Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697612 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #540 on: December 09, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
So to clarify:  An Immortal must do all the work on their own museum pieces.  The materials they can use in the pieces must be collected either from randomly generated world features (IE, wild plants, rocks, ect) or made by themselves (IE, planted and grown to a harvestable state by the Sim).  They may NOT use materials produced by other Sims as final product.  Is this correct? 

So a Sim that wants to make Ambrosia for the museum would have to collect all the angelfish and deathflowers themselves (but could use another sims plant to collect those flowers) whereas if they wanted to use deathflowers for the museum, instead of just using another sims plant they would have to collect, plant, grow, then harvest again to be able to use them.

Sorry to be so... perfectionist about this one, but with how complicated this game is, its hard to get a good understanding of just what is museum legal and what isn't.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #541 on: December 09, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »
If aging was accidentally turned off then you'll need to restart. Sorry. :(

Yeah, that's what I figured.  On to try... five?  Or is it six?  Every time but one has been some kind of technical or weird problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #542 on: December 09, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »
I think I got what most of you mean, but I do have one question: Can we use treasure maps that other sims collected for the boxes with MySims statues in them (almost always in my case) or do the sim in question need to collect them by themselves?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #543 on: December 09, 2014, 08:32:04 PM »
I just toiled through skilling up my gen 2 heir in handiness so she could craft bathtubs for her museum pieces, all 10 of them. To find out that there is a game fault that won't allow the bathtubs to be placed in the house... or anywhere actually. They stay stuck in the inventory. There is a mention of it in Carl's guide on handiness but I must have missed that when I read it... or blindly took no notice anyhow!

So, yeah... don't bother crafting bathtubs on the woodworking bench... they can't be place in the world.  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #544 on: December 10, 2014, 05:29:07 AM »
Looks like I might have to restart my dynasty :( I picked flowers from the garden for my second heir, but he didn't growm them himself.. I did not realize that he had to do that. It sounds kind of logical when I read the comments, but I didn't think about it at the time. I must say one of the hardest things of this challenge is to keep track of all the rules and properly understanding them, because I've made a mistake with the rules quite often. I understood some of them differently. It might get easier the second time around. Although I'm not too happy to restart :P

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AM »
 It doesn't get easier.  Just different.  I'm on my second try and already thinking I won't make it which would really irritate me because I got my house up to a mansion and it's perfect.  Just gotta keep plugging along.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2014, 03:48:20 PM »
I need some advice please.  I've been taking my founders' spouse to the lounge to do comedy routines and when I went back there today it was labelled 'incomplete'.  Am I allowed to go into build mode and replace the missing object? I didn't think that it was possible to remove things from the community areas and I know I have never gone into build mode outside the Dynasty lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2014, 03:54:13 PM »
I need some advice please.  I've been taking my founders' spouse to the lounge to do comedy routines and when I went back there today it was labelled 'incomplete'.  Am I allowed to go into build mode and replace the missing object? I didn't think that it was possible to remove things from the community areas and I know I have never gone into build mode outside the Dynasty lot.

So when you go into Map mode by pressing M and you put your cursor over the lounge the icon says "incomplete"? Could you post a screenshot of that please?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »

This is how it shows up.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #549 on: December 10, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
An update on how evicting ghosts is going.

The next day two more households were added to Oasis Springs: The Ghost Of Bob Pancakes and The Ghost of The elderly sim that lived with Eric Spencer-Kim-Lewis (can't remember his name). I evicted both of them.

Today, about four simdays on, another ghost has been added to where Zest used to live. This time I am able to visit the lot and go inside his house. Maybe because my household knew Zest and visited that lot or maybe because we still have Zests urn and ghost on our lot at present. Either way I now have one household that I can visit so I'm not evicting this ghost just yet.

Obviously I'll still need a lot more that one visitable lot to be able to complete enough aspirations for my dynasty so I guess time will tell if more households are added. Preferably living... but at least visitable.

(Side issue, after I evicted all the ghosts my game had a massive culling of sims the next sim day at midnight. All my gen 2heir friends were culled apart from one and my 3 gen heirs BFF and three other friends were also culled. I don't know if evicting the ghosts triggered this or if it would have happened otherwise. All I know is that no culling had taken place before I evicted the ghosts.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
@HelenP — yeah that is strange. Go ahead and do what you need to do to fix it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
Four of my gen 2 Good friends have just been culled... again! I spent the day making a new lot of friends just for them to be culled again! So frustrating. Is anyone else having this happen?
I'm going to have to resort to using good friends from within the house, even though I really don't want to.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #553 on: December 10, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »
The problem is coming from when the population reaches 180 in world. They should retune it to cull the ghost or elders, not the younger ones.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #554 on: December 10, 2014, 06:28:35 PM »
The further we go the more complicated it's getting, mostly from folks like myself asking questions.   ;)  So here are two more about the museum.  In the garden you have fruits, veggies, weird plants, (like cowplant, space plant and trash plant), herbs and flowers.  Are each of these categories considered separte things?  So can heir A do fruits, (grown, tended and harvested by each given heir), heir B do veggies, heir C do herbs,  heir D do flowers and heir E do weird plants and it be ok for each of them, or are garden items just garden items no matter whether they are fruits, veggies, herbs, etc.?

Ok, elder moment, forgot question number 2.   ::)

EDITED because memory returned.  lol  Has nothing to do with museum.  I've got a lot of ghostly friends in my friends list.  They have all gone to greater glory, or wherever, because they are nowhere in the world so I can't chat with them or anything.  How can they be removed from the list or should I just leave them alone?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything