people at the center knew that I was Makoto's grandson so they were more than happy to give me a job.

Nicola had also signed up at the local warehouse for a job in the criminal career. She then began to work on her athletic skill. Uncle Dayton said that she could use his tv to work out undisturbed. Nicole appreciated it.

Uncle Dayton also said that I could use his chemistry set for my skill challenges. I wanted to learn how to make all of the potions that I could.

I was super excited when I made my first potion!

For the next few days, things were pretty routine. I worked on my skill challenges during the day and then worked at night. It was pretty cool being able to fight some ghosties!

Speaking of ghosties, we had a visitor at home while I was out at work.

Mom and Dad were happy to see that Grandpa was doing well. I didn't get to see him because I had been contacted by City Hall. I was being awarded for my work as a ghost hunter. What an honor!

When I came home that night, Dad was celebrating. I thought he might be celebrating because of the award that I received but then I remembered that it was his birthday.

Dad had aged up into an elder and, according to him, he was okay with remaining an elder this time around.

Grandma showed up for Dad's birthday celebration too.

It was a very touching moment to see Grandma and Grandpa being reunited before our eyes. Even though they hadn't been gone that long, it was still so great to see them together again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 17: Healing (Jan 29)
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »
Aw, they're in love even after death. I really like Kenai's voice and Nicola has very peculiar traits.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 17: Healing (Jan 29)
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 04:27:02 PM »
Aw, they're in love even after death. I really like Kenai's voice and Nicola has very peculiar traits.

Nicola's traits were decent, thankfully  :o

Chapter 18- Thinking Ahead

Knowing that my grandparents were ghosts made me approach my job a little differently. Instead of banishing the ghosts, I preferred to convince them to move on to whatever comes next. They seemed to be okay with that.

Back at home, Mom, Dad, Nicola and Uncle Dayton continued their work in their respective jobs. Mom, however, began to question her career choice when they stated that they would need to wear brand new uniforms...

Thankfully, she didn't have to worry about it much longer because Mom had her elder birthday.

Here is Mom as an Elder.

(Is Deidre not a gorgeous elder?!)

Once Mom changed her clothes to suit her, she promptly retired.

Mom and Dad were glad they had the chance and the time to witness my marriage to Nicola that weekend.

We were both doing quite well in our careers so we decided that now would be a good time to tie the knot.

I guess you could call us nerdy, but Nicola and I spent our honeymoon at home working on our skills. It was really beneficial because I got some time to work on my logic skill challenges.

Once I learned all of the potions from Uncle Dayton's chemistry table, I moved on to stargazing.

Nicola, meanwhile, took a break from her workouts to play some computer games. She was interrupted when it came time for her adult birthday celebration.

Nicola and I did take some time to celebrate.

The next morning, I received a phone call with an opportunity. I had to take a trip to France. I thought it over for a quick moment before agreeing. I was really looking forward to this!

Later that day, I had booked a flight to Champs les Sims and arrived in France. It was awesome.

I quickly took care of my opportunity.

The rest of the time I had in France was spent having fun. I visited the nectary.

I also managed to find some special grapes for Uncle Dayton to plant.

I also made sure to pick up some special equipment just in case a future generation might want to use it...just in case  ;)

If you haven't read the update of Rigel Duty I posed today, I wanted to give you a heads up that the next update of the Sakura's might be a bit. My laptop, which has the photos and the game file for this story, has a broken hinge and it is currently out for repairs. I have no idea when they will get the part in so I can't update until then...*eye twitch*...laptop withdrawal...

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 18: Thinking Ahead (Feb 2)
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 04:31:13 AM »
Deidre is such a beautiful Sim in all life stages. Good idea to plan ahead while in France. Hope your laptop gets fixed soon, I know I'd be pulling my hair out by now  ;D

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
Gross, I hate hinge replacements. We'll be patient, though!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
Deidre is such a beautiful Sim in all life stages. Good idea to plan ahead while in France. Hope your laptop gets fixed soon, I know I'd be pulling my hair out by now  ;D

Gross, I hate hinge replacements. We'll be patient, though!

Thanks guys. I hate not having my laptop. I mean, I knew that I used it a lot because of college/work but not having it for nearly a week now has just been dismal because I'm seeing just how vital it is to my daily functions :(

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
I finally got my laptop back!!!

Chapter 19- Ghost Hunter

Contrary to popular belief, hunting ghosts was not all fun and games. There were some difficult things that went along with the job. Like getting stuck in elevator doors.

Once I got up and dusted myself off Once I made my dramatic entrance, I began looking for ghosts. Ignore the floating vampire in the room.

I dispersed another couple of ghosts and reached my last promotion. When I got my last promotion, I completed my lifetime wish. Not too bad for a day's work, right?

I rushed home to share the good news with my family. However, they had some news of their own to share with me.

Dad knew that it was his time to fulfill his last requirement and sacrifice himself for the dynasty. With grace, Dad shook Grim's hand and then he was gone.

We knew that this moment was inevitable but that didn't make it any easier.

Uncle Dayton did his best to stay strong for everyone, though I can't imagine that he was having an easier time than the rest of us. I mean, that was his older brother that he just lost.

Thanks for everything, Dad.

RIP- London Sakura, aged 53

Just like after we lost Grandma and Grandpa, things were quiet around the house for the next few days. Nicola helped me try to keep my mind off of things by volunteering to have me tutor her for my skill challenges.

We were all really relieved to see Dad visit us a short time after he died.

He made sure to tell Mom that he missed and he loved her. Mom expressed the same feelings.

Uncle Dayton continued working on his painting skill. He said that he wanted to max the skill as a way to honor his brother. I'm sure Dad would have been proud of Uncle Dayton when he finally did max out his painting skill.

Speaking of maxing out skill, I finished the last bits of my requirements. Since that was the case, I had officially completed all of my requirements and could now bring in the next heir. I quickly found Nicola and we immediately set out to celebrate my accomplishments.

I was super excited to have finished my requirements!

The Second Heir

Name: Kenai Sakura
Born: Week 8, Day 4
Traits: Genius, Brave, Family Oriented, Supernatural Fan, Nurturing
Unique Maxed Job: Ghost Hunter
Two Best Friends: Malik Hurst, Garry Werner
Three Skill Challenges: Master Chemist, Celestial Explorer, Skill Professor
Four Opportunities: Fixing the Celestial Slump, Riddle Away, A French Puzzler, Taking Down Sinclair
Items Added to Collection: Palladium
Career Rewards: Spooky Trophy, Ghost Hunter Medal

Lifetime Wish: Paranormal Profiteer
Favorite Color: Spice Brown
Spouse: Nicola Valla

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 19: Ghost Hunter (Feb 14)
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »
Glad you have your laptop back  ;D That was sweet of Dayton to max painting in honour of his brother and many congratulations to Kenai on completing his requirement.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 19: Ghost Hunter (Feb 14)
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »
Glad you have your laptop back  ;D That was sweet of Dayton to max painting in honour of his brother and many congratulations to Kenai on completing his requirement.

Dayton was going to be around for a while so he had a lot of time to max out some skills. I thought it would be nice to do the painting skill like his brother, London.

Back to back updates here too  ;D

Chapter 20- Pink Aspen

I was hanging out in the hot tub when Uncle Dayton came outside and gave me a gift. It was a young again potion. He pointed out that, now that I was able to bring in the next heir, I probably should take one of these potions to make sure that I would be around for a while. Uncle Dayton had a point.

I was young again, but with a terrible 'do.

I went inside to fix my hair. While I was taking care of that, unbeknownst to me, Nicola had discovered something amazing.

Nicola and I were going to be parents!

That was sooooo exciting!

Of course, pregnancy didn't stop Nicola from staying active.

Uncle Dayton worked on maxing out his painting skill after Dad died as sort of a tribute to him. I thought that was a really good idea and would be nice to do something like that myself. I asked Uncle Dayton about it and he said that he still had Dad's guitar. That was perfect.

The next couple days were pretty uneventful until late one evening. Nicola was in labor. I could fight ghosts and spot celestial bodies from millions of miles away but when it came to knowing what to do at this very moment...I had nothing.

Thankfully, Nicola snapped me out of it and we rushed to the hospital.

A short time later, I became the proud papa of a gorgeous little girl named Aspen. She had the Easily Impressed and Hates the Outdoors traits.

Now that we had a little nooboo in the house, we needed to make room for her. It was a bittersweet moment to remodel Grandma and Grandpa's room into a room for Aspen. We decorated it in pink, her favorite color.

Mom was overjoyed with Aspen. She was so happy that she got to meet her granddaughter before her time was up.

Mom wasn't the only one who doted over Aspen. We were all wrapped around her sweet little finger.

The next day was kind of a big one for all of us. In between taking care of Aspen, Nicola had her adult birthday.

And Mom...well, it was time for her to join Dad.

Nicola and I cried uncontrollably. Uncle Dayton just looked on, sort of numb to the whole thing at this point.

But Mom was ready to go. She got to meet her granddaughter and so she was ready to be reunited with Dad.

RIP- Deidre Sakura (nee Littler), aged 58.

anything